Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not enough laughing at Gooners going on in here lately. Sickens me.

Ooooo they're buying a couple of overpriced Brazilians and a kid from Porto's under 11s!

They're still soft. They'll still crumble under pressure. They'll win two and then lose 4 in a pattern all season.

Let them keep wasting their money and keep regressing.

And if we sign Raphina ahead of them will you still be saying he's over-priced? Or will he suddenly turn into a great purchase?

They are so deluded. “Woolwich is back” 😭😂😂😂

The same as United will if they sign de Jong and Anthony no doubt. Isn't that generally what all football fans do at every club, hype their own team too much? We had people here calling Bryan Gil the next Messi after one lively sub appearance.

But everyone else knows that they would need four or five great signings and a lot of luck to get to where they really want to be.

And if we sign Raphina ahead of them will you still be saying he's over-priced? Or will he suddenly turn into a great purchase?
If we pay £60+ million for him then I'll say he's overpriced.

No one human is worth £60+million.

Except me.

But then I'm a hoot.

I bet Raphina can't even do the severed thumb trick.

tricks thumb GIF

The same as United will if they sign de Jong and Anthony no doubt. Isn't that generally what all football fans do at every club, hype their own team too much? We had people here calling Bryan Gil the next Messi after one lively sub appearance.

But everyone else knows that they would need four or five great signings and a lot of luck to get to where they really want to be.
:gallashmm:

He's scored nearly 100 goals in just over 230 appearances for Man City for fucks sake, despite rarely getting a run of games, and you're now trying to say he's someone who hasn't adapted?

Some people here need to go easy on the monkey dust.
It's actually 123 goals in 319 games in his entire domestic career and 19 in 56 internationally, he's a 1 goal in 3 man which is OK for a striker I guess.

It's actually 123 goals in 319 games in his entire domestic career and 19 in 56 internationally, he's a 1 goal in 3 man which is OK for a striker I guess.

I'd say it's a pretty good record for a player that plays all along the front line. He's not good enough to warrant a starting place in City's best 11 every week but he's certainly more than good enough for Woolwich.

Just because we sign/don't sign?

Spurs and Woolwich are poles apart at the moment. There are players like Jesus who I think are going to underperform at Goons because they have different weaknesses to us.

I'm very keen to get Richarlison becuase I think he would be really good for us. But also for them. Jesus? We could probably find a good role for him covering for some players. For them? I just can't see it.

Nah...... You just made that up.

But a centre-forward playing for City who as a team averages between 64%-69% possession (depending on who is compiling the stats) and as a consequence creates more big chances (nearly a hundred in the PL last year) his numbers are shit.

Yes, City play with a fluid attack, with a variety of players interchanging, so chances/goals are spread across the team more than most other teams, but I strongly suspect this is as a consequence of having Jesus. When Aguero's hammies finally gave up the ghost they've been forced into playing this way. Watch them play differently this season with Haaland in the team, they've been targeting a striker for a couple of seasons now, because they have Jesus, he doesn't add anything unique to the team.

FWLAwC0WYAAFpbI

Woolwich struggles to create chances, individually he's not a big chance creator, just as individually he's not a prolific goalscorer. If his performances mirror that of his City performances then it's doubtful whether he'll get into double figures for goals.

Imagine paying £45m and £16m per year in wages for Maupay or Benteke!!!

Last edited:
It's called hyperbole.

Indeed it is; vastly so......

But I clearly remember a fair few people slobbering over him after he looked half decent from the bench once or twice. Pretty sure you were one of them, so I'm not surprised you would comment.

You often say this kind of thing to me, but no; you'd be wrong..... You should know by now that I don't leap to judgement of our players and aam more than happy to afford them time on either end of the scale.

BG: Kid has something about him IMO..... My thought's haven't changed on that front.

Back
Top Bottom