Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You’ve amended “Shit and Negative” to “Conservative” though.

You’ve slated the manager for a specific approach and then said it’s a good approach in certain games.
So again, why is a shit tactic good in some games?

Could it be that it’s not shit after all.

Back to the drawing board for you then
I never said “shit” I have always said too negative/not attacking enough. I’m sorry you don’t know what conservative means.

I also said in every post, these tactics work against bigger teams but not the likes of Palace, Wolves or Leicester.

Not my fault you can’t read and understand the differences of each opponent.

I never said “shit” I have always said too negative/not attacking enough. I’m sorry you don’t know what conservative means.

I also said in every post, these tactics work against bigger teams but not the likes of Palace, Wolves or Leicester.

Not my fault you can’t read and understand the differences of each opponent.
So it’s good to be “too negative” in certain games?

So it’s good to be “too negative” in certain games?
I don’t know why but your lack of basic knowledge continues to surprise me. I’ll try making it simple. Playing conservative against Liverpool is smart. Not negative since it gives us a better chance to win

Playing conservative against Palace is a negative tactics because it gives us less of a chance for us to win.

I have continued to say different opponents require different tactics. You continue to try twisting words and making it out like I say all opponents are the same.

They're must be something in the water there. It's never their fault for anything. It's almost like a collective psychological disorder affects the population of the city.
The history goes deep. Always playing second fiddle to larger cities like London.

Large expat Irish population, so the perception of being romantic outsiders against the 'man'.

The Catholism also factors in, treating their team like an evangelical religion.

Big fish in a small pond (see Everton ). In London you learn quickly that your team is not the centre of the universe!

I don’t know why but your lack of basic knowledge continues to surprise me. I’ll try making it simple. Playing conservative against Liverpool is smart. Not negative since it gives us a better chance to win

Playing conservative against Palace is a negative tactics because it gives us less of a chance for us to win.

I have continued to say different opponents require different tactics. You continue to try twisting words and making it out like I say all opponents are the same.
Again, you are flitting between two descriptions of the same tactics.

Are they too negative or just plain old conservative?
The same tactics don’t become different depending on who you play. They are either too negative or conservative, regardless of whether we play palace or Liverpool.

If the conservative approach v Liverpool is simply the identical approach vs Palace then it must be just a conservative approach that didn’t suit the game.

The history goes deep. Always playing second fiddle to larger cities like London.

Large expat Irish population, so the perception of being romantic outsiders against the 'man'.

The Catholism also factors in, treating their team like an evangelical religion.

Big fish in a small pond (see Everton ). In London you learn quickly that your team is not the centre of the universe!
This is spot on. Its very much like Napoli. Socio political/ religion/ culture toxic mess.

FFS. Yet another thread, which should provide humour, a good laugh, and some general piss-taking, stunk up by petty bloody arguments. :mourfacepalm:
Yea that’s my bad, I let Sammyspur pull me into another argument over the same thing for the third different thread. Better off to just ignore the twat for now on and just enjoy Liverpool finally dropping points and listening to Klopp complain.

This is spot on. Its very much like Napoli. Socio political/ religion/ culture toxic mess.
You can apply this a lot to Scotland too. So much of the Scottish identity is predicated on not being English, just like Liverpool not being "English". When you see yourself as fundentally different, whether as victim or superior, any perceived injustice always stings more.

Though tbf, some of the perceived injustices are real, they're not unique to Scotland or Liverpool. Cornwall, Wales, the north east of England, have often suffered worse, they just didn't have the identity politics to focus their greivences.

The same tactics don’t become different depending on who you play.
I would say that is exactly what happens. Taken to the extremes, would you not agree that playing the same tactics could be considered "conservative" against City, but "too negative" against Enfield High School U13 girls? That's your argument distilled.

Oh look who’s tactics are unsustainable

You can’t press for two straight seasons because players aren’t robots, and with a PL and CL they just aren’t hungry enough.

But hey, why strengthen because you’re already sooooooo good

LOL
Don’t think we can take the piss on that count, I would happily burn our players out to win the league and champions league, then fall off a cliff into being top of the league, albeit having played one game more.
Damn i sound like a Liverpool fan, hope all on TFC can forgive me. I fully understand if I get red carded
for sinking so low, Going for a bath in sulphuric acid

Back
Top Bottom