Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching that club decline over the last decade, with more to come I feel, is really quite a joyful thing to witness. Each manager is weaker than the last and that's the problem you end up in when the quality of your players degrade with each year outside the CL places, and the manager you and attract is of a lower calibre than last time. Arteta was a dumb appointment, done out of desperation really. Who is next to replace him? Who will want to go there? Just lovely. I hope we smash them 10 nil next week and they are forced into making the next bad appointment.

Anyone else just can't enjoy this like normal?

Not sure if it's VAR, the fucked up schedule, total lack of fans at games or whatever, but for like 6 months now I can't emotionally engage with this stuff

Usually these insanely bad runs from rivals, esp United/Woolwich would give me so much joy and pleasure. Now I barely feel anything.

Oh well, at least they'll be shit for another 5 years minimum. Think Arteta's lost the players by how they looked first half. Didn't watch second half but they just seemed to have given up. No fight, no effort. Just shit from top to bottom.

Is Partey expected to be back for the game against us ?

Pretty sure it was confirmed that he will be they're not even going to risk him in the week in the Europa League so he can slot straight back into the side.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Not sure if it's VAR, the fucked up schedule, total lack of fans at games or whatever, but for like 6 months now I can't emotionally engage with this stuff

Usually these insanely bad runs from rivals, esp United/Woolwich would give me so much joy and pleasure. Now I barely feel anything.

Oh well, at least they'll be shit for another 5 years minimum. Think Arteta's lost the players by how they looked first half. Didn't watch second half but they just seemed to have given up. No fight, no effort. Just shit from top to bottom.
Fans, no fans, schedules, VAR, I personally revel in their plight and am loving EVERY fucking minute of it. I enjoy watching these cunts suffer no matter the circumstances

the reason I don't go overboard is I don't want to jinx it, especially just before a NLD.

Pretty sure it was confirmed that he will be they're not even going to risk him in the week in the Europa League so he can slot straight back into the side.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
He's out the NLD. Bonus

"I don’t think he will be with us in the next few games," said the Gunners boss. "We have been missing a lot of players. We have many, many different issues, but I don’t like to use that excuse.

If you can't enjoy being top of the league while Woolwich languish in the bottom half then you need to find another past time.

Watching that club decline over the last decade, with more to come I feel, is really quite a joyful thing to witness. Each manager is weaker than the last and that's the problem you end up in when the quality of your players degrade with each year outside the CL places, and the manager you and attract is of a lower calibre than last time. Arteta was a dumb appointment, done out of desperation really. Who is next to replace him? Who will want to go there? Just lovely. I hope we smash them 10 nil next week and they are forced into making the next bad appointment.
I've got a couple of mates very close to Woolwich, nothing to do with the first team though, but it is by all accounts acknowledged within the Club that they've been a clusterfuck, with many wrong decisions made even when Wenger was in charge that led them down the wrong path. Much of this was to do with the direction they took regarding analytics and data (they bought a couple of companies quite a few years ago). On top of this, the entire recruitment department that used analytics was also wrong. They were unable to identify what the issues were and sacked a number of people that they now acknowledge they shouldn't have. With every decision made taking them further and further away from what they initially set out to achieve.

The feeling within is that Arteta is the right guy to sort this out. And what is currently going on is a "process". I've no idea if he's any good or not, there is no body of work to assess. The big issue now, however, is they are a knee jerk Club, they over market everything, promise too much and as a consequence are always failing. Every signing is met with huge marketing and then fans think they've signed the new Maradona or whoever.

So, if he is any good, it's likely no one will get to find out as they will bottle sticking with him and likely to pander a groundswell of #arttaout.

It's fucking wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom