Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

supermarket-sweep-arsene.gif

I'm new to this forum so am probably not posting this in the right place but I thought when Ars*nal start singing You won the league in black and white we could take the piss by singing back at them

You won the league
Before HD
You won the league before HD

Like I said, I can't find where to post this so if anyone likes it and does know please put it up in the right place.

Cheers
Yeah, that's a bit shit. But don't let that deter you from posting here. Welcome. :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ans-admits-disappointment-over-transfers.html

I guess the filter will fanny the link up

Telegraph Sport has discovered an employee responsible for responding to fan correspondence went off-message when replying to one of a number of complaints about manager Arsène Wenger not spending any money this summer.
The club’s e-mailed response to the complainant read: “Many thanks for your email. We understand and share your disappointment that Woolwich Football Club plc have not secured any acquisitions on players for the new season.
"In terms of our dealings in the transfer market, we can assure you we have been working hard throughout the summer to bring in additional players and this will continue until the end of the transfer window.
“We are clear that our ambition at Woolwich is to compete for and win trophies. This ambition is shared by our majority owner Stan Kroenke, the board, Arsène Wenger and everyone who works for the Club.
Woolwich admitted that replies to such complaints should not include statements about sharing supporter disappointment. The employee involved was said to be “mortified” by the error, which the club are viewing as an honest mistake.
The news emerged as manager Wenger confessed Champions League qualification was essential to the club’s hopes of not ending the transfer window empty-handed.
With Wednesday’s 3-0 victory over Fenerbhace in the first-leg, play-off having all but guaranteed a 16th successive season in the group stages of the competition, Wenger admitted the outcome of the tie would determine whether he adds to his squad before the Sept 2 deadline.
The victory coincided with a fresh surge of transfer activity from Woolwich, who made moves for Real Madrid pair Karim Benzema and Angel Di María in what could be an £80million spending spree.
With Woolwich having failed with efforts to sign Luis Suárez and Gonzalo Higuaín, Wenger can hardly afford further setbacks 10 days before the window closes.
He said: “I can guarantee you, every player who wants to join us, the first question is, ‘Do you play in the Champions League or not?’ It is as simple as that. The players who want to come, or go somewhere or not, is decided on that. That is the first requirement of the top, top, top level players.”
Reaching the group stages could also help Wenger land targets including Yohan Cabaye, Paul Pogba, Micah Richards, Ashley Williams and Vicente Guaita.
Free agent Mathieu Flamini looks set to sign for a second time, having trained with Woolwich, who have no fresh injury concerns for Saturday’s second Premier League game of the season at Fulham.
That will be a relief to Wenger, who admitted his squad was not big enough to cope. “With the number, at the moment we are short,” he said. “Therefore, I would be a bit worried that number-wise, we are not strong enough to cope with all the targets a club like that has.”

He was a big loss when he left them

Yeah but that was when he was still good.

He went to Milan got injured, played badly for a bit, got injured again, fought his way back to fitness and got injured again THEN he got released and had to crawl back to Milan when no one in world football wanted to sign a bloated injury case and agreed to play for them for a pittance. And now he's on the scrap heap again and Arsene has decided he is the answer.

I bet they offer him £100,000 a week as well. Wenger has lost his mind.

He went to Milan got injured, played badly for a bit, got injured again, fought his way back to fitness and got injured again THEN he got released and had to crawl back to Milan when no one in world football wanted to sign a bloated injury case and agreed to play for them for a pittance. And now he's on the scrap heap again and Arsene has decided he is the answer.

Maybe they will part pay him with supermarket coupons!!!

Milan actually wanted him to stay but he left because he wanted a longer contract.

Back
Top Bottom