Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh he's got an ego, no doubt. I'm not saying his conduct the entire time he's been at United has been acceptable, he's a moody fucker by all accounts.

Wasn't suggesting we sign him, more just saying that both player and club seem to want to part, so that should happen now. Same with Ndombele. If he doesn't want to play then that would be fine with me, we just don't pay him! United fans should feel the same way with Martial, it wasn't like they were using him much.

He's a pretty big earner, 200k+ p/w I think. Clubs who will be interested can't pay that, especially with whatever loan fee they want on top. So it's up to United to either accept where he's at (i.e a player they don't use much) or keep him around for zero reason.

Option A & B sound like one and the same to me.

I still think he's 100% in the wrong to refuse selection today though.

You say "just don't pay him" but surely you know that's not an option....... (Ditto Ndombele.)

Option A & B sound like one and the same to me.

I still think he's 100% in the wrong to refuse selection today though.

You say "just don't pay him" but surely you know that's not an option....... (Ditto Ndombele.)

I get why people think he's in the wrong. I guess my feeling is if he's mentally checked out from the club, and the clubs hierarchy don't think he's right for them anymore, would I wanna see him out there if I was a United fan? Not really. If he doesn't feel like he wants to play I'd rather he was honest about that and we focused on getting him out the club.

Maybe I'm being too soft on him, he's had attitude issues in the past. But in this case I'm just like eh, whatever. And I'd honestly feel the same way if it was Ndombele, he clearly doesn't wanna be here so why play?

As for bold if he legitimately said he didn't want to play, they surely wouldn't have to pay his wages?

I get why people think he's in the wrong. I guess my feeling is if he's mentally checked out from the club, and the clubs hierarchy don't think he's right for them anymore, would I wanna see him out there if I was a United fan? Not really. If he doesn't feel like he wants to play I'd rather he was honest about that and we focused on getting him out the club.

Maybe I'm being too soft on him, he's had attitude issues in the past. But in this case I'm just like eh, whatever. And I'd honestly feel the same way if it was Ndombele, he clearly doesn't wanna be here so why play?

As for bold if he legitimately said he didn't want to play, they surely wouldn't have to pay his wages?

Ah, ok I get what you mean..... Simply as a breach in that moment; yes....... But to pro-actively sit him out and just stop paying him; obviously the club can't do that.

Ah, ok I get what you mean..... Simply as a breach in that moment; yes....... But to pro-actively sit him out and just stop paying him; obviously the club can't do that.

Oh yeah, of course. But if he continues in the 'I'm not available for selection' vein then supposedly they won't have to pay him .. I imagine he won't keep it up for long. Probably just a way to get a move over the line and show very firmly he's done there.

Oh yeah, of course. But if he continues in the 'I'm not available for selection' vein then supposedly they won't have to pay him .. I imagine he won't keep it up for long. Probably just a way to get a move over the line and show very firmly he's done there.

Every way you frame it to me it still sounds to me like a stroppy child playing up..... From a fan perspective; fuck him, fuck Tevez and fuck the rest of the players of their ilk. Respect the shirt and the fans that are the reason you even get to earn a wage from the club/game.

Oh he's got an ego, no doubt. I'm not saying his conduct the entire time he's been at United has been acceptable, he's a moody fucker by all accounts.

Wasn't suggesting we sign him, more just saying that both player and club seem to want to part, so that should happen now. Same with Ndombele. If he doesn't want to play then that would be fine with me, we just don't pay him! United fans should feel the same way with Martial, it wasn't like they were using him much.

He's a pretty big earner, 200k+ p/w I think. Clubs who will be interested can't pay that, especially with whatever loan fee they want on top. So it's up to United to either accept where he's at (i.e a player they don't use much) or keep him around for zero reason.
But teams cant offload these players because they wont accept a lesser wage elsewhere

But teams cant offload these players because they wont accept a lesser wage elsewhere
Yeah, that's the thing that fucks me off. If you want to play football, go and play football. Wages is what's holding you back. Earn the fee and shut up or drop your wage demands.

Last edited:
ff5ab454c66f7d0bc99cbff86598bdf6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom