Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They had an opposition, ideaological and individual. Who part for complete outsiders thought badly of colonialism in 1715?
You’re venturing really damned close to a “might makes right” argument simply because the people benefitting from an atrocity don’t have qualms about the means of their enrichment does not make the acts any less atrocious. You don’t get to say Spanish slavers in South America weren’t abhorrent and a point of shame cause slavery, rape, and pillaging were all the rage in 17th century Europe, innit?

The idea that Australians celebrate the day ships landed and the conquest and genocide began is as equally cringey as fuck as Americans celebrating the propaganda bullshit that is thanksgiving.

I’m sorry, but you don’t get to say imperial Britain was any less a force of evil than the Nazis because their atrocities weren’t perpetrated on the people of Europe. To do so relies on inherent racism. And the same applies to modern day American imperialism and the Israeli settlement movement. It’s not ok to fuck off entire groups of people just because they’re different.

But, but, but, Jack, but, but, he's Englands only hope, but Wilshire, but, but, but............

giphy.gif

But...but...he's had a great year and should have been representing England at the WC! I'm so confused.

You’re venturing really damned close to a “might makes right” argument simply because the people benefitting from an atrocity don’t have qualms about the means of their enrichment does not make the acts any less atrocious. You don’t get to say Spanish slavers in South America weren’t abhorrent and a point of shame cause slavery, rape, and pillaging were all the rage in 17th century Europe, innit?

The idea that Australians celebrate the day ships landed and the conquest and genocide began is as equally cringey as fuck as Americans celebrating the propaganda bullshit that is thanksgiving.

I’m sorry, but you don’t get to say imperial Britain was any less a force of evil than the Nazis because their atrocities weren’t perpetrated on the people of Europe. To do so relies on inherent racism. And the same applies to modern day American imperialism and the Israeli settlement movement. It’s not ok to fuck off entire groups of people just because they’re different.
I don’t really follow your argument here (nor did I even discuss the benefits colonialism brought). I merely pointed out that morality is inter-subjective and relies on intuition and social cognition with a degree of progress. Slavery was bad in Ancient Greece as it is today, but no one would have reasonably opposed it in Ancient Greece, our moral judgement of it is a privilege of our more enlightened period. Nazism was deemed bad in its time, the inherent evil in it transcends the temporal aspects of social cognition.
That’s why there’s so much scholarly on how was the holocaust possible when so many people who took part in it knew it was wrong, as opposed to slaveowners in colonial Georgia. The first are an example of an interesting psychological effect of mass culutural neurosis, the latter are just the upshot of a backwards period. It’s the fact that nazism grew out of modernity that makes its evil a standout

Why? The guy is absolutely appalling.
I get that he's a professional footballer and all, but, fuck me, he has got to be one of the worst around. Absolutely stealing a living.

None if he's signing with them.
Just confusion. Why does a player as bad as him get rewarded? Glad it's with Woolich, but they must see something in him that nobody else does.

Back
Top Bottom