Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

5 years of him bleeding them dry 💷

"Edu and Arteta, key to the deal"...

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Simple truth is that if goons had Jesus this season, they likely would have pipped us to 4th, you’d have thought. He’s an improvement on what they have which is not good for us, but not a drastic one until they fix their midfield and defence. Saliba might be a big boost.

I think their range next season is 4th-8th, and if I had to bet I’d say 5th again. Mostly because ManU are still inexplicably shite and Newcastle won’t be there yet….probably. Season after that they’re done. 6th-9th will be their standard.

Simple truth is that if goons had Jesus this season, they likely would have pipped us to 4th, you’d have thought. He’s an improvement on what they have which is not good for us, but not a drastic one until they fix their midfield and defence. Saliba might be a big boost.

I think their range next season is 4th-8th, and if I had to bet I’d say 5th again. Mostly because ManU are still inexplicably shite and Newcastle won’t be there yet….probably. Season after that they’re done. 6th-9th will be their standard.
And if we'd started the season with Conte, we'd probably have pipped Chelsea to 3rd and Arse still would have finished 5th.

I backed Spurs to win 5-0 in this game, and they were winning 5-0 before this free-kick in the 89th minute. I remember getting a bit edgy as the player lined up to take free-kick (come on Harry, don't let me down...).
Spurs 5 (Kane 3, Lamela 2) - Asteras Tripolis 1 (Jeronimo Barrales)
Even more galling that when you watch it back, Kane could have simply hoofed it away with his foot if he'd tried that instead. I think he admitted as much afterwards.
:kanehand:

Having no bet on, I still remember it as one of the funnest Spurs matches in a long long while.
:sonlol:

He is not any better than they have already and Saliba is overrated and doesn’t even want to be there

If we'd have had Conte, Kulu, Rom & Bentancur for a full season they wouldn't have seen us for dust.
Don't forget Skippy. Also If Kane didn't have a hissy fit at the start of the season we'd have won a few more games.

Also, they would have needed 73 points to beat us, the last time they achieved this was the 16/17 season. In that time Aubameyang won the golden boot with them.

And if we'd started the season with Conte, we'd probably have pipped Chelsea to 3rd and Arse still would have finished 5th.

If we'd have had Conte, Kulu, Rom & Bentancur for a full season they wouldn't have seen us for dust.
Yes wasn’t trying to get into what ifs, rather the point of whether Jesus is any good or not - he’s better than what they have now, so should improve them.

Disagree...if arteta could man manage and coach they'd have pipped us to 4th

Back
Top Bottom