Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No fallout footage from AFTV yesterday?

I imagined there'd be St Fuckwit's Day celebrations and then the phone-throwing when Bale scored.

Funny story. My late grandfather once fell on vacation at the beach and knocked his tooth out on the pavement. My whole family was looking for it but came up empty.

One entire year later, they were back at the beach and recounting the story, as my father pointed down at the ground saying "and this is about where it happened... oh wow, there's the tooth!"

The dentist cleaned the tooth up and made it into an implant, and back in place it went!

tenor.gif

Funny story. My late grandfather once fell on vacation at the beach and knocked his tooth out on the pavement. My whole family was looking for it but came up empty.

One entire year later, they were back at the beach and recounting the story, as my father pointed down at the ground saying "and this is about where it happened... oh wow, there's the tooth!"

The dentist cleaned the tooth up and made it into an implant, and back in place it went!
I bet what really happened was he found the tooth in his pocket and was too embarrassed to say anything, then engineered going back there with his trousers rigged 'Great Escape' style, pulled the loose thread in his pocket, out falls the tooth. "Look everyone, here's my missing tooth. Fancy that. "

Other than the fact that entire tweet is laughable, how fans think that players care about "history" of a club they have no connection to is equally as laughable.
I think it's something they can reflect on once they've finished their career i.e to be part of the history. Also keeps the money coming in well into retirement for the use of their image and match day lounge appearances etc.

What makes me laugh is you saw them going

"LOL even in one of our worst seasons it looks like we'll finish above Spurs"

Yet we had a season so bad we actually sacked our manager and still finished above them.

I think it's something they can reflect on once they've finished their career i.e to be part of the history. Also keeps the money coming in well into retirement for the use of their image and match day lounge appearances etc.
If you were a player and PSV Eindhoven wanted to sign you, your decision won’t be based on if their history is better or worse than any other team in that league.

Back
Top Bottom