Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I went round to my old boss's house today for a barbecue. Although he is a Spurs supporter, he lives in the wrong part of North London and I had to run the gauntlet of seeing loads of their fans on the way.
I had my Spurs backpack and I really wanted someone to make a remark, as I had my retorts ready:
"Enjoy your Thursday night football"
"Rapists FC"
"Flip off back to Woolwich, North London is ours "

I went round to my old boss's house today for a barbecue. Although he is a Spurs supporter, he lives in the wrong part of North London and I had to run the gauntlet of seeing loads of their fans on the way.
I had my Spurs backpack and I really wanted someone to make a remark, as I had my retorts ready:
"Rapists FC"

angry-dont-make-me-angry.gif

Damn right! :adestare:

"Rapists FC"
love that. Poshest C.. off.

Fingers crossed, but it's more about mentality. This easy start will give them confidence.

I think it's fragile. Let's see them go behind in a game. Or let's see a player make an error that costs them points and how Lego head handles it. Same for their fans, it won't take much of a setback and all the confidence evaporates.

I don't think they are much different. Jesus is better than lacazette and they have better depth at left back. But now they will have Europa League to deal with. They have nothing elite in any area of the pitch or in their coaching.

I think it's fragile. Let's see them go behind in a game. Or let's see a player make an error that costs them points and how Lego head handles it. Same for their fans, it won't take much of a setback and all the confidence evaporates.

I don't think they are much different. Jesus is better than lacazette and they have better depth at left back. But now they will have Europa League to deal with. They have nothing elite in any area of the pitch or in their coaching.

They haven't played anyone of note yet. Xhaka, Partey and Saliba are overrated. Saka, Martinelli, and Odegaard are ok.

If anything Leiceisters defense and GK looked absolutely piss-poor.

They haven't played anyone of note yet. Xhaka, Partey and Saliba are overrated. Saka, Martinelli, and Odegaard are ok.

If anything Leiceisters defense and GK looked absolutely piss-poor.

If palace had defended that corner properly and finished a couple of easy chances they lose that first game. The only concern I have with them is building confidence because they have a lot of easy fixtures. Shame the palace game didnt come a few more matches in as they didn’t get a proper preseason.

It’s just “the process” taking its course. Get a little run going, then the wheels come off, and “Arteta Out” starts up again.

I’d be interested to hear that mug Lee Gooner’s take on it all, although I expect he is in hiding with the whole AoN thing.

I'm really not going to enjoy these first 7 games of theirs.

Bournemouth, Fulham, Villa, the joke that is Man U and Brentford before they finally come up against us at the Library.

There's every chance they could be on 21 points

In that time we'll have played Chelsea away, Man City away and West Ham.

I just can't stand the thought of the inevitable "Are Woolwich the Real Deal" and "Is there a power shift in North London"

Just on the basis of a piss easy first 7 games for them.

"Rapists FC"
I was around kings cross yesterday an there were loads of em about , obviously. Now either the mullet is making a triumphant return or they really do have bad haircuts. I saw at least 4people with the aforementioned atrocity. Was on the tube with loads as well. Why do they get really loud when they get to Gillespie road station?! They are at home(or what they like to think is their home),they don't need to announce their arrival.
Strange bunch.

I'm really not going to enjoy these first 7 games of theirs.

Bournemouth, Fulham, Villa, the joke that is Man U and Brentford before they finally come up against us at the Library.

There's every chance they could be on 21 points

In that time we'll have played Chelsea away, Man City away and West Ham.

I just can't stand the thought of the inevitable "Are Woolwich the Real Deal" and "Is there a power shift in North London"

Just on the basis of a piss easy first 7 games for them.
Fulham and Villa will rough them up a bit, and the European footy will have kicked in too. Plus the League Cup. You'd also expect a response from United, who may well have a new manager in time. 😂

They'll most likely be above us in the league though.

Fulham and Villa will rough them up a bit, and the European footy will have kicked in too. Plus the League Cup. You'd also expect a response from United, who may well have a new manager in time. 😂

They'll most likely be above us in the league though.
If they're not above us in the League by the time we play them at the library, then either they'll have cocked up spectacularly these first 7 games, or we'll be on Title winning form.

If palace had defended that corner properly and finished a couple of easy chances they lose that first game. The only concern I have with them is building confidence because they have a lot of easy fixtures. Shame the palace game didnt come a few more matches in as they didn’t get a proper preseason.
I agree, Palace aren't a bad side, they just looked undercooked in the first game. They got stronger as the game went on. Leicester are just a bit all over the place at the moment, I think when the window is closed they'll settle down.

The gooners have had a good start, but I don't think they are a much different side to last season. They had good runs of results last season and still fell short, and that was with no Europe or cup runs.

Back
Top Bottom