Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sammyspurs sammyspurs - Come on down!!!

Virgil van Dijk: No outfield player has made more mistakes leading to goals than Liverpool ace since 2018

giphy.gif
Sooner or later, they alllllll come round to Sammy Time

I'm sure it'd just be a doctors diagnosis (asthma) and an injection with a particular plan in place.- not as black and white as the coach just coming in and saying we're gonna dope.

Pretty sure some players over in Spain said how they had a program in place for things like that - think it might have been at Madrid.
It sounds like an excuse for the players to abuse Salbutamol. Asthmatics can get exemptions to use more of it than normal athletes.
It's what Chris Froome was under investigation for and probably what Vardy was inhaling.

It sounds like an excuse for the players to abuse Salbutamol. Asthmatics can get exemptions to use more of it than normal athletes.
It's what Chris Froome was under investigation for and probably what Vardy was inhaling.

That’s been in inhalers for decades. Does it really boost performance that much, surely you’d have to be taking the inhaler during games to get any actual consistent effect?

That’s been in inhalers for decades. Does it really boost performance that much, surely you’d have to be taking the inhaler during games to get any actual consistent effect?
WADA considers it performance enhancing, but asthmatics can get exemptions to exceed the normal levels allowed .
Even if it only boosts performance by a small amount, pro sports teams love to look for whatever tiny competitive advantage that they can.

The world of TUPEs is very iffy. Its astonishing how many athletes seem to be asthmatic.

Then you have the world of designer drugs. THG was designed to be undetectable. The only reason they found it even existed was because a coach who BALCO refused to supply stole a sample.

I'm convinced that some players dope. Maybe even some teams do. It would explain how some players join a club and reach heights no one ever thought they were capable off.

The world of TUPEs is very iffy. Its astonishing how many athletes seem to be asthmatic.

Then you have the world of designer drugs. THG was designed to be undetectable. The only reason they found it even existed was because a coach who BALCO refused to supply stole a sample.

I'm convinced that some players dope. Maybe even some teams do. It would explain how some players join a club and reach heights no one ever thought they were capable off.

Leicester blatantly did. Saved themselves from relegation then carried on cheating their way to a title.

The lack of positive drug tests in football is a joke.
Like the biggest sport with the most amount of money involved has praticaly zero doping but tiny athletics events are full of it.

I had deep suspicions about John Terry in his final years. One season in particular when he started to put in better performances than he had in previous ones.

The lack of positive drug tests in football is a joke.
Like the biggest sport with the most amount of money involved has praticaly zero doping but tiny athletics events are full of it.
When Wenger first arrived at Woolwich he injected all the players with ”vitamins”. Not one of the players questioned what was in the injection, just held out their arm. There isn't a single official record of these ever being administered, despite every player making written reference to them in their autobiographies.

When Wenger first arrived at Woolwich he injected all the players with ”vitamins”. Not one of the players questioned what was in the injection, just held out their arm. There isn't a single official record of these ever being administered, despite every player making written reference to them in their autobiographies.
Juventus players of the 90s have also admitted to being given "vitamins".
Zidane even testified in court.

If I'm being completely honest, Bale' s massive increase in muscle mass and performance around 2012 always seemed a bit suspicious to me. Same with Ronaldo.
I would tend to step away from appearance in general. The definition on players will vary before and after post workout on bodies with fat percentages around 4% mark, the difference is quite staggering. Also given the nature of playing for 90mins a big muscular physique is not conducive to aerobic performance. Both of them are however incredibly vein and put a lot of effort into their media profiles which are helped by looking ripped.

I would tend to step away from appearance in general. The definition on players will vary before and after post workout on bodies with fat percentages around 4% mark, the difference is quite staggering. Also given the nature of playing for 90mins a big muscular physique is not conducive to aerobic performance. Both of them are however incredibly vein and put a lot of effort into their media profiles which are helped by looking ripped.
Fair points.

Liverpool defender Neco Williams blacked out his Twitter account after receiving abuse over his performance against Lincoln, which his side won 7-2.

P.S the kid is 19. YNWA right?

See Karius for details.

Juve have doped any domestic trophy they have won in the 90s. Also, in CL at home they were looking from another galaxy, only to be found out later, like in finals
(I give them credit for what happened later though, when they facd relegation wit relative dignity and built the only modern club in Italy)

Liverpool are nearing that point where every game they start they are a goal up. It happens. It is their moment and the only question is how long it lasts.

Everything is going their way and nothing other than a lack of desire or a spate of injuries is going to derail them in the league.

In Europe it is more difficult because as good as they are in a relatively poor Premier League in terms of standards there are 4 or 5 European clubs who can derail them.

Back
Top Bottom