Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They actually believe the likes of Poch, Rodgers, Nagelsmann and Alegri would be interested in a relegation battle, they would struggle to attract Big Sam or Pulis
Yeah some of the names their fans are putting out there are hilarious. Why would someone like Nagelsmann who went to a CL semi-final last year and is again in the R16 this year possibly join them? He'll have his pick of jobs. Rodgers finished 5th with Leicester and now is in the top 4 again with them.

What their fans don't realize is they want these guys because they are good managers and they are good managers because they are smart. Part of being a good manager is knowing the right move to make. They only have one career and a misstep could seriously tank their career. When you join a club the fit needs to be right, they want a good environment, a good squad and good infrastructure. Woolwich have none of that. They think top quality managers will join them because they're "THE Woolwich" and can take sick pics in Adidas gear to post on their Instagram.

The other real problem they are going to have is attracting young players. Sure they'll still pay competitive wages for young talent (although the longer they are out of Europe the less likely that becomes) but agent and players have got to start looking at how they develop and treat youngsters...

Guendouzi = banished to Germany
Pepe = no game time, no signs of development, replaced by Willian
Saliba = Playing no football, not loaned out, not in the squad

I'm sure the list goes on but you get the point. Why would top young players look at a team that hasn't been in the Champions League in years, has a poor track record at developing players, has no continuity in leadership, and think, sure, that's where I want to spend critical years of my career? If you were a talented young player in France and had equivalent offers from Woolwich, Leicester, Southampton, etc. why on Earth would you pick Woolwich (from a purely football perspective)? That completely ignores the top 5 clubs like us as well.

I don't think they've realized how fucked they are.

You can call me Nostradamus...

I didn't realize they sold Torreira to Atletico as well. Their midfield is going to be a mess again. Imagine if they pick up an injury or two and they could very well finish in the bottom half of the table. I don't think that's hyperbole either.

Looks like they'll be paying his release clause after all.

They've needed to completely deplete their midfield depth to do it though. Let's not forget they are playing Europa as well and will be slammed with fixtures in the near future as well. They won't be able to rotate and keep a quality side out there AND if one of their first XI picks up an injury (which is almost sure to happen with fixture congestion) they are well and truly fucked.

I dont see how they can get out of this. What top manager will go there? The board will probably make bad decisions again when hiring.

The manager wont have alot of money. Theyve got Ozil, Aubameyang and Willian taking up the best part of 50m a year in wages.

Their finances are deterioating each season. Its a rut similar to when we had sugar.

I dont see how they can get out of this. What top manager will go there? The board will probably make bad decisions again when hiring.

The manager wont have alot of money. Theyve got Ozil, Aubameyang and Willian taking up the best part of 50m a year in wages.

Their finances are deterioating each season. Its a rut similar to when we had sugar.

:cunt:

With

:sherwoodwtf:

As his assistant

They are also in denial of their standing in football. Instead of buying 6 or 7 players on the cheap to plug gaps like we did. They spent all their money on Partey. Good player, but they have no defence or midfield. The money would have been better off being spread around.

If there were any good managers who would go there, they wouldn't have got Arteta in the first place.

Saints, Everton and Chelsea next. I'd be fucking amazed if they got more than 3pts out of that lot. Could be right in the shit come the new year. Brilliant.

Honestly, their result last night cheered me up no end after our indifferent one. Absolutely loving their decline.

On reflection, they can get a top manager. But it will cost em 15m a season.

There are more top managers than there are clubs that can afford 15m a season.

But even if they play every single card right between now and then. It still takes 3 years to get close to a title challenge. And it much much more likely they appoint more shit managers and buy more shit players.

Back
Top Bottom