Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he will stay if they are offering him a new 3 year contract at £250k a week. He’s 31 now. This is a player who was all set to go to China before Woolwich got him so he’s not afraid of going for the money.
Surely they'll have to strengthen the squad. He'd have expected CL footie when he signed, they're miles off that right now. 8th??? Arteta total points would have been 62/63. Pretty underwhelming imo

Edit - I think he played B'mouth twice, which skews his ppg upwards too

Last edited:
While the corruption yesterday was clear as day, I think it's good in the long term, they will believe their own hype not addressing the glaring weakness in their squad. A declining Aubameyang gets a bulk 3 year contract, I genuinely prefer they keep him. He's bang average with poor overall play, massive liability on the wings, will drop off a cliff next season and it will be another Ozil situation, goons don't realize this.
Reminds me a bit of the Leicester season where our meltdown let them finish above us in 2nd.

We knew we were far better but gifted them a St Totteringham's Day. Despite our disappointment, it was funny to watch Wenger get a new contract off the back of that and see them stagnate as Poch continued to improve us.

Compare and contrast Spurs and Woolwich right now - our manager and squad are disappointed with 6th and we're setting our sights higher next season (and put a decent run of form together during the run-in). They should be ashamed at finishing 8th, and yet this improbable FA Cup win (and I say that because how often do you see Man City that abject as in the semi-final? Then followed by some unbelievable luck in the final) has completely glossed over it.

They're a weird club. I'm not going to pretend that we aren't desperate for silverwear and would kill to win the FA cup next season, but it's obvious that despite winning it 3/5 times recently they simply haven't used it as a springboard for success. Quite the contrary, they've managed to use it to hide their mediocrity.

. Quite the contrary, they've managed to use it to hide their mediocrity.
This 100%.

I remember being in a hospital and overhearing one of the porters waffle on and on about the FA cup win over (I think) Hull City. When they went 2 down and Hull should have had a one on one for a 3rd.

Well, "dawn of a new era", "push onwards and upwards from this", never heard such bollocks. I thought to myself if that's how you justify the way you're going, then you're every bit as thick as all those other cnuts I know who support them.

In that time they've fallen further and further down the league, nowhere near the CL spots now, given away players they needed and spent a fortune on ones they don't, and lost 2 managers. Dawn of a new era, yes I suppose it was, just not the one they were assuming as their god-given right

While the corruption yesterday was clear as day, I think it's good in the long term, they will believe their own hype not addressing the glaring weakness in their squad. A declining Aubameyang gets a bulk 3 year contract, I genuinely prefer they keep him. He's bang average with poor overall play, massive liability on the wings, will drop off a cliff next season and it will be another Ozil situation, goons don't realize this.
Bang average yet he scored 22 goals... Some of you on this forum are so deluded it’s embarrassing.

He’s not a player in his prime years anymore but he’s their best player. We can only hope a new contract for Aubameyang will be Ozil v2.0.

Bang average yet he scored 22 goals... Some of you on this forum are so deluded it’s embarrassing.

He’s not a player in his prime years anymore but he’s their best player. We can only hope a new contract for Aubameyang will be Ozil v2.0.
Almost every player is average according to this place; over the last couple of days I've read here: Kante average, Wijnaldum average, Aubameyang average.. Not long until we will read here that De Bruyne is average as well... Probably by the same people who think Winks is a top 6 midfielder.

Reminds me a bit of the Leicester season where our meltdown let them finish above us in 2nd.

We knew we were far better but gifted them a St Totteringham's Day. Despite our disappointment, it was funny to watch Wenger get a new contract off the back of that and see them stagnate as Poch continued to improve us.

Compare and contrast Spurs and Woolwich right now - our manager and squad are disappointed with 6th and we're setting our sights higher next season (and put a decent run of form together during the run-in). They should be ashamed at finishing 8th, and yet this improbable FA Cup win (and I say that because how often do you see Man City that abject as in the semi-final? Then followed by some unbelievable luck in the final) has completely glossed over it.

They're a weird club. I'm not going to pretend that we aren't desperate for silverwear and would kill to win the FA cup next season, but it's obvious that despite winning it 3/5 times recently they simply haven't used it as a springboard for success. Quite the contrary, they've managed to use it to hide their mediocrity.

and it will get worse for them the longer they are out of the champions league. With them, they haven’t got champions league football for five years. There’s enough evidence there to say they shouldn’t really be counted as a top 6 club any more. If anything it’s a top 5.

Every year out of the CL for them and us in it means we pull away from them. It’s why it’s imperative we get top 4 next season and I think we will.

Top stuff! :mourthumb:

The amount of grizzling about them this last few days is getting out of hand... Some people are so shook by this cup win... Got some mug likening us to Newcastle because of it in another thread. We're still just as good/bad as we were on Friday(*).

(*Whilst if it wasn't for some dreadful gift of a win from an on the beach Liverpool - who still battered them btw! - they'd have finished 10th.)

Fuck 'em.

...So we have to bash up a couple of Astra Goo Goos in the early part of our season to blow off some rust? Fine... Let's ave the cunts.

Last edited:
and it will get worse for them the longer they are out of the champions league. With them, they haven’t got champions league football for five years. There’s enough evidence there to say they shouldn’t really be counted as a top 6 club any more. If anything it’s a top 5.

Every year out of the CL for them and us in it means we pull away from them. It’s why it’s imperative we get top 4 next season and I think we will.
I'm hopeful too as I think the combination of José's mentality and the team being 'unlocked' by a couple of smart additions will see us surprising a few pundits.

I think United and Chelsea were flattered by the top 4 race (for 3rd and 4th anyway) being a shit show and that unsustainable boost from Bruno Fernandes. It's interesting that the media seem happy enough to praise United but conveniently ignore that Leicester absolutely imploded simultaneously.

Anyway, we've done well before despite the start of the season predictions seeing us outside of CL qualification. If we're not predicted as 5th by almost every single football pundit then I'd be shocked.

Top stuff! :mourthumb:

The amount of grizzling about them this last few days is getting out of hand... Some people are so shook by this cup win... We're still just as good/bad as we were on Friday(*). Got some mug likening us to Newcastle because of it in another thread.

(*Whilst if it wasn't for some dreadful gift of a win from an on the beach Liverpool - who still battered them btw! - they'd have finished 10th.)

Fuck 'em.

...So we have to bash up a couple of Astra Goo Goos in the early part of our season to blow off some rust? Fine... Let's ave the cunts.
I didn't watch. At full time I was sitting down for a nice pub dinner and it totally left my mind.

I was waaaay more concerned about their EL final against Chelsea last season which was infinitely more important for them as a club and... whoops, they completely fucked that one up.

16:15.... They have just beaten Chelsea in a cup final and they sing Tottenham Tottenham whats the score. Last week they tell us we are small time for celebrating finishing above them.
We have turned them into Prime West ham..

Yes it is a trophy and that hurts but for them it means they're in Europe next season. They haven't got the squad to fight on all fronts so they'll struggle again.

If they were Europe-less next season I think they would have done better in the league. Now it'll be business as usual - mid table finish and unsustainable salaries.

It's a cup but long term I think this hurts them more
Long term it adds to their sponsor appeal - what income they miss from CL is compensated by better commercial deals.

They're a weird club.......have you seen their fan base as well weird doesn’t even come close.

Gooners love to take the piss. Nothing new there. Don’t get so hung about them. That’s one of the problems the club , comparing to them lot. Let’s all focus on ourselves

16:15.... They have just beaten Chelsea in a cup final and they sing Tottenham Tottenham whats the score. Last week they tell us we are small time for celebrating finishing above them.
We have turned them into Prime West ham..

So according to Gooner fans on the FA Cup Final:

They made "two fouls all game".

The arguable handball outside the area was "marginal".

They aren't a "one man team" (I'd actually be interested to see where they would have finished in the league without Aubameyang).

The referee "wasn't biased".

And they call us deluded...

I'm hopeful too as I think the combination of José's mentality and the team being 'unlocked' by a couple of smart additions will see us surprising a few pundits.

I think United and Chelsea were flattered by the top 4 race (for 3rd and 4th anyway) being a shit show and that unsustainable boost from Bruno Fernandes. It's interesting that the media seem happy enough to praise United but conveniently ignore that Leicester absolutely imploded simultaneously.

Anyway, we've done well before despite the start of the season predictions seeing us outside of CL qualification. If we're not predicted as 5th by almost every single football pundit then I'd be shocked.

I hope we are. We always do better when under the radar. It’s when we are expected to do well we fuck it up. Although Mourinho has obviously been employed to change that mindset.

Before the final I heard some Woolwich cunt say if they win it will mean they’ve had a better season than Spurs! WTF! Just about to play a final and that’s all that’s on his mind! Are Woolwich turning into West Ham?

So according to Gooner fans on the FA Cup Final:

They made "two fouls all game".

The arguable handball outside the area was "marginal".

They aren't a "one man team" (I'd actually be interested to see where they would have finished in the league without Aubameyang).

The referee "wasn't biased".

And they call us deluded...
Fucking hell, if we won a cup final with the strokes of luck they had, we'd be perfectly happy to celebrate but wouldn't pretend as if we didn't get the rub of the green...

In no way are Woolwich a great team nowadays but let's not kid ourselves here: Four FA cup wins since 2014 is success, like it or not. History books will record multiple Woolwich trophies in a period in which we definitely did have a great team but didn't win anything, that is the frustrating reality.

Are we watching the same player? 22 league goals, won them the cup on his own on Sunday. His overall play is limited but as a striker, he is without question world class: absolutely lethal inside the box. Chance, goal. He's getting on and it's quite possible his best days are behind him but in no way is he average.

I am as Spurs as anyone here, a ST holder and hardly an objective source but I have to jump on stuff like this as a fan of football. Trying to undo multiple trophy wins and stuff like Aubameyang is 'bang average' please just stop, it's deluded and embarrassing.

We need to win stuff urgently and soon. It's a shame our great team was not recognised with genuine success. I'm annoyed a legend like Jan has left not having won a single trophy with us.

Back
Top Bottom