Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the Beeb's site:

LAWRO'S PREDICTION​

Woolwich endured a horrible night in Thursday's north London derby but they cannot afford to dwell on what went wrong for them against Spurs.

It's typical Woolwich, really, because they always seem to get themselves in a good position but whenever something goes against them, they just seem to collapse. At times this season it has looked like they have become stronger mentally - but they haven't.

Prediction: 1-1

On the Beeb's site:

LAWRO'S PREDICTION​

Woolwich endured a horrible night in Thursday's north London derby but they cannot afford to dwell on what went wrong for them against Spurs.

It's typical Woolwich, really, because they always seem to get themselves in a good position but whenever something goes against them, they just seem to collapse. At times this season it has looked like they have become stronger mentally - but they haven't.

Prediction: 1-1

I hate when he predicts a score I want because it doesn’t happen.

I feel like the Spurs fanbase is pretty zen about these final matches - but my word you wouldn't think that Woolwich were the team who, after the final whistle, still had CL qualification in their own hands.

Their collective meltdown has been a joy to watch and perhaps bodes well if it demonstrates their mentality. They could easily have turned around and brushed it off if they felt confident they'd win out these last two games, and yet...

I feel like the Spurs fanbase is pretty zen about these final matches - but my word you wouldn't think that Woolwich were the team who, after the final whistle, still had CL qualification in their own hands.

Their collective meltdown has been a joy to watch and perhaps bodes well if it demonstrates their mentality. They could easily have turned around and brushed it off if they felt confident they'd win out these last two games, and yet...
I think we know that if we miss out it’s just desert for our negligent dropping of points rather than them being better than us. So missing out on CL would sting but wouldn’t kill us.
For them it will be a 6th year in a row behind us and show the cracks in the Arteta reform they big up

I think we know that if we miss out it’s just desert for our negligent dropping of points rather than them being better than us. So missing out on CL would sting but wouldn’t kill us.
For them it will be a 6th year in a row behind us and show the cracks in the Arteta reform they big up
It even goes beyond that - we had the disadvantage of starting the season with Nuno and the Kane saga, and then subsequently it was only the end of January that we brought in Kulusevski and Bentancur who have become nailed on starters.

But for a ridiculous shift of us getting one point from Brighton and Brentford, and Woolwich doing the opposite by beating Chelsea, United, and West Ham - we'd be safely home and dry in 4th (or even biting at the ankles of 3rd).

Nobody sane would think that Woolwich are actually better than us now, regardless of which one finishes 4th. Give us a full Conte preseason and new fullbacks and Woolwich won't be our concern next season.

It's driven by their manager though isn't it? Had he come out and been sensible the other night and said, yes we lost, but let's put it behind us and win the next couple of games as it is in their hands, then it probably would have whipped up such a negative storm around them. But he is a wanker so suits them perfectly.

It's driven by their manager though isn't it? Had he come out and been sensible the other night and said, yes we lost, but let's put it behind us and win the next couple of games as it is in their hands, then it probably would have whipped up such a negative storm around them. But he is a wanker so suits them perfectly.
Toxic fucking club. It kept amusing me how much they've apparently 'turned around' under him.

You just know that if Newcastle put in a performance tonight and take a point/all 3 then these muppets will be whining about it being unfair that Newcastle didn't roll over for them, like 27, 608 (or is that 60,260???) Jurgen Klopps.

It even goes beyond that - we had the disadvantage of starting the season with Nuno and the Kane saga, and then subsequently it was only the end of January that we brought in Kulusevski and Bentancur who have become nailed on starters.

But for a ridiculous shift of us getting one point from Brighton and Brentford, and Woolwich doing the opposite by beating Chelsea, United, and West Ham - we'd be safely home and dry in 4th (or even biting at the ankles of 3rd).

Nobody sane would think that Woolwich are actually better than us now, regardless of which one finishes 4th. Give us a full Conte preseason and new fullbacks and Woolwich won't be our concern next season.
To be fair, Nuno's Spurs were 9 points ahead of Lego boys' ArseAnal after 3 games.... AND we'd played Man City!

Maybe, being vaguely rational about it, our staying unbeaten and taking 8 points against both Liverpool & City - who have annihilated pretty much everyone else at one stage this season - is as impressive as their ridiculous week against Chelsea/Man Utd & West Ham... only difference is, they got 9 points out of it...

Back
Top Bottom