Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Their problem is everyone thinks they are the top dog. Ronaldo, Bruno, rashford, cavani, pogba. Sulky bastards

Mo Money, Mo problems

Squad composition is absolutely crucial these days in the Premier League, long gone are the days where a top team can buy the player for the sake of it who doesn't fit their team or their philosophy (See Veron at Man Utd) and the club still win because they were better than the rest.

You can't do that these days because there's too many good teams with good coaches in this legaue, everyone needs to be pulling in the same direction and you can't afford to carry players who don't fit into a playing style or into the culture - This is Man Utd in a nutshell, too many stars who thrive off individual brilliance and moments, not enough team play, not enough cohesion, no togetherness, nothing.

All I'm saying is praise the Lord we got Conte over them because he would have dropped whoever needed to be dropped, played whoever needed to be played and seriously sorted them out, their loss, our gain.

Talking of their trophy room - how is it that they have a European Cup on display there when they have only ever won it three times?
It's likely a replica, I was at the Nou Camp in 2003, and Barca had one on display even though they only had one to their name at the time.

I think Celtic have the same.

Like all "super" clubs of the 00's and 10's Utd are starting to realise that buying a few of the world's most expensive players simply won't cut it .... as much as we take the piss out of City it's all about the manager, and the imposition of his style of play that wins them trophies, sure undeniably the money enables that to happen, but it's the manager that makes the difference, that's similar with Klopp.

Look at the old 'money is no object' clubs in Europe who have employed 'names' as managers who then turn out to be no better at the job than posters on TFC - PSG, Barca, Real all struggled even whilst spending millions, and now Utd, and to a degree Chelsea, are in the same position. Wrong players, wrong tactics, poor results.

You could buy the league even five years ago, but right now money alone simply isn't enough, no wonder manager's salaries have gone from 1m a year to 20m a year ... then goodness we got Conte before the wheels fell off at Utd.

7b3dd7c7e1c70ae9789c32b09f449b3d.jpg

I remember going on their stadium tour a few months back (friends, a united supporter) and thinking it was a perfect metaphor for their club.

Yes there was a rather mighty trophy room, but the whole place looked really run down going to their café I thought I'd been transported back to the 90s.

A club in stagnation, no doubt.

You can thank the Glazer’s for that, put the club into a billion of debt for no reason and even worse run it like donkeys. United where up there with Real Madrid as the worlds biggest club, now they are still huge but a shell of their former self.

Their problem is everyone thinks they are the top dog. Ronaldo, Bruno, rashford, cavani, pogba. Sulky bastards

Ronaldo - old, he ain’t what he was like when Bale came back to us, still good but not outstanding
Bruno - overrated, scores goals but can’t run a midfield
Rashford - good but not great
Cavani - decent but getting on a bit
Pogba - unpredictable

All have weaknesses, I would rather have Son than any of those players.

Ronaldo - old, he ain’t what he was like when Bale came back to us, still good but not outstanding
Pogba - unpredictable

Watching them against Newcastle there was not a single United player on the pitch that I would be interested in.

Pogba - unpredictable

I'd rather have Moura over any of them...

Watching them against Newcastle there was not a single United player on the pitch that I would be interested in.
The only one that springs to mind is Lindelöf. He's comfortable on the ball and has a good passing range, and I am confident that Conte would improve the other aspects of his game. He could easily do what Davies does for us but as a right sided CB.

He gets a lot of flack from their fanbase but he is honest to God their best all around DB. But his seemingly chronic back issues is holding him back. Not to mention the fee paid for Maguire and the status of Varane.

I think Conte would make good use of a few of them but mostly as back up. United have huge depth in their squad but limited out and out world class players as those that where are now old.

I think Conte would make good use of a few of them but mostly as back up. United have huge depth in their squad but limited out and out world class players.

The Conte experiment at Old Trafford would have been really interesting actually, as we know he needs complete buy in and doesn't have divas in his team so I reckon the likes of Ronaldo, Bruno and Pogba would have eventually got bombed.

I think those lot need a an elite coach to shake them up, can't see them playing for Rangnick or respecting him anymore than Ole.

The only one that springs to mind is Lindelöf. He's comfortable on the ball and has a good passing range, and I am confident that Conte would improve the other aspects of his game. He could easily do what Davies does for us but as a right sided CB.

He gets a lot of flack from their fanbase but he is honest to God their best all around DB. But his seemingly chronic back issues is holding him back. Not to mention the fee paid for Maguire and the status of Varane.
The only one that would come close is Varane. Under Conte he would probably get back to his best ... which is very good. He plays in the same position as Romero though, so I wouldn't even do that deal.

The Conte experiment at Old Trafford would have been really interesting actually, as we know he needs complete buy in and doesn't have divas in his team so I reckon the likes of Ronaldo, Bruno and Pogba would have eventually got bombed.

I think those lot need a an elite coach to shake them up, can't see them playing for Rangnick or respecting him anymore than Ole.

Conte won’t allow anyone to do that. If Ronaldo or Pogba didn’t do what he wanted they would be out and sent off to cry to their mummy’s. United do have good depth so he would have made the best off what they had and most likely got them top 4.

Rangnick is their to get their young players, scouting up to shape and prepare them for a new manager next season. They have gone for the long term plan not the short term.

If I was a United fan I would have been annoyed not getting Conte but at least somewhat happy they have an actual long term plan for once.

Trouble at mill.

I don’t always listen to Neville and Carragher summing up a game, but I did yesterday. Listen to Neville describe the United team, the lack of pulling together, the absence of the senior pros encouraging, maybe at times chastising, the younger players, to get the best out of them.

Neville knows more than he is letting on, what he said was bad enough.

Within the dressing room - trouble at mill.

Last edited:
Trouble at mill.

I don’t always listen to Neville and Carragher summing up a game, but I did yesterday. Listen to Neville describe the United team, the lack of pulling together, the absence of the senior pros encouraging, maybe at times chastising, the younger players, to get the best out of them.

Neville knows more than he is letting on, what he said was bad enough.

Within the dressing room - trouble at mill.
He did none of that whilst Ole was in charge. Nowhere near as scathing on the team or the club.

Back
Top Bottom