Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let 'em get gassed up about this game. lol

That result was all about Tuchel.

Team looked unfit and thoroughly unprepared, and on top of that he sent them out in a janky shape, for them (+not their strongest 11).

Scum have one trick - they try and blitz you from the whistle and crank up their dynamo and 'energy-bully' you off the park and nab goals.

You have to match them for the first 10/15mins and get into them and they start to immediately lose belief and start to wither.

It's not difficult.

Farteta is a total hype man.

One trick Mik.

Jesus is the real deal, tho.

☝️

Suprised viera hadn't sussed it.

Kicked his guys into gear too late.

Palace were terrible but I thought they’d get something from the game. The scum have an easy run now let’s hope they don’t build too much confidence and slip up somewhere.

We just need to keep winning though and if we do that we won’t need to worry about them.

Good result for the gooners, but looked like the same team to me. On another day, Palace would have got a point at least.

Jesus will be the Brazilian Shane Long, you watch!
Jesus was head and shoulders above the rest of the gooners. He will be decent for them.

The problem is that his main contribution is linking up play, pressing, but they need people to finish chances.

Bit of both in my opinion. Woolwich were very decent the first half hour at best. After the 30 min mark, Palace had them pinned back but Palace were never particularly dangerous with the possession they had.

If they think that was a "dominant" performance then they will be fighting for 5th.
Yeah, Palace's lack of attacking quality really stood out. Zaha and Eze had many chances to shoot which they wasted.

They always looked to take an extra touch and dribble instead of just doing what's right.

Yeah, Palace's lack of attacking quality really stood out. Zaha and Eze had many chances to shoot which they wasted.

They always looked to take an extra touch and dribble instead of just doing what's right.
Yep, although it looks like their fans are already sure this squad is truly the 03-04 Woolwich reincarnate. They really should be bagging as many points as they can before EL games begin because that bench looked very suspect.

Not impressed with Palace tonight.
Me neither, but still could have held it to a draw.

To me it looked a very even game, and woolwich having peaked in pre-season will hopefully only go down from here. Especially once the "alleged" rapist goes missing.
Zinchenko looked very suspicious at LB without the protection of having the ball 90% of the time in a City side, I guess Tierney will help with that when he's back.

Saliba, to be fair seems a massive talent.

As for Jesus he will help them in their overall play, but he has some of the worst finishing I've seen from a purported striker. The statistics don't lie either, he has something like 0.75-0.80 goals from every 1 expected.
Compare that to Sonny and Kane who has 1.4 and 1.2 respectively.

I don't think they will be much to worry about come February.

Me neither, but still could have held it to a draw.

To me it looked a very even game, and woolwich having peaked in pre-season will hopefully only go down from here. Especially once the "alleged" rapist goes missing.
Zinchenko looked very suspicious at LB without the protection of having the ball 90% of the time in a City side, I guess Tierney will help with that when he's back.

Saliba, to be fair seems a massive talent.

As for Jesus he will help them in their overall play, but he has some of the worst finishing I've seen from a purported striker. The statistics don't lie either, he has something like 0.75-0.80 goals from every 1 expected.
Compare that to Sonny and Kane who has 1.4 and 1.2 respectively.

I don't think they will be much to worry about come February.

If we go by their fixtures and ours we will probably be below them in the league before the World Cup but as fans we just need to be patient and keep our heads (thousands won’t obviously). But if we aren’t then they will have had a bad start and us a great one given the fixtures.

I am really wary about concentrating on just them though. I think that’s a mistake. We should be trying to match the teams that finished above us results and not teams that finished below us. That’s what Conte and the players will be doing. Trying to win every game to chase down the top sides.

Back
Top Bottom