Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chavs apparently going in strong for De Jong and I'm sure he'd rather that move than United.

Even though I really don't have much of anything really against him, I can't help but find what's happening to them a little funny or at least entertaining. It's just shocking to see the decline of that club, not necessarily in size or financial power but their stature has taken a beating. There are few clubs mismanaged worse than them over the past few years.

Chavs apparently going in strong for De Jong and I'm sure he'd rather that move than United.

Even though I really don't have much of anything really against him, I can't help but find what's happening to them a little funny or at least entertaining. It's just shocking to see the decline of that club, not necessarily in size or financial power but their stature has taken a beating. There are few clubs mismanaged worse than them over the past few years.
Doesn't make a lot of sense for them to go for him tbh. He'd like Kovacic 2.0, rather than a new Kante they need. Nor would he be a Eriksen/KDB type creator.

People are always quick to say “show some ambition…cough up the cash” but they’re always slow to admit they’d have wasted hundreds of millions on trash in the past five years.

People are always quick to say “show some ambition…cough up the cash” but they’re always slow to admit they’d have wasted hundreds of millions on trash in the past five years.
Running a club in that way is only possible if you have free oil money.

Just listening to talksport and they've apparently 'unearthed' a list of rules being implemented by Ten Haag (its talksport so obviously take with 10 barrels of salt and a jellied eel). Apparently leaked from the club to the media.

1. Any player late to training or team meetings will be dropped without exception
2. All players banned from drinking any kind of alcohol during a game week (which is most weeks in the season...!)
3. Players can not have their own personal chefs at home.
4. Canteen at the club must be their main source of food
5. All personal player grievances should be run directly past ETH, not the players agent.

:levylol:

Just listening to talksport and they've apparently 'unearthed' a list of rules being implemented by Ten Haag (its talksport so obviously take with 10 barrels of salt and a jellied eel). Apparently leaked from the club to the media.

1. Any player late to training or team meetings will be dropped without exception
2. All players banned from drinking any kind of alcohol during a game week (which is most weeks in the season...!)
3. Players can not have their own personal chefs at home.
4. Canteen at the club must be their main source of food
5. All personal player grievances should be run directly past ETH, not the players agent.

:levylol:

If that’s true, he won’t last long there 😂

If that’s true, he won’t last long there 😂

They were speculating that as that leak has come from inside the club, it's a potential sign that someone isn't happy with those rules (which are for the most part unworkable!).

Clearly, if true, he's trying to instill more discipline there, which isn't a bad thing. Not sure that's the way to go about it mind!

Didnt they agree a temporary pay cut (to be paid back) during Covid, likely to be linked to that rather than just not paying

So the story goes; yeh..... He agreed to a delayed payment.

Easily solved by agreeing a staggered incremental repayment with interest..... I doubt either side would outright derail a move because of it.

Last edited:
I think this is a good plan. It will quickly reveal all the entitled shits and make the job easier in the long run, or he'll be swiftly fired from an impossible job. It's a better option than pampering a bunch of has-beens and still get the sack.

Back
Top Bottom