Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There will be alot of boasting from Woolwich fans come September, I expect them to be top of the league with a big goal difference

Bournemouth next, then home to Fulham, then finish home to villa.
Fixture list has been massively kind this season for them

There will be alot of boasting from Woolwich fans come September, I expect them to be top of the league with a big goal difference

Hopefully Villa will kick the shit out of them

I said this the other week. Ours is really hard in comparison and we will likely be behind them come the World Cup. If we aren’t they’ve fucked it or we’ve done amazingly well.

Just ignore their fans. It will be sweeter when we go past them second half of the season.

A lot of you are looking like mugs for not recognising what good signings Jesus and Zinchenko were. Woolwich are clearly a stronger team this season and bought well.

Still finish 5th though :D
I got huge pushback for saying Jesus is an upgrade on Lacazette and that Woolwich are on an upward curve.

We criticise their fans for not showing us enough respect for how our squad is actually pretty decent whilst we do the same to theirs. Looking without your Spurs goggles on, you can see they've hugely improved.

But so have we, moreso. So I'm not worried.

I got huge pushback for saying Jesus is an upgrade on Lacazette and that Woolwich are on an upward curve.

We criticise their fans for not showing us enough respect for how our squad is actually pretty decent whilst we do the same to theirs. Looking without your Spurs goggles on, you can see they've hugely improved.

We'll see once they face a stiffer challenge than a poor Palace & Lester.

Nail on head.

The narrative has already changed from us from the ''there's no way they've improved'' responses I was getting last week to the now '' let's wait and see''.

Or are you just using the excessive words of one or two to portray a consensus?

I've seen a lot of this today, but the truth is the majority narrative was that Jesus is of course an ugrade over Nketiah. What people were resistant to was the suggestion that they'd (as a team) be "much/massively better"; which is fair enough and hasn't been dis-proven just cos he looked good against a wet Lester today.

If you (or others) take =

Last year's scum with no Europe
+ Jesus & Zinchenko
+ EL & Thursday night football
+ a crazily condensed season due to WC

.....and think they'll get top 4 then fair fucks; let's revisit that at the business end of the season.

Last edited:

I've seen a lot of this today, but the truth is the majority narrative was that Jesus is of course an ugrade over Nketiah. What people were resistant to was the suggestion that they'd (as a team) be "much/massively better"; which is fair enough and hasn't been dis-proven just cos he looked good against a wet Lester today.

If you (or others) take:

+ Jesus & Zinchenko

.....and think they'll get top 4 then fair fucks; let's revisit that at the business end of the season.
You’re a good poster but this is rubbish and you know it.

You said to me Zinchenko would be a squad player for them… an « odd job » man who won’t get into their starting 11.

I had people telling me Jesus wouldn’t get to 15 goals.

There was a lot of downplaying Arsenals improvements from you and others.

I don’t know anyone who’s said they’ll finish top 4 though so that can be binned before you « remember » it.

Not at all... And here's why.

You said to me Zinchenko would be a squad player for them

Not entirely untrue is it.

Back up LB and yet to get any minutes in his prime position CM....

… an « odd job » man who won’t get into their starting 11.

Their perceived best XI?

Conceding that Xhaka has a freaky hold on his positon depsite being shit; I stand by that.

In the league?

So? He might not. As per my post..... Wait and see rather than doing a lap of 'told you so' honour after the first game he scores in.

You're blowing your load way too early.

I stand by what I originally said (*) which is:

Jesus is better than what they had.
Zinchenko is a utility player
Ultimately they won't be a vastly improved team this year.

(*Much like I stand by the post you've just called "rubbish".)

I don’t know anyone who’s said they’ll finish top 4 though so that can be binned before you « remember » it.

It's a rhetorical question in the form of a statement (note the use of the word IF!)......

Reason I 'ask' it is because to me a significant improvement for them will be getting top4...... Rather than being 5th again ahead of a shit Man U.

I've already had this convo with Deuterz Deuterz today...... How else do you propose we measure them being "much better".

...But yeh, we're 2 matches in. Chill, ffs.

Last edited:

If you (or others) take:

+ Jesus & Zinchenko

If you read from page 2132, you'll see the discussions had.

If you read from page 2132, you'll see the discussions had.

LOL... Do I have to....?

If there's something you want me to take note of then it would be better if you just quote it........ Otherwise one will only likely stand accused of not reading the right bits.

Not at all... And here's why.

Not entirely untrue is it.

Back up LB and yet to get any minutes in his prime position CM....

Their perceived best XI?

Conceding that Xhaka has a freaky hold on his positon depsite being shit; I stand by that.

In the league?

So? He might not. As per my post..... Wait and see rather than doing a lap of 'told you so' honour after the first game he scores in.

You're blowing your load way too early.

I stand by what I originally said (*) which is:

Jesus is better than what they had.
Zinchenko is a utility player
Ultimately they won't be a vastly improved team this year.

(*Much like I stand by the post you've just called "rubbish".)

It's a rhetorical question in the form of a statement (note the use of the word IF!)......

Reason I 'ask' it is because to me a significant improvement for them will be getting top4...... Rather than being 5th again ahead of a shit Man U.

I've already had this convo with Deuterz Deuterz today...... How else do you propose we measure them being "much better".

...But yeh, we're 2 matches in. Chill, ffs.
By watching them play? By how many points they get? Those could be two good measures.

There’s a lot of hand waving here but Zinchenko has gone straight into their starting XI and played well. Of course it’s early days but it’s looking like you were too strong in your dismissal of him.

By watching them play?

At the end of the season, if all they achieve is to "look better" in getting 5th then your premature back-slapping won't be vindicated.

By how many points they get? Those could be two good measures.

Which would contribute to their final position in the table would it not?

"Better" is a pretty fluffy concept if it doesn't amount to anything of tangible value.

There’s a lot of hand waving here but Zinchenko has gone straight into their starting XI and played well. Of course it’s early days but it’s looking like you were too strong in your dismissal of him.

Not really sure what you mean by "hand waving", but if anything you seem FAR too eager to gas the goons up (whatever your motivation is)........

If all his season amounts to is being rotated with Tierney then your take here is not vindicated.

Even if at the end of the season, Jesus has 15 EPL goals and Zinchenko gets a lot of EPL starts; so long as they're still in our rear mirror i couldn't care less.

You said to me Zinchenko would be a squad player for them… an « odd job » man who won’t get into their starting 11.

Let's see how they do when they have 2 games a week to play. They have a thin squad a couple of injuries will screw them

Back
Top Bottom