Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DXeVG8XXUAMeREH.jpg

Joseph Merrick(the elephant man) has returned from the dead.
Far left - second row.
:pochshock2:

Oh, they are so pathetic and embarrassing right now I can't help reveling in every little bit of it.
Only problem is my abdomen hurts from all the laughter and I can't get nothing done what with having to watch all the cringe YouTube videos, radio meltdowns, etc.

Hmmmm....that's a hard one to be fair. Can anyone think of a synonym for 'difficult' to help Jack out in future?
I'm finding it to be quite a challenge. It's a bit troublesome, frankly. If I knew this was going to be so vexing I wouldn't have made fun of him. Frustrating times.

Loved this post from a Brighton fan on a Guardian thread in reply to a post from some wanksock that started "I stopped supporting Woolwich after 50 years last December...":

"The team you lost to today had its ground sold out from underneath it, clung onto it's League status with a point on the last day of the season, survived a ground share fifty mules away, spent a decade playing on a makeshift pitch in the middle of a council athletics track and scrambled round the bottom two divisions for the best part of 20 years. But we still filled that crappy ground every week, we still filled our allocation at every away game and we never ever stopped singing that team through whatever adversity threw at it. And by the grace of god and true supporters -including two successive chairmen - with the money and energy to do something about it, we're reaping the rewards for patience and strength through harder times than clubs like Woolwich could ever conceive of (and I don't mean that disrespectfully, just that we come from different worlds).

So you do not - you absolutely fucking do not, ever - announce that you've quit supporting your team just because they don't make it into the Champions League any more. You carry on, you support them whatever happens, however lean the years become, because that's what real supporters do."

Preach AngloCeltSoundSystem, whoever you may be
The mans a bullshitte. If he’s supported them for 50 yrs then he’s known them not to finish in the top four each year, finish lower than 6th and win jus one trophy in 15 years.

Loved this post from a Brighton fan on a Guardian thread in reply to a post from some wanksock that started "I stopped supporting Woolwich after 50 years last December...":

Surely only a fucking imbecilic Gooner schlong would:

a) do this, and
b) bring his (former) club into disrepute by publicly confessing it...

'...last December'. As though, on a certain date, he was able to flick a switch in his mind and nullify a half-century of supposed allegiance.

It's made me realise there is an added bonus to being a Spurs fan.

Unlike the followers of other clubs – who may have arbitrarily chosen to dislike a nearby rival, for ritualistic, tribal-reinforcement purposes – we are blessed with Woolwich as our footballing nemesis. The uniquely virulent strain of repugnancy, embedded into their DNA, makes our innate feelings of revulsion towards them positively life-affirming.

Can’t believe I’ve forgotten to goad my Gooner dad. I’ll save it for their next crap result (so not a long wait).

He’s a typical Gooner too. Showed absolutely no interest in football, then years after I became a Spurs fan he decided to support them...in the ‘invincibles’ season.

Back
Top Bottom