Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mikel Arteta calls north London derby ‘a f***ing joke’ as Rob Holding criticises team-mates after red card

Mikel Arteta described Woolwich’s north London derby defeat to Spurs as ‘a f***ing joke’ in scenes captured in the final episode of All or Nothing, with the Spaniard fuming with the officiating in the match.

A win back in May at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium would have seen the Gunners secure Champions League football, but they ended up losing back-to-back matches against Spurs and Newcastle to throw away fourth place.

Tottenham’s 3-0 win was a contentious and fiery affair with Woolwich unhappy with the perceived softness of a penalty awarded early on in the match, before Rob Holding was sent off for two yellow card offences.

All or Nothing captures the defender’s reaction in the dressing room afterwards, with Holding’s ire not so much on the decision but, rather, his team-mates for constantly leaving him one-v-one against Heung-min Son.

‘It’s just shite like,’ moaned the defender to one of Woolwich’s coaching staff. ‘I should have never been one-v-one [against Son] in the first place! All the time, one-v-one.’

Arteta gave a curt and evasive interview after the defeat to Spurs, refusing to address the decisions he clearly had issues with and telling Sky Sports: ‘If I say what I think, I’d be suspended for six months. So I cannot say.’

But he was altogether more vocal in the dressing room with his players, slamming the refereeing performance he had witnessed and even ordering a social media blackout.

‘Okay, this game is history. We don’t talk about this game no more. It’s gone. No social media, no s**t in the media, don’t give them absolutely nothing,’ said the Spaniard to his dejected players.

‘We cannot do anything about it, it’s gone. You know how we lost it. We have to move on. Now, in this moment, we have to start to beat Newcastle now.

‘This is gone, we cannot change it. Guys, we learn from it. I will complain everything that I can to try to defend our club because it was a f***ing joke what happened out there. But, after that, it’s still in our hands.’

Later in the episode, Arteta again referenced the external forces he felt were at work in the north London derby, saying: ‘I really wanted to go there and play the game the way we wanted to play it, and we weren’t allowed to do so.’

Although Woolwich missed out on Champions League football, they made some stellar signings over the summer – with Gabriel Jesus, Oleksandr Zinchenko and Fabio Vieira all arriving – and have started the new campaign with maximum points.

The final two episodes of All or Nothing: Woolwich will be available to stream on Amazon Prime Video on Thursday 18th August

Sounds like they show our game and the newcastle one in all their glory. Let’s hope it brings back bad memories for their players before the weekends game.

Mikel Arteta calls north London derby ‘a f***ing joke’ as Rob Holding criticises team-mates after red card

Mikel Arteta described Woolwich’s north London derby defeat to Spurs as ‘a f***ing joke’ in scenes captured in the final episode of All or Nothing, with the Spaniard fuming with the officiating in the match.

A win back in May at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium would have seen the Gunners secure Champions League football, but they ended up losing back-to-back matches against Spurs and Newcastle to throw away fourth place.

Tottenham’s 3-0 win was a contentious and fiery affair with Woolwich unhappy with the perceived softness of a penalty awarded early on in the match, before Rob Holding was sent off for two yellow card offences.

All or Nothing captures the defender’s reaction in the dressing room afterwards, with Holding’s ire not so much on the decision but, rather, his team-mates for constantly leaving him one-v-one against Heung-min Son.

‘It’s just shite like,’ moaned the defender to one of Woolwich’s coaching staff. ‘I should have never been one-v-one [against Son] in the first place! All the time, one-v-one.’

Arteta gave a curt and evasive interview after the defeat to Spurs, refusing to address the decisions he clearly had issues with and telling Sky Sports: ‘If I say what I think, I’d be suspended for six months. So I cannot say.’

But he was altogether more vocal in the dressing room with his players, slamming the refereeing performance he had witnessed and even ordering a social media blackout.

‘Okay, this game is history. We don’t talk about this game no more. It’s gone. No social media, no s**t in the media, don’t give them absolutely nothing,’ said the Spaniard to his dejected players.

‘We cannot do anything about it, it’s gone. You know how we lost it. We have to move on. Now, in this moment, we have to start to beat Newcastle now.

‘This is gone, we cannot change it. Guys, we learn from it. I will complain everything that I can to try to defend our club because it was a f***ing joke what happened out there. But, after that, it’s still in our hands.’

Later in the episode, Arteta again referenced the external forces he felt were at work in the north London derby, saying: ‘I really wanted to go there and play the game the way we wanted to play it, and we weren’t allowed to do so.’

Although Woolwich missed out on Champions League football, they made some stellar signings over the summer – with Gabriel Jesus, Oleksandr Zinchenko and Fabio Vieira all arriving – and have started the new campaign with maximum points.

The final two episodes of All or Nothing: Woolwich will be available to stream on Amazon Prime Video on Thursday 18th August
"It's still in our hands"

:harrylol:

Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

Got the free trial for amazon to watch the last two episodes of their meltdown, at one point before they lose to Brighton he comes out holding a lightbulb in the dressing room and says 'Edison invented the lightbulb, I want you to be the light - but it means nothing if you aren't connected' and unveils what the light is plugged into so it turns on. Holy fuck he's cringey, more than anything - Conte would absolutely beat the shit out of that little weirdo.

Got the free trial for amazon to watch the last two episodes of their meltdown, at one point before they lose to Brighton he comes out holding a lightbulb in the dressing room and says 'Edison invented the lightbulb, I want you to be the light - but it means nothing if you aren't connected' and unveils what the light is plugged into so it turns on. Holy fuck he's cringey, more than anything - Conte would absolutely beat the shit out of that little weirdo.
Also in the last episode when we're 2-0 up against them at HT, he basically goes in and tells them they've lost already and got two games left... crazy attitude.

Holding blaming teammates, Arteta crying about the bad refs. That is hilarious. And then they go and bend over for Newcastle. If a team had any backbone and really felt like they were screwed over by the refs, they would come out that next match fired up and ready to prove a point. Especially with CL on the line.

Instead these cowards fold over and give up before the NLD is even over.

Conte on the touchline at the NLD waving a light bulb around in one hand and bit of torn flex in the other

Flicked through the final two this morning.

You can tell that lot are mentally weak.

Arteta just a joke really, because To build a club around that bloke you must be having a laugh.

He just blags and bullshits about 'being together' & 'creating identity'. It's embarrassingly unsubstantial.

God, I'm so happy we have Conte. A man of grit, substance and guile...

And of course the closing quotes are that they had a successful progressive season.

Puff piece nonesense.

Flicked through the final two this morning.

You can tell that lot are mentally weak.

Arteta just a joke really, because To build a club around that bloke you must be having a laugh.

He just blags and bullshits about 'being together' & 'creating identity'. It's embarrassingly unsubstantial.

God, I'm so happy we have Conte. A man of grit, substance and guile...

And of course the closing quotes are that they had a successful progressive season.

Puff piece nonesense.
Not unexpected though is it, they made out like our clusterfuck of a season with Poch/Mourinho/Covid was a success due to EL qualification, despite the fact that it saw us drop out of Top 4 for the first time in a few seasons, having just the previous season made it to the CL Final, we legit regressed that year and they painted it as a positive.

Woolwich, despite bottling top 4 in the final few games, on paper actually did progress, coming 5th after successive 8th placed finishes.

And tbf, for that bunch of braindead gobshites, lead by that weirdo mannequin with his flip charts and light bulbs and team of grinning yes men, coming 5th actually is pretty impressive.

Two very unfortunate side effects of this season of AoN for me, firstly I have spent far too long with that fucking rocking all over the world tune stuck in my head at times, as dumb as the Woolwich fans' chant is I begrudgingly admit it is catchy.

Ssecondly, I now cannot think of the word fucking in any context without it sounding like fe-hoo-king thank's to that fe-hoo-king lego headed dipshit...

Back
Top Bottom