Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man United behind the scenes!

pile GIF

Animated GIF

everyone hippo GIF

The video alone speaks beyond just "jumping about"..... and it corresponds with what we heard about the interview.

(You insinuated that this depicts a lack of critical thinking when it's the complete opposite.)

That's the whole point of what I've just been saying, but your dismissal seems to be insistent that people are merely hoodwinked by "jumping about".
She says “he only takes notes on the touchline during games” and “he gives 6 syllable answers at press conferences” and jumps to the conclusion that he can’t inspire players. That’s lazy as fuck. She might be right that he doesn’t inspire players but she’s acting as though it’s a fact… if united had performed well so far, no one would care about these things. She’s just picking random things she doesn’t like about his behavior.

His mistakes so far are that his players have no confidence and you can’t get away with a shit midfield in this league.

She says “he only takes notes on the touchline during games” and “he gives 6 syllable answers at press conferences” and jumps to the conclusion that he can’t inspire players. That’s lazy as fuck. She might be right that he doesn’t inspire players but she’s acting as though it’s a fact… if united had performed well so far, no one would care about these things. She’s just picking random things she doesn’t like about his behavior.

Yet it correlates with what we've heard from other angles (see interview)....... It's an accumulation beyond "he doesn't jump about enough".

What's at play here is not a lack of critical thinking..... Entirely the opposite.

His mistakes so far are that his players have no confidence

That in itself isn't something one would accurately describe as a "mistake", but seeing as you mentioned it and it's pertinent to what we're talking about; isn't a manager's job to instill belief, motivation and confidence into his players......... ?

M-a-y-b-e his perceived lack of charisma isn't helping that process?

and you can’t get away with a shit midfield in this league.

Indeed you can't; but McFred + 1 is the best he's got, so he ought to beware being too petulant with/about them as he's got a job to do.

I dunno perhaps my take and the general consensus is wrong and he has an irresistible magnetism in pvt that one-one else gets to see.......

Not sure that's the safest of 'bets' however. :unsure:

Last edited:
Bit surprised by some of the red ones. I thought Mikitaryian did well until he was forced to Woolwich. Lukaka did OK, scored 1 in 3.

Is Wan Bissaka a failure? Loads here wanted him.
Yes. He’s a more basic, rigid footballer than Royal. A full back from a bygone era that can defend and tackle but do little else

To be clear, I was talking about the video and not the interview with spurs. She criticizes him for just taking notes during the game and for giving short answers in press conferences and then she jumps to the conclusion that he has no connection with his players. How does she reach that conclusion? It’s just a wild guess and it’s BS to make that shit up.

Majority of media are extroverted and dont understand introverted behaviors and link it with being weak.
She's a (scouse) dick, listen to that podcast occasionally, she is the main reason it's occasionally. Opinionated, bias and self important one step away from talk sport.

Back
Top Bottom