Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamar
So Goons doing business by signing loads of players from foreign leagues...

We know how things end when wholesale changes are made to squads especially when signing them outside of the PL.:pochlol:

Still Emery is making waves.

Don't think Emery is signing players, no doubt there is a discussion but Woolwich have completely revamped their scouting a year or so ago, they are buying by numbers now (they own StatDNA a player data company) so lets see how this plays out. Without a doubt it will piss off the buy "big" brigade still, but we have those in our ranks too. I've no idea if this new team is any good, they would have had a hand in renewing the contracts of Ramsey and Xhaker too which is encouraging start (as I think they are shite), but I'd be courteous until we've seen how it all knits together.

Looks like they'll sign Bernd Leno for £20m. Solid keeper, but probably hasn't delivered on his potential as a 20yr old breaking into top flight football.

Lamar

Don't think Emery is signing players, no doubt there is a discussion but Woolwich have completely revamped their scouting a year or so ago, they are buying by numbers now (they own StatDNA a player data company) so lets see how this plays out. Without a doubt it will piss off the buy "big" brigade still, but we have those in our ranks too. I've no idea if this new team is any good, they would have had a hand in renewing the contracts of Ramsey and Xhaker too which is encouraging start (as I think they are shite), but I'd be courteous until we've seen how it all knits together.

We know from past experience buying more than 2-3 players causes all sorts of issues, look at ourselves after 2013 and then Everton. Wholesale squad changes are very hard to manage and then incorporating players who haven’t played PL football as well. No team doing that will be a threat. I’m all for Woolwich doing effectively what we’ve had to endure during our mediocre years.

We know from past experience buying more than 2-3 players causes all sorts of issues, look at ourselves after 2013 and then Everton. Wholesale squad changes are very hard to manage and then incorporating players who haven’t played PL football as well. No team doing that will be a threat. I’m all for Woolwich doing effectively what we’ve had to endure during our mediocre years.
Yeah, sorry mate, I missed the main point you were making about number of players and I agree.

Yeah, Leno is a proven decent keeper whereas Karius had one excellent season before his move. He's not outstanding - but unlikely to be a liability either.

Leno will be a good addition to them lot

In a universe where Hugo would somehow dissappear Leno would be on my shortlist of replacements

Leno is a strong beast which is both his strength and weakness ... he's great one v one and won't get knocked around at free kicks and corners, but he's not great at getting off the ground or sprinting out of the box ... we looked at him 12 months ago but he wasn't the 'sweeper keeper' that Hugo so obviously is ...
If you want a solid keeper to sit behind a deep back four he's very good ... if you want a mobile keeper, an extra defender, then he's not your man, he's also had a left leg which which very much was for standing on only ... still at the age of 25 he will only get better ...
Not yet a top 10 side's starting keeper ... which presumably is why he's going to Woolwich ... he wouldn't start for us but maybe he will for them ....

Lamar

Cautious, sure

Courteous, never.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom