Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The best thing about last night was how it played out...

I don't get the 'cruel defeat' angle...
Olympiakos were miles better than them for over an HOUR!

....at 0-1 down on the night, the usual spoilt Gooner wankers were bitching and moaning, only to be typically 'rewarded' with an equaliser... at which point, the spoilt cunts turned into smug cunts... and when the Arse did equalise, that was the only time in the game they were anywhere near on top... for all of 5 minutes, before Olympiakos got their 2nd...

I don't get all the despondency....

When WE narrowly lost against Fizzy Drinks Leipzig last week, we were accused of being overrun, dominated and totally deserving of a defeat... a narrow 1-goal defeat.... with the 2nd leg to come!

Yes, we may also go out, but we won't get any sympathy if we DO...

Unlike the Gooners, who seem to wanna start legal proceedings, and get a Parliamentary motion in place to have them reinstated into the competition just cos Abumassivefronteeth missed a sitter at the end!

Tough shit fuckos.... football hurts sometimes, dunnit?

The best thing about last night was how it played out...

I don't get the 'cruel defeat' angle...
Olympiakos were miles better than them for over an HOUR!

....at 0-1 down on the night, the usual spoilt Gooner wankers were bitching and moaning, only to be typically 'rewarded' with an equaliser... at which point, the spoilt cunts turned into smug cunts... and when the Arse did equalise, that was the only time in the game they were anywhere near on top... for all of 5 minutes, before Olympiakos got their 2nd...

I don't get all the despondency....

When WE narrowly lost against Fizzy Drinks Leipzig last week, we were accused of being overrun, dominated and totally deserving of a defeat... a narrow 1-goal defeat.... with the 2nd leg to come!

Yes, we may also go out, but we won't get any sympathy if we DO...

Unlike the Gooners, who seem to wanna start legal proceedings, and get a Parliamentary motion in place to have them reinstated into the competition just cos Abumassivefronteeth missed a sitter at the end!

Tough shit fuckos.... football hurts sometimes, dunnit?

And a totally different game if Gio’s free kick had gone in

Woolwich’s shock Europa League defeat by Olympiacos will cost them tens of millions of pounds in lost revenues, leaving the club in an ever-more perilous financial position as they desperately strive for a return to the Champions League.

Woolwich have made no secret of their need to return to Europe’s premier competition if they are to be financially sustainable going forward, and Thursday’s loss at the Emirates ensured they cannot qualify for the Champions League through winning the Europa League.

The defeat, sealed in the final moments of extra time, meant that Woolwich will miss out on millions of pounds in revenues from a tournament that brought them a crucial £40 million last season.

........(The rest of the article is hidden behind a paywall)

Woolwich’s shock Europa League defeat by Olympiacos will cost them tens of millions of pounds in lost revenues, leaving the club in an ever-more perilous financial position as they desperately strive for a return to the Champions League.

Woolwich have made no secret of their need to return to Europe’s premier competition if they are to be financially sustainable going forward, and Thursday’s loss at the Emirates ensured they cannot qualify for the Champions League through winning the Europa League.

The defeat, sealed in the final moments of extra time, meant that Woolwich will miss out on millions of pounds in revenues from a tournament that brought them a crucial £40 million last season.

........(The rest of the article is hidden behind a paywall)

How do you get £40m for reaching the final of the EL?

How do you get £40m for reaching the final of the EL?

I'm guessing it's prize money mixed with extra gate and matchday receipts, commercial money made through sponsors, TV money etc.

Prize money alone it's €10m less than they got last year for sure, chip away the matchday revenue, the moolah BT pay for the latter stages of the tournament, what Visit Rwanda give them if they get to certain stages of tournaments etc who can say.

It's behind a paywall so unfortunately I can't see the breakdown of it all if there is a breakdown of money attached to the article.

ER2yrCvXYAEY_4x

Never forget.

I'm guessing it's prize money mixed with extra gate and matchday receipts, commercial money made through sponsors, TV money etc.

Prize money alone it's €10m less than they got last year for sure, chip away the matchday revenue, the moolah BT pay for the latter stages of the tournament, what Visit Rwanda give them if they get to certain stages of tournaments etc who can say.

It's behind a paywall so unfortunately I can't see the breakdown of it all if there is a breakdown of money attached to the article.

Joe Clash Joe Clash

Don't judge me, I know it's the Daily Mail (it came up on a NewsNow search) but something I thought would shed light on their potential £40m lost in revenue:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nts-refund-fans-early-Europa-League-exit.html

The defeat means they will not only lose money from potential tournament winnings and TV revenue, but they will also have to pay out to their season ticket holders.

If the club do not play the required number of seven European fixtures at the Emirates, fans receive a rebate.

Joe Clash Joe Clash

Don't judge me, I know it's the Daily Mail (it came up on a NewsNow search) but something I thought would shed light on their potential £40m lost in revenue:

The defeat means they will not only lose money from potential tournament winnings and TV revenue, but they will also have to pay out to their season ticket holders.

If the club do not play the required number of seven European fixtures at the Emirates, fans receive a rebate.

Thanks for taking the trouble. I appreciate it. 👍

Thanks for taking the trouble. I appreciate it. 👍

Last one (I promise)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Woolwich-record-271m-losses-2019-21598747

Broadcast income for the Europa League was £36.6million, with prize money and gate receipts increasing this figure.

Woolwich will now suffer reduced commercial income, including from sponsors.

The Gunners must also compensate season ticket holders £4.5million for not reaching the seven cup matches they are guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom