Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So the core fact is that there was a fight between Greek police officers and the Maguire clan.
Also, it's fairly clear that the Maguires were blind drunk. I mean why else buy £4.50 donor kebabs after wolfing down 7 ribeye steaks for 800 Euros and bottles of Jack Daniels at over 100 Euros each.

The key problem for Slabhead is that he might be able to laugh off a pub fight, after all Ben Stokes managed it. But assaulting police officers is a major No No, especially with the Andrew Harper horror case so fresh in the memory.

Harry Maguire is a very expensive and valuable asset to manure. So some explanation for why Maguire was fighting and hospitalizing three police officers has to be found if that asset's value is to be preserved.

The two accounts essentially boil down to the following.

Greek version: the Maguires were drunk, got into a fight, and when plain clothes police intervened, the Maguires assaulted them. The assaults continued when the Maguires got to the police station, and then bribery attempts were made.

Maguire version: Daisy's eyes looked funny so we thought some Albanians had injected her with a date rape drug. (Note injected her in the street, which is highly unusual. The usual MO according to police is to slip a date rape drug in a drink.) We hired a minibus to take Daisy to hospital, but it took us to the police station. We feared we were being kidnapped, and then the Greek police assaulted us for no reason. The police attacked my leg, telling me my football career was over, and I feared for my life so I ran.

Hmmm.

None of us were there.

But one account sounds more credible than the other.

Last edited:
Roan was on bbc news this morning, he's basically been flown to some resort hotel in Europe where Maguire is hiding out (that the bbc have agreed not to identify) - its a complete United PR stitch up
I can even get the point that it's managed by the Club and players representatives, there's nothing new in that but why the fuck is the BBC used as their mouthpiece?

I can even get the point that it's managed by the Club and players representatives, there's nothing new in that but why the fuck is the BBC used as their mouthpiece?

Same reason they write the Kane to utd transfer rumours.....they are chasing clicks like everyone else, which is bizarre given they don't get advertising money.

Manure & the Maguires are desperate to get their version of events, their mitigation, out there.
The expensive PRs would have recommended giving an interview to a "single, trusted outlet" which would not attempt to pick holes in their cobbled-together narrative.
Having surveyed the options, the PRs would have judged that both in British and international terms the BBC was the most trustworthy available source. We can laugh and argue that point, but it is largely true.
In exchange for the exclusive, the BBC would have been encouraged to soft pedal it.

For full disclosure, I was a BBC staff documentary maker & journalist for more years than I care to remember....

Greek version: the Maguires were drunk, got into a fight, and when plain clothes police intervened, the Maguires assaulted them. The assaults continued when the Maguires got to the police station, and then bribery attempts were made.

Maguire version: Daisy's eyes looked funny so we thought some Albanians had injected her with a date rape drug. (Note injected her in the street, which is highly unusual. The usual MO according to police is to slip a date rape drug in a drink.) We hired a minibus to take Daisy to hospital, but it took us to the police station. We feared we were being kidnapped, and then the Greek police assaulted us for no reason. The police attacked my leg, telling me my football career was over, and I feared for my life so I ran.

When you think being slung in the back of a police van is in fact the above....... You KNOW you're drunk! :dembelelol:

Last edited:

No point in me stating how/who/what, wasn't there didn't see/hear shit. But given the accusations, the charges and the fact he HAS been found guilty I was quite stunned to find how Dan Roan started his interview with "Harry, good to see you. Thanks for your time. How have you been these last few days, How are you? How tuff has it been?

Which sets up the entire interview of McGuire's defence. This isn't an interview by an investigative journalist, it's McGuire's PR machine. This is the type of "interview" given to a victim of wrongdoing, someone who's served time in jail for a crime they didn't commit.

Obviously, if he's been setup then I hope those responsible pay a price and good luck to him.

Indeed but just to caveat, he is no longer "guilty" of the offences as the appeal nullifies the conviction from the lower court.

So the core fact is that there was a fight between Greek police officers and the Maguire clan.
Also, it's fairly clear that the Maguires were blind drunk. I mean why else buy £4.50 donor kebabs after wolfing down 7 ribeye steaks for 800 Euros and bottles of Jack Daniels at over 100 Euros each.

The key problem for Slabhead is that he might be able to laugh off a pub fight, after all Ben Stokes managed it. But assaulting police officers is a major No No, especially with the Andrew Harper horror case so fresh in the memory.

Harry Maguire is a very expensive and valuable asset to manure. So some explanation for why Maguire was fighting and hospitalizing three police officers has to be found if that asset's value is to be preserved.

Hmmm.

None of us were there.

I have dealt with a few cases of police lying - one of a poor guy fitted up abroad. Maybe it is a flaw of mine, but I just presume the bastards are lying.

I have dealt with a few cases of police lying - one of a poor guy fitted up abroad. Maybe it is a flaw of mine, but I just presume the bastards are lying.
It's entirely possible the police are lying about some elements of the case.

But Slabhead's story as a whole is so convoluted it would fail to make the script for reboot 99 of Taken...

Indeed but just to caveat, he is no longer "guilty" of the offences as the appeal nullifies the conviction from the lower court.

Is that typical of our courts too?

Sounds distinctly unfamiliar when you consider people under custodial sentences here tend to await their appeal hearing whilst in the clink.

Is that typical of our courts too?

Sounds distinctly unfamiliar when you consider people under custodial sentences here tend to await their appeal hearing whilst in the clink.
Nope, apparently once the appeal process is launched under Greek law a conviction remains pending. This means that Maguire has no criminal record and is once again presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Hmmm.

None of us were there.

Maguires. Clearly. All Albanians walk around wearing a T shirt with "I'm Albianian" on the front, doing impressions of Norman Wisdom's Pitkin "Mr Grimsdale" (a hero in Communist Albania). Being able to identify them as Albanians woukd be easy, adding a clear element of credibility to his story

Back
Top Bottom