Come here to laugh at the Geordies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disagree strongly. I'm not saying that they are best fans in the country but I'd take a Geordie over a chav, manc, Cardiff, Coventry, mill wall fan any day.

It's a one club city. They are passionate and deserve better.

Not sure about deserving better. Why would a fan of Coventry not deserve better? Or Bradford?

Newcastle have cultivated this aura around them which doesn't stand up to scrutiny. You only need witness their travelling support. Newcastle happen to be one of the teams I have seen us play the most and yet I remember Charlton fans being far more vocal.

The fact it is a one club city is why there are so many of them. Move Sunderland a few miles toward them and I bet they'd ship a few supporters.

They hate him because he isn't breaking the transfer record every ten minutes. Like some in here, they don't take into account the cost involved in running a club that size.

Paying the salary of office workers, canteen employees etc isn't as sexy as buying Alan Shearer, but still needs done. And look what happened when they did things like buy Shearer - £75m in debt.
you forgot..they also hate him for not being a geordie. the cunts that own citeh could have bought newcastle and they would still find some excuse to be unhappy.

Anyone else think they might snag the League Cup or make at least a strong showing in it this season? They've been making some decent moves.

CPBIEJZW8AAhfMs.png

Newcastle actually have a good (and quite likeable) team. Mbemba looks a good centre back, the young left back that played against Chelsea looked good, Janmaat is a good right back, Sisokko is dangerous, Wijnaldum is a classy player, Perez is very good and Mitrovic looks decent (if he can stay on the pitch). The problem is they seem to not have any chemistry as a unit and they persist with playing the nothing player that is jack colback.

Last edited:
Newcastle actually have a good (and quite likeable) team. Mbemba looks a good centre back, the young left back that played against Chelsea looked good, Janmaat is a good right back, Sisokko is dangerous, Wijnaldum is a classy player, Perez is very good and Mitrovic looks decent (if he can stay on the bench. The problem is they seem to not have any chemistry as a unit and they persist with playing the nothing player that is jack colback.

So really they have some ok players that can't play as a team (De Jong was a good player in Holland too). Shame they've got an absolute clown of a manager then, or is it? Don't mind seeing them struggle. Think they are bigger than they are just because they only have one club in the city.

They hate him because he isn't breaking the transfer record every ten minutes. Like some in here, they don't take into account the cost involved in running a club that size.

Paying the salary of office workers, canteen employees etc isn't as sexy as buying Alan Shearer, but still needs done. And look what happened when they did things like buy Shearer - £75m in debt.
That's not true. Mike Ashley is a horrible chairman, who blatantly exploits Newcastle, just to further his brand. Just look at what Kevin Keegan has said about his tenure as Newcastle manager

Back
Top Bottom