Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Headline from the Torygraph:

How Woolwich's Granit Xhaka fought back from the depths to become a pillar of Mikel Arteta revolution
:dembelelol:

While the corruption yesterday was clear as day, I think it's good in the long term, they will believe their own hype not addressing the glaring weakness in their squad. A declining Aubameyang gets a bulk 3 year contract, I genuinely prefer they keep him. He's bang average with poor overall play, massive liability on the wings, will drop off a cliff next season and it will be another Ozil situation, goons don't realize this.

Last edited:
While the corruption yesterday was clear as day yesterday, I think it's good in the long term, they will believe their own hype not addressing the glaring weakness in their squad. A declining Aubameyang gets a bulk 3 year contract, I genuinely prefer they keep him. He's bang average with poor overall play, massive liability on the wings, will drop off a cliff next season and it will be another Ozil situation, goons don't realize this.

Im not sure about that but I don’t think next season will be any different for them than this. They’re still a club paying champions league salaries to players while not in the champions league. That can only go on so long and has been already for 5 years.

It is fucking annoying that they won the cup but in reality to other fans perceptions, it’s just another mid table team winning it. If Everton or Burnley won it, we’d be annoyed it wasn’t us but that’s it. It’s only because it is Woolwich that it’s a kick in the teeth.

Another year out of the champions league hurts them more than the benefit they get from winning the cup. But not from a fan perspective.

It’s frustrating that they’re utter dog shit yet have somehow grabbed a trophy.

Makes us once again look like complete mugs

Taking my Spurs goggles off; I doubt many neutrals will be thinking of it in those terms.

Last edited:
Yes it is a trophy and that hurts but for them it means they're in Europe next season. They haven't got the squad to fight on all fronts so they'll struggle again.

If they were Europe-less next season I think they would have done better in the league. Now it'll be business as usual - mid table finish and unsustainable salaries.

It's a cup but long term I think this hurts them more

Yes it is a trophy and that hurts but for them it means they're in Europe next season. They haven't got the squad to fight on all fronts so they'll struggle again.

If they were Europe-less next season I think they would have done better in the league. Now it'll be business as usual - mid table finish and unsustainable salaries.

It's a cup but long term I think this hurts them more
Wishful thinking?
A trophy is a trophy and it condemns us to 3 shitty extra qualifying matches for the Eurodisney Thursday night trophy Whilst they simply slot into the group stage. It more than hurts that this nomadic bunch of halfwits have another honour to their name.
We will struggle equally (with more matches to play as well in the far flung corners of nowhere) & whilst I admire the glass half full philosophy, I’m fucking fuming that these spawny twats have walked away from their abomination of a season with a cup, whilst our own abomination of a season again sees us empty handed.
:wansum:

Woolwich's worse season in a generation.
FA Cup winners and further up the pecking order in the Europa.
Let that sink in.
How did it come to this?
Right,I'm off to drink a bottle of bleach.
Enjoy ya Sunday everyone.

Wishful thinking?
A trophy is a trophy and it condemns us to 3 shitty extra qualifying matches for the Eurodisney Thursday night trophy Whilst they simply slot into the group stage. It more than hurts that this nomadic bunch of halfwits have another honour to their name.
We will struggle equally (with more matches to play as well in the far flung corners of nowhere) & whilst I admire the glass half full philosophy, I’m fucking fuming that these spawny twats have walked away from their abomination of a season with a cup, whilst our own abomination of a season again sees us empty handed.
:wansum:

Don't get me wrong - I'd have rather we won the trophy and I'm gutted they did.

I already know what ppl wud have said if we had won yesterday tho - that there is an asterisk this season, that we only won cos we didn't have the fans watching to make us ' bottle' it, etc.

Let them have it. I firmly believe it is another nail in the coffin for them in the long term. Call it wishful thinking, call it glass half full...I don't wanna think that they are better than us lol

Let them have it. I firmly believe it is another nail in the coffin for them in the long term. Call it wishful thinking, call it glass half full...I don't wanna think that they are better than us lol

Consolidating their position as the most successful club in FA Cup history is a 'nail in their coffin long term'??? Do you know what a coffin is?

Consolidating their position as the most successful club in FA Cup history is a 'nail in their coffin long term'??? Do you know what a coffin is?

Why is everyone so keen on here to defend them?

They're not signing anyone because they're 'the most successful club in FA Cup history'.

Yesterday's win doesn't change the fact I'd rather be in our position right now than theirs

Why is everyone so keen on here to defend them?

They're not signing anyone because they're 'the most successful club in FA Cup history'.

Yesterday's win doesn't change the fact I'd rather be in our position right now than theirs

Defend them? You mean point out the utter absurdity of your comment?

Winning trophies is NEVER A NEGATIVE.

Back
Top Bottom