Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On Ep4...

More doodling of nothingness

More incoherent team talks

Though, fair play for the Auba stuff. If it looks and sounds like a bellend, it's probably a bellend. Quite an interesting back drop into discplinary issues with club lawyers, technical directors et al. You can't have your highest paid player and club captain skiving and not setting the example.

I never want to say 'Guys' ever again. Brenteta Completely ruined that word for all of us

Ben White is always one bad game away from nailing a Love Island contract

Deeeefinitely a Mikel Arteta puff piece. Ep4 is a bit of a love in. Quote from TearKnee "I've never seen football this way before"

More delusion from AM

They're talking about Rice on the transfer thread

"Why we talking about him. isn't he a Chavs fan?"
"Todd making a ricket there, we're back in the frame with him"

Honestly, jaw-dropping stuff

The funny thing is that they can dress it up all they like, the fact is the Goons bottled it last season, and everyone knows it.

They were exactly the type of "Spursy" they always accuse us of being.
This.

Think someone said it could be due to time constraints for not showing the covid fiasco on AorN. Don’t believe that to be the case as this series doesn’t have to compete with TV schedules; as it would if being shown on terrestrial or mainstream channels. It is streamed from Amazon Prime so could be two, five, ten episodes to the series, it simply wouldn’t matter. Amazon know that if they portray woolwich to be the shit show they actually are, then they’d have trouble getting clubs to sign up for future series.

Can see the final episode panning out already “So the youngest squad in the Premier League achieved its aim of qualifying for a European competition.” Fade to black screen and roll credits. Sanitised bullshit. Then all the goon twats clog up the internet after being convinced that they are back and that they must continue to trust the process.

The funny thing is that they can dress it up all they like, the fact is the Goons bottled it last season, and everyone knows it.

Everyone ELSE knows it.

We're seeing mass-delusion in action though. A lot of those idiots have managed to convince themselves that finishing 5th is actually better and that us playing in the CL is a poisoned chalice.

The standards over there are so much lower these days compared to the last years of Wenger. They were angry at him for not winning the league, now they finish 5th and there are so many posts from people talking about how they're falling in love with the club again.

In a way, it turned out better for us. We turned that anger and frustration into the best atmosphere we've ever experienced at the stadium and they folded like a pack of cards. The timing in the end was more advantageous for us, Karma baby:)

All of nuffin:

So, they portray some big suspense around them getting a win against Leeds in the face of mass Covid testing (result: no high profile cases for them!)..... Funnily enough they didn't mention that Leeds had something crazy like 7 academy players and debutants in the team tho'. Cue lots of backslapping about the best performance so far when the reality is they basically bullied about a bunch of rookies.

(Those circumstances absolutely stank at the time..... Even more-so given the NLD bottle-job they pulled a few weeks later.)

Last edited:

They will have to allude to the postponement when they eventually show us crushing them and then Newcastle rubbing it in, but I dare say they'll lie about the reason for it.

Probably won't bother watching it until we get to that bit. But then......

giphy.gif

All of nufffin:

So, they portray some big suspense around them getting a win against Leeds in the face of mass Covid testing (result: no high profile cases for them!)..... Funnily enough they didn't mention that Leeds had something crazy like 7 academy players and debutants in the team tho'. Cue lots of backslapping about the best performance so far when the reality is they basically slapped about a bunch of rookies.

(Those circumstances absolutely stank at the time..... Even moreso given the NLD bottle-job they pulled a few weeks later.)
Maybe I'm biased but the Leeds game wasn't an outlier, there have been so many games where the opposition were compromised before the game. Whether by injury or covid or just rolled over for them -- like the infamous United, Spam, chavs run at end of the season... 3-1 against us under Nuno. Their real form was worth less than the 69 points they got.

This.

Think someone said it could be due to time constraints for not showing the covid fiasco on AorN. Don’t believe that to be the case as this series doesn’t have to compete with TV schedules; as it would if being shown on terrestrial or mainstream channels. It is streamed from Amazon Prime so could be two, five, ten episodes to the series, it simply wouldn’t matter. Amazon know that if they portray woolwich to be the shit show they actually are, then they’d have trouble getting clubs to sign up for future series.

Can see the final episode panning out already “So the youngest squad in the Premier League achieved its aim of qualifying for a European competition.” Fade to black screen and roll credits. Sanitised bullshit. Then all the goon twats clog up the internet after being convinced that they are back and that they must continue to trust the process.

Have this article locked and loaded and ready to trend if they do that, of which I'm 100% sure they will (already have), the narrative at the end of the season has been very much that):

https://www.skysports.com/football/...n-winning-champions-league-is-Woolwich-target

Willian says a key factor in his decision to join Woolwich was head coach Mikel Arteta's plan to win the Champions League in the next three years.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun, the Brazilian winger confirmed the target for himself and his new club - whom he joined on a free transfer after leaving Chelsea - is to reach the pinnacle of European football.

Arteta led Woolwich to an FA Cup triumph last season but the club finished eighth in the Premier League, 10 points off the Champions League qualification places.

• Juventus interested in Lacazette
  • Lille transfer chief Q&A: Pepe, Gabriel, Morelos
  • Woolwich complete Willian signing
Willian, however, has belief in his new boss that European football will not only return to the Emirates Stadium, but that the team will be successful in it.

"One of the reasons I wanted a three-year deal was to be part of a plan, not just a player passing through," he said.

"When I talked with the manager he told me why he needed me for three years.

"It was that he first wanted to qualify for the Champions League and win it by the time I left. That was what I wanted to hear.

Heads-up.... Nothing worth bothering with in the 3 new episodes of the Amazon thing.

Just lots of Lego-man mumbling, saying "guys" and doing shit swearing.

PEA situ is vaguely interesting; but nothing banter-worthy.

All of nuffin:

So, they portray some big suspense around them getting a win against Leeds in the face of mass Covid testing (result: no high profile cases for them!)..... Funnily enough they didn't mention that Leeds had something crazy like 7 academy players and debutants in the team tho'. Cue lots of backslapping about the best performance so far when the reality is they basically slapped about a bunch of rookies.

(Those circumstances absolutely stank at the time..... Even moreso given the NLD bottle-job they pulled a few weeks later.)

I was thinking the exact same thing watching the bit about Leeds and not mentioning them weakened.

I am surprised more hasn’t been made of him talking about the training session where he wasnt there but saw that after 15 minutes he would have sent 4 of them off to the changing rooms but he didn’t say who. It was reminiscent of the Rodgers 3 envelopes episode.

Back
Top Bottom