Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte won’t allow anyone to do that. If Ronaldo or Pogba didn’t do what he wanted they would be out and sent off to cry to their mummy’s. United do have good depth so he would have made the best off what they had and most likely got them top 4.

Rangnick is their to get their young players, scouting up to shape and prepare them for a new manager next season. They have gone for the long term plan not the short term.

If I was a United fan I would have been annoyed not getting Conte but at least somewhat happy they have an actual long term plan for once.

It remains to be seen, in my entire lifetime Utd are a club who have always relied on buying ready made stars so if they completely change direction and start buying youth for a project then it would be a surprise.

Ronaldo - old, he ain’t what he was like when Bale came back to us, still good but not outstanding
Bruno - overrated, scores goals but can’t run a midfield
Rashford - good but not great
Cavani - decent but getting on a bit
Pogba - unpredictable

All have weaknesses, I would rather have Son than any of those players.
Every week lately, in the media, I hear how brilliant Cristiano Ronaldo has been since he's been back. He's been good in the Champions League (let's be honest, against minnows). But since scoring 3 in his first two league matches back with United, he's scored 4 goals, two of which were penalties, in his last 12 in the league...that's 2 non-penalty goals in almost 1000 minutes. F*cking brilliant for a guy who's supposed to be world class, right?

Every week lately, in the media, I hear how brilliant Cristiano Ronaldo has been since he's been back. He's been good in the Champions League (let's be honest, against minnows). But since scoring 3 in his first two league matches back with United, he's scored 4 goals, two of which were penalties, in his last 12 in the league...that's 2 non-penalty goals in almost 1000 minutes. F*cking brilliant for a guy who's supposed to be world class, right?
Where's Sammy and NDombadboy to analyse that?

The reality is that a lot of the ‘stars’ are anything but - Martial wants out; Ronaldo was always short term; Pogba will be gone; Cavani is as old as the hills…they were never going to listen to Rangnick, especially as he’s allegedly only a stop-gap.

I think the plan, if there is one, is to not be too shit until the end of the season, bin off the overpaid superstars and bring in Poch / AN Other, tasked with moulding a team from what’s left which should be younger, less ego and so on.

However, this is United so I also half expect to see Scholes ushered in…

Ronaldo is still a good finisher but that pretty much all he can do now, he is now basically Robbie Fowler, issue is with Fowler you need to give him chances to score.

The young Ronaldo was strong and quick enough to make his own chances, often unplayable at times, the old Ronaldo can’t do that, nor does he press or link that well with team mates so if he is not given chances and not scoring it’s pointless having him on the pitch.

Age is a powerful thing, he may have only lost 20% of his speed and power but that is enough to be no longer elite if you are playing against 20 year olds. Only players who can carry on till near 40 doing well are players like Scholes who never had pace to begin with and relied on their brain.

Trouble at mill.

I don’t always listen to Neville and Carragher summing up a game, but I did yesterday. Listen to Neville describe the United team, the lack of pulling together, the absence of the senior pros encouraging, maybe at times chastising, the younger players, to get the best out of them.

Neville knows more than he is letting on, what he said was bad enough.

Within the dressing room - trouble at mill.
Utd haven't had someone in their squad since Keane who will likely literally kick players up the arse who clearly aren't giving their all.

Plus it doesn't matter who they get in, they are never replacing SAF, managers like him come along once in a lifetime as much as I hate to say it.

The reality is that a lot of the ‘stars’ are anything but - Martial wants out; Ronaldo was always short term; Pogba will be gone; Cavani is as old as the hills…they were never going to listen to Rangnick, especially as he’s allegedly only a stop-gap.

I think the plan, if there is one, is to not be too shit until the end of the season, bin off the overpaid superstars and bring in Poch / AN Other, tasked with moulding a team from what’s left which should be younger, less ego and so on.

However, this is United so I also half expect to see Scholes ushered in…
I wonder if these players realise that not listening to Rangnick may come back to bite them in the ass.

He may only be their coach for 6 months - a year. But he is also moving to being more or less their sporting director afterwards. Are you really going to piss off the guy that will be given the power to sell you?

Utd are such a wierd club, they pretend as if they want a project manager and someone who will be there for a long time and build something but they sign ready made start and divas, they have an identity crisis.

Do they need Ralf to bring a night light?

It's not as if football can be played under lights is it....

Checks tonight's fixtures.....

Oh wait! :pritchardeyes:

(Love to hear these kinds of lame excuses coming out of their camp though.... Suggests they're a right bunch of prima-donna tarts!)

Last edited:
United are serious contenders for 4th spot. They are not playing well, trying to adapt to the new coach.

Similar boat in that, will there be any money to spend in January?

Fergie 80 today. Always had a begrudging respect for him. Like many, I appreciated his impact in reducing the volume of trophies going to the cabbage patch kids and racists. He was a great man manager and has the intuition and EI to get the best from personalities as diverse as Cantona, Beckham, Giggs, Keane and the rest. I also like the fact he took care of and supported other managers - especially the Brits. Could have been a great England manager, although he’d never have taken it. Good old fashioned values of hard work and respect.

:parker:

Back
Top Bottom