Come here to laugh at the Geordies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

attachment.php

Trans fat mate, wrecking the community
KFC more appropriate

All that money spent and they provide a performance like that. All that money spent and Paul Dummett is still turning out at left back. Henri Saivet is a winger and he played central midfield today. Townsend, who's played on the right of midfield for the majority of his top flight career was played on the left and looked like a headless chicken all evening.

Just strange goings on.

Them going down would be best for them as a football club. Saying that, they've already been relegated and come back up and it hadn't done them much. They had that one successful season under Pardew where up until the last day they still could have finished in the top four, but they didn't push on. The summer after that season they signed Amalfatino, Biggerthanyamumma, Curtis Good and Vurnon Anita. What a horrible bunch of signings to try and push on with. They ended up finishing 16th that season.

They haven't even looked up since. Plus once they fuck off down to the Championship, we can finally get that Perez in.

They have spent what, £73m net in all this season, nearly £30m of that in that last window.
All the January signings were with a view to keep the side up yet their GA is worse than Villas and the 3rd worse after Sunderland and Norwich.
I thought they could have done with some defensive players if they are going to play defensive away from home. They looked a bit more solid in the midfield with tiote, ut that could be just the times I have sen them play. I don't know why they were so willing to let him go the situation they are in. I think they were lucky it didn't go through because they are going to need him if they want to stay up. Was the £8m too much to turn down?

Shelvey, now there must be a reason why he's been moved around a few times. Whether it's his general attitude or his inconsistency. Last night he was shocking. Very lazy. He's still just 23 though.

They have spent nearly all, if not the lot, of what they would get in TV money.
They may not have that next year, if they go down, and could also find themselves paying the large wages of the long contracts to the players they have brought in.
To me it looks like they are going down with Villa and Sunderland.
It's them or Norwich.

Last edited:
The real problem is McClaren, complete fraud. With the players at his disposal, he should be able to stay in the prem. How he got that job I'll never know
Good coach I have no doubt but not the greatest manager. His form from the back end of his Derby career should have been enough not to appoint him, if the fact he's ex-Boro wasn't enough.

Real Madrid to the Championship. I think they're going down with Norwich and Villa. Defoe and Allardyce should keep Sunderland up, just.
Has there ever been a bigger manager demotion in one move?

They have spent what, £73m net in all this season, nearly £30m of that in that last window.
All the January signings were with a view to keep the side up yet their GA is worse than Villas and the 3rd worse after Sunderland and Norwich.
I thought they could have done with some defensive players if they are going to play defensive away from home. They looked a bit more solid in the midfield with tiote, ut that could be just the times I have sen them play. I don't know why they were so willing to let him go the situation they are in. I think they were lucky it didn't go through because they are going to need him if they want to stay up. Was the £8m too much to turn down?

Shelvey, now there must be a reason why he's been moved around a few times. Whether it's his general attitude or his inconsistency. Last night he was shocking. Very lazy. He's still just 23 though.

They have spent nearly all, if not the lot, of what they would get in TV money.
They may not have that next year, if they go down, and could also find themselves paying the large wages of the long contracts to the players they have brought in.
To me it looks like they are going down with Villa and Sunderland.
It's them or Norwich.

Cashley knows he hasn't really spent a penny. He knows either way just for being in the league this season he will get 200m from TV alone even if they go down this season. Even if they never come up again.

One thing he won't have been burnt on is the contracts if they do go down. He got stung on that last time.

He is just a fool with idiot advisors who clearly know nothing about football. I feel sorry for the fans.

Any chance he looks like losing his investment he will sell.

Why would Benitez have any interest? There is no upside to that job.
To be honest if he really is a good manager he'll transform that club. Great managers should be able to work with any club - after all the shit with Madrid and their fanbase getting some real support from st. James' would probably be a nice change for Benitez.

To be honest if he really is a good manager he'll transform that club. Great managers should be able to work with any club - after all the shit with Madrid and their fanbase getting some real support from st. James' would probably be a nice change for Benitez.

Benitez is a shit manager. Benitez is a good waiter.

Somewhere in the south of Spain is a football genius fucking up drink orders and getting calamari delivered to the wrong tables.

Benitez is a shit manager. Benitez is a good waiter.

Somewhere in the south of Spain is a football genius fucking up drink orders and getting calamari delivered to the wrong tables.
But he doesn't think that does he? And to be fair, considering Mike Ashley's recent appointments, Benitez cannot be any worse.

Back
Top Bottom