Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It remains to be seen, in my entire lifetime Utd are a club who have always relied on buying ready made stars so if they completely change direction and start buying youth for a project then it would be a surprise.
They won the title with the likes of Wes Brown. Fergie was great at getting the mix of graft and super star spot on. Since he left it's gone to shit.

Fergie 80 today. Always had a begrudging respect for him. Like many, I appreciated his impact in reducing the volume of trophies going to the cabbage patch kids and racists. He was a great man manager and has the intuition and EI to get the best from personalities as diverse as Cantona, Beckham, Giggs, Keane and the rest. I also like the fact he took care of and supported other managers - especially the Brits. Could have been a great England manager, although he’d never have taken it. Good old fashioned values of hard work and respect.

:parker:

The original “imagine if he’d have come to us”. Although it sounded like he always wanted the Man U job back then.

Cavani moving on in January would be very good for us.

He is a model professional and will score goals if he is given a chance.

When Ronaldo gets injured or tired and when the pressure is on, it's Cavani who will step-up. No doubt.

Had we got him last season Mouriho would still be here so not all bad!!

How on god’s green earth are they this bad?

Players have been getting worse when they pull that red shirt on from the day Fergie walked away, it’s astonishing.

It’s gotten to the point where I’m doubting my own memories about the aura that club and that ground once had.

No comment

Perfection.

antonio-banderas-oh.gif

They were truly awful tonight. They should have got themselves a proper manager in the summer and also not signed Ronaldo. How can a club that size be so rudderless?

Hiring a 60 something year old who’s managerial experience is almost solely confined to managing run of the mill Bundesligsa sides to mid table was a very puzzling move.

From reading in the past about Rangnick his success has mainly been as a hands on director of football looking and running the overall project and building a long term vision within clubs not as a manager. So not totally shocked it’s not gone well, interesting to see if United properly use him as a DoF seems like he is set as a consultant at the end of season.

Potentially they may have hired the guy and will end up not using him for his best role which would be hugely incompetent.

Before Fergie, they were shit for decades. After Fergie, they immediately became shit.

This is just normal Utd. The Fergie years were the extraordinary years.

This is the Utd that I know best.

Back
Top Bottom