Come here to laugh at the Geordies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I read in the FT that Saudi Arabia is finally trying to become a tourist destination because they know that oil money ain't gonna last forever. I'd rather go for a prostate exam than go on holiday in Saudi Arabia.

The place strikes me as Dubai but with even scarier laws and absolutely fuck-all of interest to do. Because of the lack of any kind of social scene or nightlife all people do is spend absolutely absurd amounts at luxury shopping centres. It's an even more consumerist society than the UK or US.

In their favour they do have a branch of German Doner Kebab though, apparently.
That is probably the NEOM project.
They are building a hi-tec city of the future at the border with Jordan. Foreigners will be able stay on the Jordanian side where the rules are much more relaxed and travel visa free to NEOM for the services they are going to offer.
It will be very close to Eilat in Israel, which is already a big tourist resort. In time I wouldn't be surprised if there is cooperation there the way Saudi-Israel relations are warming up.

That is probably the NEOM project.
They are building a hi-tec city of the future at the border with Jordan. Foreigners will be able stay on the Jordanian side where the rules are much more relaxed and travel visa free to NEOM for the services they are going to offer.
It will be very close to Eilat in Israel, which is already a big tourist resort. In time I wouldn't be surprised if there is cooperation there the way Saudi-Israel relations are warming up.
I would rather go almost anywhere else on the planet.

This is cowardice. I understand that the people heading up this group are essentially doing it as a hobby, but they're hardly representing their members by tucking tail and running.

I'd hope they would explain this decision, but I expect they won't.
The article literally has their explanation

This is cowardice. I understand that the people heading up this group are essentially doing it as a hobby, but they're hardly representing their members by tucking tail and running.

I'd hope they would explain this decision, but I expect they won't.

They are making a mockery of your previous comments.....

Discuss.

There's no explanation for their decision to leave the Pride in Football network in that article.
Apologies, it was the BBC article that I had read which went into more detail.

There's no explanation for their decision to leave the Pride in Football network in that article.

8c2158b032b58b6fab09ba530cde5f72--getting-old-denial.jpg

Apologies, it was the BBC article that I had read which went into more detail.

I still don't see why they left the network. I see that they received lots of abuse because the club released a message of support for Cavallo, but can't see why they've left Pride in Football group?

_121755927_newcastle_banner1_getty-1.jpg

I'd say the murder, execution and torture of sexual minorities, atheists, apostates, political opponents and pesky journalists, the subjugation and virtual imprisonment of women and the tacit support for international jihadist terrorism is pretty fucking black and white.

It's an abomination. Always. Everywhere. Unless United With Pride think there's some sort of grey area here, perhaps where those practising such crimes against humanity pump millions into your football club for example

Back
Top Bottom