Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

12 games unbeaten in the league now for them.

Their best run of form since the beginning of Solsjkaers reign when he went 13 games unbeaten before levelling down to being average and the fans calling for his head every week.

The honeymoon will end, Fernandes' form will dip, Pogba will leave or get injured and their defence will continue to be a bit shit.

The CL will expose them next year and I feel like them and Wolves have greatly benefited from having no Europa League football every week or so. It's allowed this lot especially to be able to play their strongest line up every single week without the need to rotate.

I don't care how many England caps MacGuire ends up with 80M pounds for him is an absolute outrage. By that standard Ledley King if he played now would be worth 800M

So-called EPL-proven AND homegrown = a shocking premium these days....

Beware buying from the likes of S'oton & Leicester....

Mane, VVD, Wanyama(*), Kante.... Have any others been a genuine hit when making a high priced step up?

(*Cheap compared to Lovren, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Lallana, McGuire, Drinkwater etc.... In a similar sense look at all the 30-50m meh Everton splashed out on in recent years.)

OGS coming under pressure now to make a decision regarding DeGea's future. Chelsea looking at signing young Henderson (170k a week) and the lad needs reasssuring about his future at Old Trafford.

Personally I'd have dodgy DeGea as the number 2 and give Dean the nod that he so richly deserves. Interesting situation.

This has probably been discussed before, but i just checked on the Premier league website and Spurs have never received a penalty against United in an EPL match.

Considering they received their get out of jail card against us recently, (dive) nothing should surprise.
It really is an astounding stat!

Last edited:
This has probably been discussed before, but i just checked on the Premier league website and Spurs have never received a penalty against United in an EPL match.

Considering they received their get out of jail card against us recently, (dive) nothing should surprise.
It really is an astounding stat!

It’s not really, we know the biased nature of the officials.

I wonder what the full list looks like as to who we have and haven’t had penalties against and the number that we have had.

It’s not really, we know the biased nature of the officials.

I wonder what the full list looks like as to who we have and haven’t had penalties against and the number that we have had.
I just searched the team stats and head to head on the Premier League site.

The odd penalty given in a tight match, or a decision not awarded is sometimes enough to tilt the favour for European spots. But this stat of zero penalties awarded in 56 matches (i think it is) is so disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom