Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

bloody hell. He’s a great goal scorer but that’s a desperate offer. He’d be mad not to sign it.
He scores a lot of goals but I don't think he's all that. By that I mean the type of goals he scores are in the range of most strikers. He used to be almost all unplayable at Dortmund as he could carry the ball, shoot off both feet from outside the box and had pace to burn. He does none of this for Woolwich, all bar a handfull of goals he’s scored have been straightforward finishes.

I get the dilemma, when you have a goalscorer in your side don't get rid as the new guy might be goal shy (this is common for a lot of clubs looking for a goalscorer). But given his age and wage and contract length demands I’d cash in and invest. I think Martinelli can take his spot, he absolutely brings a greater work ethic and energy than him and I'd say it's worth waiting for him to allow to develop by giving him minutes.

He scores a lot of goals but I don't think he's all that. By that I mean the type of goals he scores are in the range of most strikers. He used to be almost all unplayable at Dortmund as he could carry the ball, shoot off both feet from outside the box and had pace to burn. He does none of this for Woolwich, all bar a handfull of goals he’s scored have been straightforward finishes.

I get the dilemma, when you have a goalscorer in your side don't get rid as the new guy might be goal shy (this is common for a lot of clubs looking for a goalscorer). But given his age and wage and contract length demands I’d cash in and invest. I think Martinelli can take his spot, he absolutely brings a greater work ethic and energy than him and I'd say it's worth waiting for him to allow to develop by giving him minutes.
He literally carries them on his own entirely. Maybe lacking in build up but check out the goals he scored vs City and Chelsea last month. Pretty insane record every single season too. Sucks he was renewed as Lacazette is terrible and the Chelsea reject Nketiah scores like 2 goals a season.

He literally carries them on his own entirely. Maybe lacking in build up but check out the goals he scored vs City and Chelsea last month. Pretty insane record every single season too. Sucks he was renewed as Lacazette is terrible and the Chelsea reject Nketiah scores like 2 goals a season.
Completely disagree he carries them, I'd give that to Leno and then more recently Martinez. I agree with you about Lacazette, his only threat is his ability to pretend to be fouled.

My point is most strikers will score the goals that he does now, they are not (bar a handful) top draw finishes, they are quite routine, bread and butter for the majority of PL goalscorers. It was only until this season that he had scored against a top 6 club (apart from against us the season before last, arguably the best goal he's scored for them and one of the small handful of high-quality goals).

Yes, he's a consistent goalscorer which isn't being argued and for whatever reasons these are hard to come by but my entire point is he is a completly different player for Woolwich then he was for Dortmund, he's goals are repeatable by other PL goalscorers. His goals for Dortmund were brilliant, unique and had a wide range of variety, he was on his day unplayable. He's not elite anymore (he was at Dortmund).

"We want to get back in the mix competing for the Premier League - and doing it the way Woolwich have always done, playing the entertaining, engaging football our fans want to see."

"Always"???

Conveniently forgetting the century of mind numbing, defensive boredom they served up before Wenger arrived.

I'd brace yourselves for the return of St Tottenham's day or whatever the cunts call it this year.
They've invested wisely and are moving in the opposite direction to us.
They might miss out on top 4 but will comfortably be above us.

I'd brace yourselves for the return of St Tottenham's day or whatever the cunts call it this year.
They've invested wisely and are moving in the opposite direction to us.
They might miss out on top 4 but will comfortably be above us.

WetAdorableFantail-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom