Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know that we hate his former team, but I can’t help but like Martinez when he’s playing other teams I hate. Watching his display in the Copa America was hilarious. Seeing that just makes me laugh, even though I have no idea what’s being said.

Shaw (34mins) & McGuire (67mins) both went off injured too apparently.

If that’s a long term they are in trouble, I know Maguire used to get the piss taken out of him but he is one of the top CB’s in the prem and Shaw is probably my pick for top LB in the league. They will be vulnerable now.

United are a really odd team under Ole. They go 2-3 games and you think they could win the league and do well well in the CL then have 2-3 games of really average performances you think they go nowhere. Way too inconsistent.

United are a really odd team under Ole. They go 2-3 games and you think they could win the league and do well well in the CL then have 2-3 games of really average performances you think they go nowhere. Way too inconsistent.
A team with a number of quality players held back buy an average manager.

A lot is said about Barca’s woes but still can see them playing far better under a better manager than Koeman.

They're consistently a bit rubbish at breaking down teams who sit deep. All teams struggle with that to an extent, but their lack of a clear coaching identity shows more than it does when City or Liverpool come up against that kind of tactic. Liverpool kind of just end up exploiting the insane delivery Trent and Robertson offer, and eventually something will happen. City have their get it to the byline and low balls in to the box schtick.

Ole seems to be fundamentally a counter attacking manager. So if they can get an early goal or if they're playing a team who offer space, they can look free flowing. They're also really dependent on Pogba not having an off day to play their best football.

It's why fans of the other PL chasing teams should hope their owners continue to be passive. If they move quickly and bring in a coach of worth, they've got a serious shot at the league. Under Ole they'll continue to be comfortably top 4 (because great players) but never a league winner.

Whining about offside.
Whining about the villa players surrounding the peno spot 😅😅embarrassing
I guess he wanted another penalty because Villa players surrounding the ref
If that’s a long term they are in trouble, I know Maguire used to get the piss taken out of him but he is one of the top CB’s in the prem and Shaw is probably my pick for top LB in the league. They will be vulnerable now.

Maguire has been awful since the start of this season. And that's only most from highlight of their games I watch. He has been losing possession as the last man, or pass to opponent player like every game.

Perhaps these two didn't have enough rest after being played into ground last season, compounded by England going all the way to Euro final?

Man U defense has been shaky. They had been bailed out plenty of times during past couple seasons, especially by penalty. They almost were again today.

Criticism is starting to mount on Ole, we need to hope they go on a mini-run of form so United keep him. He's so clearly in over his head.

If/when he gets sacked, there's not another EPL team that would be interested in him.

Back
Top Bottom