Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because most seasons we don’t have depth and we are normally shit with injuries, last season I think we had on average a third of the squad out at any one time. So we just burn out.
Well it looks like you are beginning to put a good run together now. Myself I fancy Chelsea to do well.

Much as Salah is a complete idiot and should be disciplined by the club I find it strange that some fans on here seem to believe that the only way Spurs can win the league or anything else is if all their opponent have players injured or ill. I think your players are good enough to do well no matter what strength Liverpool City cheese etc are at.

We had to listen to a load of bollox from pundits, so called experts and rival fans all last season about our lack of squad depth when we had Kane and Son (two of the best strikers in World football) out for prolonged periods of time at the same time.
We also had a raft of injuries to other key players, and I think we got to play our strongest team in maybe a quarter of the league games last season if that.

Now that Liverpool have finally got a few injuries its sob story after sob story in the press.

I'm just pointing out how it works one way for them and one way for us with all these so called experts and press.

Let's put it this way if we hadn't lost Kane and Son for prolonged periods we would be playing CL footy this season without a shadow of a doubt.

Much as Salah is a complete idiot and should be disciplined by the club I find it strange that some fans on here seem to believe that the only way Spurs can win the league or anything else is if all their opponent have players injured or ill. I think your players are good enough to do well no matter what strength Liverpool City cheese etc are at.
Not sure that's a correct overview of how Spurs fans feel, but it is definitely true that we take pleasure in most (not all) of the misfortunes that afflict our rivals. It's normal.

Thats true to some extent but I cant take any pleasure in players getting injured

I know what you mean, but there's a 'moral conflict' between having sympathy for an individual and jumping for joy that your opponents are weakened and have problems. At times like this I put my love for my fellow man aside and cheer, for the greater good.

Lol. Gimme a fucking break. Scousers who are now all high and mighty about “not one to relish an injury to anyone” didn’t have that kind of sympathy last year. Instead we heard “well, Spurs are too cheap to buy back-ups” or “you just don’t have the depth to compete with the big clubs” with a little snicker or smirk.
It’s fucking revolting. No one has players anywhere near Kane and Son sitting in the bench ready to spring into action. Most teams have no one near them in their first eleven. It’s complete garbage.
So, last season we had to sit through LiVARpool getting every single decision, be it a timely offside or dodgy penalty so they could scrape results. They had no injuries for any amount of time and virtually no adversity. Then they give us the patronizing “you could be like us if only you would add some depth bullshit”. Now the shoe’s on the other foot (and really not even to the same extent, because Andy Robertson tweaking his hamstring is hardly adversity), and we alll have to hear that they’re not cheering for anyone’s injuries and maybe Pickford should be drawn and quartered. It’s completely embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom