Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like Everton are going to have to turn up on Sunday against this lot if they want to stay up.

2-0 down against Palace.

Everton really are a shower of shite but you’ve got to imagine they’ll be playing their hearts out on Sunday if they genuinely look like they could go down. Not good for Woolwich.
They had to turn up last two games - unfortunately they are just shite :D

Burying news the HighBURY way.....

XHxTKJ.md.png

"BUY MORE KITZZZ" :angryscouser:

Imagine Levy pulling a stunt like that, barely 2 days after a result like THAT? There would be riots!!

Honestly, that kit is truly awful... WAAAAYYY too much going on... They're trying to be clever/busy/current/retro all at once... and it fails on every level.

Much as I hate to say it, ArseAnal kit in the '70s-early '80s really DID have a classic simple, instantly recognisable look to it.

This is just a photoshopped mess.... GOOD!

I was on SC when Kane was breaking through and we had more than a few on there claiming he'd never amount to more than a Championship level striker.

I remember saying at the time that I saw a lot of Sheringham in his game, his knack for finding pockets of space, but in particular his intelligence and vision.

Needless to say, the naysayers went into one at that.

This is one of the primary reasons why so many opinionated internet wannabes need to bite their tongues about certain young players. You know them, the clowns bagging Kulusevski, the ones writing off Sessegnon and Reguilon, the cretins saying we shouldn't take up the option to buy Romero, or that Bentancur is rubbish.

There's no middle ground for these people, no recognition of age, developmental stage or just straight out fluctuation of form.

In other words, dickheads 😜
Great post - sadly true

What a bunch of bellends.
I’ve had a shitload of beer tonight (unlike me) and dropped my guard whilst watching the europa with my West Ham neighbour - he’s actually ok (ish) and there was no way the missus was being dragged out to watch a non spurs game. Forgive me.
Load of gooners in the pub.
I hope I haven’t jinxed it but i couldn’t resist tbh
I have been all like
:mourpointlaugh: :mourpointlaugh:
Stopped reading at "West Ham Fan" actually OK.
#Boltonspurneedshelpcoys

I was on SC when Kane was breaking through and we had more than a few on there claiming he'd never amount to more than a Championship level striker.

I remember saying at the time that I saw a lot of Sheringham in his game, his knack for finding pockets of space, but in particular his intelligence and vision.

Needless to say, the naysayers went into one at that.

This is one of the primary reasons why so many opinionated internet wannabes need to bite their tongues about certain young players. You know them, the clowns bagging Kulusevski, the ones writing off Sessegnon and Reguilon, the cretins saying we shouldn't take up the option to buy Romero, or that Bentancur is rubbish.

There's no middle ground for these people, no recognition of age, developmental stage or just straight out fluctuation of form.

In other words, dickheads 😜

To be honest in Kane's early, pre scoring against Sunderland appearances - there was nothing that made me think he would reach the levels he has. Looked sluggish with his movement and didn't take chances, think he even missed a pen in the Europa League.

Also thought we could see proper Spurs careers for Fredericks, Carroll, Smith, Archibald-Henville, Carter-Vickers, Georgiou, Taarabt, Edwards, El Hamdaoui, Walker-Peters, Dixon, Cirkin, Bostock, Dervite, Blondel, Veljkovic, Routledge, Townsend, Caulker, Pritchard, Livermore to name a bunch - and would win multiple FA Cups fielding entirely academy produced or English 11's.

Basically there have been a lot of academy players I genuinely thought could become something for us, ultimately being proved wrong. Just because I didn't think Kane would become an elite striker and you did doesn't make me a dickhead or incapable of recognising a 'middle ground'.
And for you to say you saw shades of Sheringham in Kane's game doesn't make you elite in recognising young talent or in a position to criticise those that didn't.

I would say Kane is great example of a player that may not necessarily be blessed as the most naturally gifted footballer, but through extremely hard work and dedication has been able to keep reaching new levels - an exceptional example to so many kids.
Some of the names I mentioned are the complete opposite - where they have bags of unreal natural talent but never hit the levels they could have (to date), which I could only guess is largely related to application.

But it sounds like you are essentially saying that if communicating online about young Tottenham players - it should ONLY be positively or you are either an 'opinionated internet wannabe', a clown, a cretin, or a dickhead - then talk about not being able to recognise a "middle ground".

I just see an internet wannabe world class scout.

Woolwich fan trying to make it look as if Spurs are on the brink of a crisis .... while Woolwich is on the brink of "success" and blah blah blah

Tottenham are on the brink of crisis

Tottenham are on the brink of crisis​

Do not let whatever happens over the next 5 days confuse you. Tottenham Hotspur are very much a team on the brink of crisis.
Even if they finish 4th, and Woolwich 5th, the pendulum has swung back to the red side of North London (it never really swung away in reality).
Whilst top 4 was not Woolwich’s everything this season, Spurs have shown in recent weeks just how important it was to them. And that is because the club and their fans know they are on the brink of collapse.
Woolwich are a team that are building something special.
The youngest squad in the league, the youngest manager, and a senior leadership team focused on building something very special.
Meanwhile, at Tottenham, a top 4 finish will be papering over some ever widening cracks.
So what are the issues Tottenham face?
Conte Complains
I had to laugh last week when the media went hard against Mikel Arteta questioning the refereeing decisions after the North London Derby.
They tried to paint Arteta as someone that always complains when things do go well. The reality is it is Conte who has non-stop complained since he has been in Edmonton.
Conte has continually threatened to quit in post-match interviews after every Tottenham failure to win.
You feel Conte already has one foot out the door and is just waiting for the next job offer to come.
Conte will jump the sinking ship at the first opportunity next season.
Ageing Squad
This is a Tottenham squad at the peak of its powers.
By the time we kick off for the new season, Son will be 30 and Harry Kane 29.
Whilst they both have a few seasons left in the tank, they perhaps have no more than 2 or 3 seasons left playing at this high level.
Hugo Lloris, at 35-years-old, is also very much in the last knockings of his career.Do
Too long Spurs have relied on the same three men. Without them they are mid-table.
Tottenham will need to replace all 3 over the next few years, but with a new stadium to pay for it is unlikely they will be able to afford to replace them with similar quality.
This Tottenham squad have peaked.
No Money
Covid hit Tottenham more than most due to the cost of repaying their stadium. This resulted in them looking at alternative ways to finance transfer deals.
In Dejan Kulusevski and Cristian Romero they secured two very good, young players. But both came in on loan with obligations / options to buy.
With both, they basically “kicked the debt down the road.
This summer they will have to spend around €50million to secure the services of Romero on a permanent basis.
They will also have to pay €30million if they choose to make the Kulusevski deal permanent (rising to €40m if they choose to wait another 12 months).
Taking into account their financial struggles, to pay out upwards of €80million over the next 12 months to secure two players currently at the club is huge.
After they have paid for these two players, the probably won’t have much left to further improve their squad.
Unless they sell big (Harry Kane, Son), they will probably have to continue to try on loan deals to strengthen the squad.
And all that does is kick more debt down the road which will give them even less money to finance replacements for their ageing stars.
No Trophies
Tottenham fans are only deluding themselves when they talk about how they do not care about not winning a trophy for 14 years.
This is just a defensive mechanism, a barrier put up by their fans to hide the hurt.
The reality is they have had the best squad of players for decades and are still trophyless.
You see those on social media talking about Son and Kane being the best attacking duo the Premier League has ever seen. Yet they have won 0 trophies out of a possible 28.
For clubs like Woolwich and Chelsea, the primary goal is to win trophies. For Tottenham it seems the sole goal is to finish above The Woolwich.
No trophies, no funds for transfers, ageing stars and a manager who wants out.
Spurs are on brink of a crisis.

Looks like Everton are going to have to turn up on Sunday against this lot if they want to stay up.

2-0 down against Palace.

Everton really are a shower of shite but you’ve got to imagine they’ll be playing their hearts out on Sunday if they genuinely look like they could go down. Not good for Woolwich.

A draw would have been a good result going into Sunday buoyant about pulling back a 2-goal deficit. Now they're safe, I only hope they use this momentum to put on a show.

Woolwich fan trying to make it look as if Spurs are on the brink of a crisis .... while Woolwich is on the brink of "success" and blah blah blah

Do not let whatever happens over the next 5 days confuse you. Tottenham Hotspur are very much a team on the brink of crisis.
Even if they finish 4th, and Woolwich 5th, the pendulum has swung back to the red side of North London (it never really swung away in reality).
Whilst top 4 was not Woolwich’s everything this season, Spurs have shown in recent weeks just how important it was to them. And that is because the club and their fans know they are on the brink of collapse.
The youngest squad in the league, the youngest manager, and a senior leadership team focused on building something very special.
Meanwhile, at Tottenham, a top 4 finish will be papering over some ever widening cracks.
Conte Complains
I had to laugh last week when the media went hard against Mikel Arteta questioning the refereeing decisions after the North London Derby.
They tried to paint Arteta as someone that always complains when things do go well. The reality is it is Conte who has non-stop complained since he has been in Edmonton.
Conte has continually threatened to quit in post-match interviews after every Tottenham failure to win.
You feel Conte already has one foot out the door and is just waiting for the next job offer to come.
Ageing Squad
Whilst they both have a few seasons left in the tank, they perhaps have no more than 2 or 3 seasons left playing at this high level.
Hugo Lloris, at 35-years-old, is also very much in the last knockings of his career.Do
Too long Spurs have relied on the same three men. Without them they are mid-table.
Tottenham will need to replace all 3 over the next few years, but with a new stadium to pay for it is unlikely they will be able to afford to replace them with similar quality.
No Money
Covid hit Tottenham more than most due to the cost of repaying their stadium. This resulted in them looking at alternative ways to finance transfer deals.
In Dejan Kulusevski and Cristian Romero they secured two very good, young players. But both came in on loan with obligations / options to buy.
This summer they will have to spend around €50million to secure the services of Romero on a permanent basis.
They will also have to pay €30million if they choose to make the Kulusevski deal permanent (rising to €40m if they choose to wait another 12 months).
Taking into account their financial struggles, to pay out upwards of €80million over the next 12 months to secure two players currently at the club is huge.
After they have paid for these two players, the probably won’t have much left to further improve their squad.
Unless they sell big (Harry Kane, Son), they will probably have to continue to try on loan deals to strengthen the squad.
And all that does is kick more debt down the road which will give them even less money to finance replacements for their ageing stars.
No Trophies
Tottenham fans are only deluding themselves when they talk about how they do not care about not winning a trophy for 14 years.
This is just a defensive mechanism, a barrier put up by their fans to hide the hurt.
The reality is they have had the best squad of players for decades and are still trophyless.
You see those on social media talking about Son and Kane being the best attacking duo the Premier League has ever seen. Yet they have won 0 trophies out of a possible 28.
For clubs like Woolwich and Chelsea, the primary goal is to win trophies. For Tottenham it seems the sole goal is to finish above The Woolwich.

KEFVIygQO5gav1lcrVs8cP4jSik8oCfb2ZJ-DL4_Ch3BbSxbS1LokHgosZnEF_qkEzvnwRQgU0EktvqWrCpDC7lpdF0OBSe39cf7bySm8YRFsdtpsfjErhC7-VVNr0Ko-GItPnJs3Q=w2400

For Tottenham it seems the sole goal is to finish above The Woolwich.

Wow! The irony here. The complete lack of self-awareness. :)

Wilshere singing songs about Spurs. Their social admin insisting they never, ever forget North London is red. Naming a day after finishing above a team they claim are small, shit and irrelevant, players gloating on social media after a Spurs loss, the list goes on...

I know we've both got multi-page threads on forums dedicated to belittling each other, but because Spurs have so many clubs wanting rivalries with us, the following is 100% true:

Spurs are more relevant to Woolwich than Woolwich are to Spurs.

Conte Complains
Ageing Squad
No Money
No Trophies
I’ve got some straws he can have

Conte Complains
Ageing Squad
No Money
No Trophies
Anyone recall that episode of the Simpsons really early one where Homer sets out to have a BBQ? The best biggest meatiest BBQ ever in Springfield. Suffice to say it goes horribly wrong. As the suckling pig centerpiece of his BBQ, sails into the air over a river. Homer desperate voice can be heard telling Bart.

"It's still good, it's still good. It's just a little bit airborne."

Not sure why this came to mind 🤔.

Imagine Levy pulling a stunt like that, barely 2 days after a result like THAT? There would be riots!!

Honestly, that kit is truly awful... WAAAAYYY too much going on... They're trying to be clever/busy/current/retro all at once... and it fails on every level.

Much as I hate to say it, ArseAnal kit in the '70s-early '80s really DID have a classic simple, instantly recognisable look to it.

This is just a photoshopped mess.... GOOD!

I used to work with some guy who would spout something along the lines of Woolwich being special because they’re the only team preceded by the definitive article, i.e. “The” Woolwich. The fact that this orignates from them being The Woolwich Woolwich eluded him. Know your history, mugs.

Edit: The Woolwich Woolwich… LOL… you get what I meant

Conte Complains
Ageing Squad
No Money
No Trophies

Reads like a John Thomas post on here

hmmm GIF

Conte Complains
Ageing Squad
No Money
No Trophies

Conte Complains: Yes he does he is a winner who wants better, same as Klopp or Pep.

No Money: oh god this shit! We have moved large amounts of wages off the books like Bale, Dele and Toby, we are probably selling 8-10 players in the summer such as Carter Vickers, Winks, Rodon, Tanganga, Sanchez, Emerson, Regulion, Lucas, Berwijn. We have CL football mostly likely but most of all have an open cash generating stadium. The idea of Conte sticking around and us not getting him the 6-8 players he wants isn't workable. He gets his players or he leaves, Levy and Paratici will know this.

Aging Squad: Kane and Son are nearly 29 and 30 so what 5 years left at least if they stay. 5 years is along time and we are probably getting at least 1 striker in the summer so will need 1 more over the next 5 years.

No thophies: what’s that got to do with the future?

Conte Complains
Ageing Squad
No Money
No Trophies
Thankfully there are a lot of delusional gooners who for some inane reasoning have bought into Legoman's "process" bollox. I just cannot see it any other way that he is an utter fraud who got to put the cones out for Pep.

Tactics? No Plan B

Evidence: they go 1-0 down and just don't recover. Have come back from a goal down ONCE this season to win

Will to win? See above

Man Management? Dreadful

Evidence: frozen out Abamalang who is scoring goals for fun in Spain; frozen out Saliba who is playing really well in France; Guendouzi ditto, playing well in France (although I have to say I would have transfer-listed him for that offensive "hairstyle").

Thankfully there are goons who see "progress". 3 year extension is a joke. Cannot see him still being there for more than another season. My fear is that they go for Potter. Hopefully he'd hold out for a much better team as I think he'd do a good job there.

Back
Top Bottom