Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Randomly just went on a Stormzy youtube ride.... Jeezus.... Grime is so "meh"... Guy doesn't even understand what a freestyle is (nor most of his fanbase by the looks of half the comments)....
That's a bit harsh. Some of the grime of the late 90's/00's was pretty good. Stormzy just sounds like a carefully engineered artist for the wide audience (dropping lines off beat and sounding tough) kinda like what Drake is to hip hop.

Kano is also shit but I find Skepta decent tbf

That's a bit harsh. Some of the grime of the late 90's/00's was pretty good. Stormzy just sounds like a carefully engineered artist for the wide audience (dropping lines off beat and sounding tough) kinda like what Drake is to hip hop.

Merely reinforced my opinion rather than spawned it...

20 years deep and barely a record that seems to be able to stand the test of time. Not sure there's another genre or subgenre that's amounted to so little over the course of an entire generation.

Kano definitely is not shit.

Merely reinforced my opinion rather than spawned it...

20 years deep and barely a record that seems to be able to stand the test of time. Not sure there's another genre or subgenre that's amounted to so little over the course of an entire generation.
Reggae. I personally really hate reggae but even objectively there aren't any magnum opus for the genre (Marley's best hits doesn't count).
Also correct me if I'm wrong but most grime artists didn't release LPs back then. That came later with a shift from rave/party atmosphere to 'let's be rappers like in America' attitude

I like Skepta...because he's Spurs
I was wondering about it. Saw it stated that he was Spurs and elsewhere that he's Woolwich. Never found any confirmation

Reggae. I personally really hate reggae but even objectively there aren't any magnum opus for the genre (Marley's best hits doesn't count).

For starters, not particularly a Marley fan (lol) and have no issue with UK rappers/hiphop as a whole.

I'm not talking purely LPs either.

Reggae (especially if you note it's respective production/dub/sounds system culture/toasting aspects) has been massively impactfull on music in general for decades... Hiphop itself might not have become the thing it was for starters.

Jazz heads, punks, disco artists, the avant-garde they've all embraced it.

Then there's years of classic 'Jamaican soul' songs themselves (vocal reggae if you prefer) that still inspire cover versions by artists of various persuasions today).

Some fantastic (albeit disciplined/minimal) musicianship...

I could go on and on and on... (evidently! lol)

World's apart.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but most grime artists didn't release LPs back then. That came later with a shift from rave/party atmosphere to 'let's be rappers like in America' attitude

Said in another thread on here before.... 'Boy in the corner' dropped in the early 2000s... Then what?

[see you on topic in a music thread sometime, bro. :angryscouser:]

Last edited:
I honestly thought Lukaku was going to go to the Chavs since he's supposedly such a massive fan and he wants CL football. I guess that whammer Pogba must have talked him into it. He said Chelsea were the biggest team in the world (can't remember when) too, the fickle bastard.

Also tbh I'm surprised Mourinho signed him, considering he benched him at Chelsea and Roberto fucking Martinez of all people did far more for him as a player, but I guess someone has to fit that giant Zlatan-shaped hole.

I honestly thought Lukaku was going to go to the Chavs since he's supposedly such a massive fan and he wants CL football. I guess that whammer Pogba must have talked him into it. He said Chelsea were the biggest team in the world (can't remember when) too, the fickle bastard.

Also tbh I'm surprised Mourinho signed him, considering he benched him at Chelsea and Roberto fucking Martinez of all people did far more for him as a player, but I guess someone has to fit that giant Zlatan-shaped hole.

The agent tie in seems to be a huge factor these days. Seems Mendes is running Wolves now.

Last edited:
Lukaku isn't going to help Utd anymore than Ibra did. Lukaku is just as lazy as Ibra and even more selfish. Just status quo with that signing.

For such a "big," club and flag bearer for the EPL even their huge money signings are below top tier and often well below.

Man Utd are in the Champions League...

Lukaku isn't going to help Utd anymore than Ibra did. Lukaku is just as lazy as Ibra and even more selfish. Just status quo with that signing.
Lukaku and Zlatan are so different as players it is hard to judge what will happen.
If it is true that they are going to sell Martial then they will use a front 3 of Lukaku plus 2 out of Rashford, Mkhitarian, Lindgard and Mata I guess.

Back
Top Bottom