Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meh. Jesus is certainly a good player but will have a similar impact to Lacazette, and will probably score less than Aubamayang.
He'll definitely score less than Aubameyang (golden boot) but surely more than Lacazette who was shite (14,13,10,4 goals in his 4 seasons...0.34 gpg). Jesus probably somewhere in between.

If he is their sole goal threat I can see him getting 15 or so a season.

I wonder how much truth there is in Arteta being a main draw for him. Sounds like bullshit tbh, cushy 5 year contract to be a big fish in a small pond. Hopefully he Ozils them

Simple truth is that if goons had Jesus this season, they likely would have pipped us to 4th, you’d have thought. He’s an improvement on what they have which is not good for us, but not a drastic one until they fix their midfield and defence. Saliba might be a big boost.

I think their range next season is 4th-8th, and if I had to bet I’d say 5th again. Mostly because ManU are still inexplicably shite and Newcastle won’t be there yet….probably. Season after that they’re done. 6th-9th will be their standard.

I wouldn't bother. Because he's signing for Woolwich, there are numpties here who insist that Jesus is about as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

I wouldn't bother. Because he's signing for Woolwich, there are numpties here who insist that Jesus is about as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.
Ha, sensitive topic. I think he's alright, but Haaland this year will show what a proper striker can do with service from KDB, Foden, Silva etc. That will make the difference between top tier and quite good very stark.

He'll definitely score less than Aubameyang (golden boot) but surely more than Lacazette who was shite (14,13,10,4 goals in his 4 seasons...0.34 gpg). Jesus probably somewhere in between.

I wonder how much truth there is in Arteta being a main draw for him. Sounds like bullshit tbh, cushy 5 year contract to be a big fish in a small pond. Hopefully he Ozils them
Agreed. He'll do alright probably. But no reason for us to be worried.

Hmm not sure why so many people are coping about Jesus and the scum, I don’t think he’s a very good player, I don’t think he’s better than Aubameyang for example, but he could fit in well in their system. He doesn’t have to score or assist to help the team... If I’m not wrong, most of their goals last season came from the two wingers, so I assume they need a player to create space for them. Whether that man is Jesus or not, that remains to be seen. Of course, the mental masturbation of their braindead fans is utter annoying, but we already know they’re deluded as fuck.

If they also get Lisandro Martinez and Raphinha, they have a pretty good team, but the difference is that this season they have EL to worry about, something that wasn’t the case last season. That unless they decide not to give it priority, which I doubt.

Jesus is 0.38 gpg.

Prefers money, a guarantee of regular football and the comfort of a former-coach ahead of CL football and fighting for a starting role.

That's actually about what I expect from Jesus barring last season's total from Lackothreat.

Jesus has scored double digit league goals once in this last four seasons, playing for the best side in England.

jesus always looked out of his depth when he was with the big boys at city in the big games imo. hes a decent player but hes not top class. hes a europa league forward, so suits the scum.

the Woolwich fans are so desperate in making everything about spurs and clearly still salty. They seem adamant they stole him from us. We are generally linked with everyone but i don't remember seeing anything about him. If there was a conversation and we made it clear he would not be a guaranteed starter, but at Woolwich, he's the highest paid and best player there. He's not gone there for a crap wage so this is another auba, ozil, lacazette all over again. definitely glad he's not at spurs.

Back
Top Bottom