Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Funny how
Raphinha is and would be a great buy for them, Jesus is lightweight and was a disappointment, while Viera is totally unproven.

Lightweight and yet you're probably one of those desperate for us to sign Raphina...

Funny how Jesus isn't rated at all because he might sign for Woolwich. No doubt if he was signing or us the general opinion would be that he's an excellent squad player, and a big improvement on Bergwijn.

Funny how

Lightweight and yet you're probably one of those desperate for us to sign Raphina...

Funny how Jesus isn't rated at all because he might sign for Woolwich. No doubt if he was signing or us the general opinion would be that he's an excellent squad player, and a big improvement on Bergwijn.
Yes excellent squad player. Not the cross between prime messi, ronaldo, and benzema that woolwich are crowing about

Funny how

If you want to trawl through my posts I have never rate Jesus, I have watched him many many times, he is an ok striker that’s it, he would be a bench player for us.

As for Raphinha I said he was good, I would take buying him yes.

Yes excellent squad player. Not the cross between prime messi, ronaldo, and benzema that woolwich are crowing about

And not the Brazilian Matej Vydra some Tottenham fans are now trying to make him out to be. Him alone won't change anything for Woolwich but it won't kill some people to say that on the face of it, he's a decent signing for them. Especially for a team not offering Champions League football.

Jesus is a replacement for Lacazette. They played Aubameyang on the wing a lot of the time so you can see Odegaard as his replacement even though they are completely different sort of players.

Aubameyang played many many times for Woolwich as a striker, he can play on the wing as he is multi role attacker, Odegaard is not remotely a cover for Aubameyang, totally different players.

Aubameyang played many many times for Woolwich as a striker, he can play on the wing as he is multi role attacker, Odegaard is not remotely a cover for Aubameyang, totally different players.

Thanks for confirming exactly what I said.

Aubameyang they never replaced. They just let Lacazette go and so Jesus will be his replacement. It's that simple. And a better one at that.

And not the Brazilian Matej Vydra some Tottenham fans are now trying to make him out to be. Him alone won't change anything for Woolwich but it won't kill some people to say that on the face of it, he's a decent signing for them. Especially for a team not offering Champions League football.
Maybe their opinion is, is that he isnt a decent signing. Just as yours is that he is

Maybe their opinion is, is that he isnt a decent signing. Just as yours is that he is

Only because he's signing for Woolwich. It's pathetic. Jesus isn't and will never be a world-beater but he's a 1 in 3 guy and will clearly be a better option than either Lacazette or Nketiah who they were playing last season.

And anyone that thinks a Brazilian International with nearly 60 caps to his name isn't a "decent" signing is a fucking simpleton and shouldn't be allowed an opinion in the first place.

Thanks for confirming exactly what I said.

Aubameyang they never replaced. They just let Lacazette go and so Jesus will be his replacement. It's that simple. And a better one at that.

Well they did overall. Woolwich use to have Lacazette and Abamayang as their main forwards now they have nketiah who has developed from their youth team and Jesus. Neither Jesus or Nketiah are anywhere near Abamayang when he was at his peak so I am not sure why we should be shitting our pants.

Woolwich ‘’win’’ the transfer window every summer and their fans think the title is on. Yet player for player they are less than us and manager for manager they are less than us, not sure why we need to poo our pants particularly considering we just got Bissouma and Perisic.

Well they did overall. Woolwich use to have Lacazette and Abamayang as their main forwards now they have nketiah who has developed from their youth team and Jesus. Neither Jesus or Nketiah are anywhere near Abamayang when he was at his peak so I am not sure why we should be shitting our pants.

Woolwich ‘’win’’ the transfer window every summer and their fans think the title is on. Yet player for player they are less than us and manager for manager they are less than us, not sure why we need to poo our pants particularly considering we just got Bissouma and Perisic.

Woolwich fans are generally deluded. I'm not arguing that and why would I? But Jesus is a solid Premier League player and a good signing for them. He'll score plenty more goals than Lacazette.

And people can't write off Viera just because of their lack of football knowledge because they never heard of him. It might not work out for him there and he'll certainly have to beef up. But we signed Kulusevski based on potential ourselves.

The single transformative signing that Woolwich need is a complete midfielder who can dictate pace, protect the defence and push the ball forward.

Pretty much one option for that, and we signed him…

FVVca9YXoAI7LK--1536x1355.jpeg

Woolwich fans are generally deluded. I'm not arguing that and why would I? But Jesus is a solid Premier League player and a good signing for them. He'll score plenty more goals than Lacazette.

And people can't write off Viera just because of their lack of football knowledge because they never heard of him. It might not work out for him there and he'll certainly have to beef up. But we signed Kulusevski based on potential ourselves.

It’s fair the last part although Kulusevski was doing excellent before he went to Juventus and Juventus had all their managerial issues so it was much less of an unknown.

Jesus is ok, but he is not a player that will elevate them. Woolwich where linked with 3 players this window that I would not like to come off.

Bissouma - we got him thankfully but he would have fixed a lot of their midfield issues.

Serge Gnabry - very good goal scoring midfielder

Raphinha - classy winger although plays in Saka’s position so more depth/competition.

Based on what metric?
Bearing in mind City probably create more clear cut chances in the box than any other premier league team.

These stats (and my eyes watching Jesus play a I think he’s ok but that’s it) don’t tell me he’s a major upgrade.
More of the same if anything. And not as good at finishing.

Games played 159. Goals 58. Assists 29
Shooting accuracy 47%.
Big chances missed 70

Games played 158. Goals 54. Assists 25
Shooting accuracy 46%
Big chances missed 46

Honestly Bissouma is a brilliant signing. Exactly what us and Woolwich needed.

Shows just how important getting CL has been.

Walks into our midfield as well. The way he dominated other teams last season at the base of midfield for Brighton is something we haven’t really had since Dembele, Modric or Carrick. Still can’t believe we got him for £25m, I know he had only 1 year left but he is straight a £70-80m player for us on a 4-5 year deal.

What's wrong with Gabriel Jesus? I've always liked him and would have been very happy if we signed him as he's basically able to play right across the front line and not only would he have likely been a starter on the right side he'd have been able to easily fill in centrally whenever Kane was rested/unavailable.

Problem Woolwich have is they've extended Nketiah who's of a similar profile when they should have been targeting someone different as a 2nd choice striker like Kalajdzic from Stuttgart, that would have greatly improved the potency of their attack and offered a plan B.

Back
Top Bottom