Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ronaldo took the number 7 from Cavani?
Solid start. Looking forward to witnessing the primadonna in action at Manu this season

Ronaldo's gradually starting to morph into Cliff Richard.

NaIngO5.jpg

How does a 36 year old maintain such incredible physical condition and athleticism? He was lightning quick for his second goal.

The norm is that speed and especially that explosive acceleration declines a lot for players as they age into their thirties. How has he overcome that?

I can't think of another player who has looked so close to his athletic peak at 36. To me it's a bit of a red flag. Is his continued supreme athleticism really possible with legitimate training methods?

How does a 36 year old maintain such incredible physical condition and athleticism? He was lightning quick for his second goal.

The norm is that speed and especially that explosive acceleration declines a lot for players as they age into their thirties. How has he overcome that?

I can't think of another player who has looked so close to his athletic peak at 36. To me it's a bit of a red flag. Is his continued supreme athleticism really possible with legitimate training methods?

A red flag to what though?

PEDs typically put a strain on the body over time that catch up with you eventually and lead to an eventual physical breakdown.

Giggs played until he was 40....... Not saying what you're suggesting is out of the question, but some people defy the norm.

Also, people constantly talk of CRs insane conditioning regime..... Sports science is still relatively young in the game and we're seeing players last longer (subject to serious injury).

A red flag to what though?

PEDs typically put a strain on the body over time that catch up with you eventually and lead to an eventual physical breakdown.

Giggs played until he was 40....... Not saying what you're suggesting is out of the question, but some people defy the norm.

Also, people constantly talk of CRs insane conditioning regime..... Sports science is still relatively young in the game and we're seeing players last longer (subject to serious injury).
It's the fact he can maintain that athleticism, when the history of football is that this doesn't happen. Giggs played to age 40, but he lost the explosive acceleration, whereas Ronaldo still seems to have it.

Ronaldo has freakish dedication and drive to keep going, so maybe it's possible. But that same desire might also have tempted him to use whatever methods he can to keep his edge. I'm no expert on conditioning or PEDs but certainly anabolic steroids can prevent age related decline in muscle mass/function. I remember Linford Christie running some of his best times in his 30s, then testing positive for nandrolone aged 38.

There's also the photos of Ron's transformation.

It's the fact he can maintain that athleticism, when the history of football is that this doesn't happen. Giggs played to age 40, but he lost the explosive acceleration, whereas Ronaldo still seems to have it.

TBF, CR is nowhere near as quick/athletic as he once was; hence his evolution into a CF.

Ronaldo has freakish dedication and drive to keep going, so maybe it's possible. But that same desire might also have tempted him to use whatever methods he can to keep his edge.

That's a pretty cynical basis for suspicion tbf.

I'm no expert on conditioning or PEDs but certainly anabolic steroids can prevent age related decline in muscle mass/function. I remember Linford Christie running some of his best times in his 30s, then testing positive for nandrolone aged 38.

Yeh, but sprinters only compete once every X-months..... This allows a more delicately managed, cyclical training regime.

Take the WWE as a counter example..... These guys perform 5/6 night's a week and all the jacked up guys suffer more and more random joint and muscular injuries the older they get..... PEDs over burden your body/organs.... That takes it's toll over time.

There's also the photos of Ron's transformation.

15+ years of the right training can do that to a man's body....

HOWEVER: As said initially; it's not like it's out of the question.

He is a professional who treats his body in a way unknown to most players. Just hear the testimonies of former comrades like Evra

Appreciate what youre doing but dont want to see that shit. Its enough the pro manure shit on every bit of media this is supposed to be an escape here
I admire him as players but I am happy with his departure from Juventus even though the start of the championship this year was disastrous (2 defeats). Too much centralizer

Back
Top Bottom