Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the Goons need is a Romero and a Dier basically, but they are blind to it. The hierarchy and their fans want the tiki-taka stuff that Pep's erstwhile protege promised them - thats great, and they do get that some times, but with no substance as Pep's teams in the past didnt really have to defend. Jesus is a good signing. In fact, i expect them to make MORE good signings that look great going forward. The issue they have is the spine of the team is weak, and thats very hard to sell to the fans ("we just bought xxx big centre back who can actually head a ball", or "we just bought xxx brutal tackler") - they just dont sign those kind of players anymore. We didnt for a while... now we are.

What the Goons need is a Romero and a Dier basically, but they are blind to it. The hierarchy and their fans want the tiki-taka stuff that Pep's erstwhile protege promised them - thats great, and they do get that some times, but with no substance as Pep's teams in the past didnt really have to defend. Jesus is a good signing. In fact, i expect them to make MORE good signings that look great going forward. The issue they have is the spine of the team is weak, and thats very hard to sell to the fans ("we just bought xxx big centre back who can actually head a ball", or "we just bought xxx brutal tackler") - they just dont sign those kind of players anymore. We didnt for a while... now we are.
They are my favourite, love seeing a great tackle. We've been blessed over the years with some true greats. In recent times Toby and Jan were two of the best.

They stopped winning titles when they abandoned their spine. Long may it continue.

I was thinking about doing a Portuguese players thread a few weeks back which I didn't get around to but I was going to mention Vieira in it since I figured many people wouldn't be familiar with him but he's a very good player who I like(d) a lot, for some reason I kept hearing that Liverpool were close to signing him for a while so was really surprised he went to Woolwich and more than a little disappointed.
Hmmmm

Fuck are they doing, tho???
Hypnotising their fans, seems to be working too!

He's not a great player, he's OK but he's not going to move the needle for them. What does he bring to change the way they play? Does he hold up the ball and bring others into play = no. Is he a selfish, prolific goal scorer = no. Does he bully oppo CB's = no. Is he a monster in the air = no.

Of the 3 Brazilians being linked with us (and them), he's the last on the list I'd want. Raphinha>Richarldson>Jesus. I enjoy watching Raphinha, who can be a sublime player but I absolutely get the argument others are putting forward by saying Richarldson is a better fit for Conte's Spurs (he probably is, a Diego Costa type of player and bully and a handful). (I still maintain that Lautaro would be our perfect signing, a true Kane replacement in every sense).

Do these signings bring them closer to us? No. It does, however, deepen their squad which was woefully thin and with 5 subs available this new season coming I feel this is where the improvement is comming.

There is a real sense of desperation with them, Smith-Rowe & Saka who are supposed to be their best players are on £40k & £35k pa, what happens to them now, especially if they also sign Raphinha, who I'd guess would be on similar wages and players in Saka's position?

FFP compliant must also be getting close to the bone???

All this while they haven't addressed their midfield or defence. While Arteta can't set-up his team to create that many opportunities.

Hypnotising their fans, seems to be working too!

He's not a great player, he's OK but he's not going to move the needle for them. What does he bring to change the way they play? Does he hold up the ball and bring others into play = no. Is he a selfish, prolific goal scorer = no. Does he bully oppo CB's = no. Is he a monster in the air = no.

Of the 3 Brazilians being linked with us (and them), he's the last on the list I'd want. Raphinha>Richarldson>Jesus. I enjoy watching Raphinha, who can be a sublime player but I absolutely get the argument others are putting forward by saying Richarldson is a better fit for Conte's Spurs (he probably is, a Diego Costa type of player and bully and a handful). (I still maintain that Lautaro would be our perfect signing, a true Kane replacement in every sense).

Do these signings bring them closer to us? No. It does, however, deepen their squad which was woefully thin and with 5 subs available this new season coming I feel this is where the improvement is comming.

There is a real sense of desperation with them, Smith-Rowe & Saka who are supposed to be their best players are on £40k & £35k pa, what happens to them now, especially if they also sign Raphinha, who I'd guess would be on similar wages and players in Saka's position?

FFP compliant must also be getting close to the bone???

All this while they haven't addressed their midfield or defence. While Arteta can't set-up his team to create that many opportunities.
This..

Weirdos.

Not enough laughing at Gooners going on in here lately. Sickens me.

Ooooo they're buying a couple of overpriced Brazilians and a kid from Porto's under 11s!

They're still soft. They'll still crumble under pressure. They'll win two and then lose 4 in a pattern all season.

Let them keep wasting their money and keep regressing.

250k a week for Jesus? When will they learn? Ozil, Auba, Laca, Partey... their high paid players are all shit.
Dragons Den Price GIF by CBC

Not enough laughing at Gooners going on in here lately. Sickens me.

Ooooo they're buying a couple of overpriced Brazilians and a kid from Porto's under 11s!

They're still soft. They'll still crumble under pressure. They'll win two and then lose 4 in a pattern all season.

Let them keep wasting their money and keep regressing.
A lot of praising Woolwich business going on lately to try and appear “unbias”

It’s gross. Woolwich are scum. They could sign Lewandoski and Mbappe and they would still be fucking shit.

You can have a differing opinion all you want. But why would anyone not say that someone with almost 60 caps for Brazil is a more than decent player and signing, other than the obvious?

Lucas has loads of Brazil caps - being selected for Brazil doesn't immediately mean you are a great player. They play shit loads of international matches.

We will see if the tweet is true but from what I have seen from a few sources, the deal is around 250,000 a week. That would be absurd.

Shows how much he doesn’t really want to go there either. They are having to subsidise him massively with cash in order to convince him to sign.

I am not sure where they are getting all this cash from either unless the owners are putting more in.

Back
Top Bottom