Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't understand your stance.....

They're both under contract and being paid handsomely.

Loyalty doesn't mean playing them regardless of their form and/or behaviour.

(Rose pledged in a tantrum a number of years ago to see out his contract no matter what..... Well this is |no matter what"....... He stands to get paid for doing fuck all for the next 7/8 months.... How is this a question of loyalty?)
Nobody held a gun to the clubs head and offered them those deals. Now that they want them both out, it’s clear the clubs have used PR to turn fan opinion against players (Spurs through the documentary, Woolwich when they leaked that Özil refused to take a pay cut) in an attempt to force their hand. It’s very shady.

Same clubs that will be crying about “loyalty” if a player that’s doing well gets headhunted. Can’t have it both ways. It’s the business.

He's been in and out of the team for years due to being a lazy shite..... Even Wenger (who would have had to have gone to bat for him over the new deal) had lost patience with him in the end.
He’s generally lost interest in football since WC 2018. That’s the only thing I laugh at him for really, writing some dissertation about being a German in 2014, and an immigrant in 2018. The guy stupidly thought he was going to get sympathy from the higher ups at the DFB/Aryan Brotherhood

Nobody held a gun to the clubs head and offered them those deals. Now that they want them both out, it’s clear the clubs have used PR to turn fan opinion against players (Spurs through the documentary, Woolwich when they leaked that Özil refused to take a pay cut) in an attempt to force their hand. It’s very shady.

Same clubs that will be crying about “loyalty” if a player that’s doing well gets headhunted. Can’t have it both ways. It’s the business.

My point here isn't to paint football clubs as virtuously superior... As you say (and it works both ways); It's a business...

Again, I simply don't see how it's a matter of loyalty.

As I said, "Loyalty doesn't mean playing them regardless of their form and/or behaviour."

Re: Rose/Doc: 1) He's no stranger to going public of his OWN accord & 2) If he's dumb enough to act up in front of the cameras that's his own silly fault. Again,

My point here isn't to paint football clubs as virtuously superior... As you say (and it works both ways); It's a business...

Again, I simply don't see how it's a matter of loyalty.

As I said, "Loyalty doesn't mean playing them regardless of their form and/or behaviour."

Re: Rose/Doc: 1) He's no stranger to going public of his OWN accord & 2) If he's dumb enough to act up in front of the cameras that's his own silly fault. Again,
That's not what I'm implying. You offered a contract, they accepted. Now you have buyers remorse. Instead of respectfully approaching them to negotiate a exit strategy, you try and smear their character to the fanbase and make them seem like a huge problem to the other players. That in my opinion is foul behaviour.

Neither Danny Rose nor Mesut Ozil have fundamentally changed in character since 2016, when Rose was in peak form (and being called the biggest moaner by team-mates), and Ozil was equalling the Prem assist record.

That's not what I'm implying. You offered a contract, they accepted. Now you have buyers remorse. Instead of respectfully approaching them to negotiate a exit strategy, you try and smear their character to the fanbase and make them seem like a huge problem to the other players. That in my opinion is foul behaviour.

Who's to say they haven't tried to negotiate an exit strategy?

We certainly have in the case of Rose...... Both in terms of sales and loans.

Neither Danny Rose nor Mesut Ozil have fundamentally changed in character since 2016, when Rose was in peak form (and being called the biggest moaner by team-mates), and Ozil was equalling the Prem assist record.

I can't comment in terms of Ozil's personality as I've never paid attention to him in that respect.

(I shan't agree nor deny it to be the case, but you've already suggested it all went to shit for Ozil after he spoke out about China..... I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been considered when offered him a new deal X years prior.)

Rose though.... You're having a laugh!

"Peak Rose" hasn't been seen since he got injured... Since then he's gone rogue in the press on multiple occasions, failed to impress on loan at Newcastle and happily played up to the cameras in the Amazon doc..... We didn't renew his deal on the basis that that's all fine and dandy.

Again, focussing on Rose rather than Ozil (cos ultomately I couldn't give a crap about Woolwich's woes); he's been afforded a clean slate by Poch on more than one occasion.... Again with the arrival of Jose.... Again with Bruce..... And he's not got the job done. Now he finds himself terminally dropped.... That's "business" for ya.

I think a lot of these players underestimate how much this bitterness will stay with them long after their careers are over.

Granted they'll be lying on a yacht in the med thinking about it, but they'll still be lying there regretting throwing away what should've been the most enjoyable years of their career. Instead you chose to be a bitch and nobody talks about you any more because you faded away. Pirlo probably a good example of the right way to do it. Ozil had the talent to follow that path, but he's too much of a cunt.

"Upon signing my new contract in 2018, I pledged my loyalty and allegiance to the club that I love, Woolwich, and it saddens me that this has not been reciprocated."

I love this guy. Stay loyal Mesut. Keep milking them of that £350K. Now that you don't have the stress of potential game days and ungrateful fans not appreciating your sterling efforts you can really improve that Fortnite score and help Gunnersauraus re-train.

......Well; Arteta has just said it's all [leaving Ozil out] his decision and a purely footballing one.

Make of that what you will.

Could you image how Mr Levy would be regards Ozil if true he’s trying to punt Rose and get a paltry £70k of the wage bill he’d be hyperventilating with Mesut

Back
Top Bottom