Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's really something satisfying about Man Utd selling arguably their best defender and then signing another big name for up front.

To be fair I feel sorry for Cavani. He is/was a class striker, one of my favourites that I've watched and isn't related to Spurs, and he's getting an ice-cold reception because the glory-hunting "fans" of this has-been club wanted Jadon Sancho. Real Madrid fans get alot of stick, deservedly so, but this lot aren't far behind.

A Man U supporting mate just put this up on our WhatsApp group. I'll say here what i said to him "He'll really sort out your defence!" It's been 15 minutes and he's not replied and changed the subject...

Being 100% sincere, how can you watch how they've played in the 1st 3 games this season and think that a 33 year old striker on a huge wage is what is needed to make the team better? They're becoming an absolute 2 bob club at board/recruitment level.

They need to bring in moyes asap before their match with fulham, it's their only hope
10yYfSv.gif

To be fair I feel sorry for Cavani. He is/was a class striker, one of my favourites that I've watched and isn't related to Spurs, and he's getting an ice-cold reception because the glory-hunting "fans" of this has-been club wanted Jadon Sancho. Real Madrid fans get alot of stick, deservedly so, but this lot aren't far behind.
I don't think it's about glory hunting fans. If Cavani is our forward signing, we would have lost our shit, too. Injuries building up, shit last season, on high wage, available for negotiation since January... just to be signed at last minute, since nobody else wanted him. Cherry on top, his agent said during January if he wants to go after money he would join Chavski or Man U!

I don't think it's about glory hunting fans. If Cavani is our forward signing, we would have lost our shit, too. Injuries building up, shit last season, on high wage, available for negotiation since January... just to be signed at last minute, since nobody else wanted him. Cherry on top, his agent said during January if he wants to go after money he would join Chavski or Man U!
1: Cavani is still Cavani. Ibrahimovic was in the same boat back when he signed for United, and since he and José left they've won fuck all.
2: If Cavani came here, we would absolutely welcome him, just like we did with Big Fer, Janssen, hell, even with Adebayor and Robbie Keane after he left us the way he did, and we would do the same even if Troy bloody Deeney signed for us.
3: "Injuries building up, shit last season, on high wage" doesn't this remind someone we recently signed (I know he is a God here but still...)? A season doesn't make a player.

Basically, what normal supporters would do, was to get behind the player that is wearing the shirt of your club, but since these pricks have no respect for their shirt since most of them only watch 1 in 5 United games, they don't know what respecting a player of the club means.

1: Cavani is still Cavani. Ibrahimovic was in the same boat back when he signed for United, and since he and José left they've won fuck all.
2: If Cavani came here, we would absolutely welcome him, just like we did with Big Fer, Janssen, hell, even with Adebayor and Robbie Keane after he left us the way he did, and we would do the same even if Troy bloody Deeney signed for us.
3: "Injuries building up, shit last season, on high wage" doesn't this remind someone we recently signed (I know he is a God here but still...)? A season doesn't make a player.

Basically, what normal supporters would do, was to get behind the player that is wearing the shirt of your club, but since these pricks have no respect for their shirt since most of them only watch 1 in 5 United games, they don't know what respecting a player of the club means.

Cavani would have been a back up striker for us, and too over paid and injury prone for that role. He's supposed to be their main man yet they'll be lucky to get 20 games out of him, and to go from playing in France to the PL is a big jump, especially at his age. Coming to the PL for the first in your 30s generally isn't a good idea.

It's a dreadful, shorted sighted signing for them which solves none of their problems.

1. Zlatan score 40+ goal in his last season at PSG. Cavani couldn't manage to reach double digit. Cavani was down the pecking order. You noticed they had Choupo Moting playing for them right? And they have Icardi as main rotation option. They excluded Cavani from their CL squad toward the end of last season, and they made CL final in this past season, their best run, after failing all this years with Cavani doing a donkey work in CL. The comparison between Cavani and Zlatan is lazy. Zlatan is hardly great player in CL, but Cavani is dogshit. Cavani is like the mixture of Lukaku and Morata. Flat track bully like Lukaku and flashy like Morata, but ultimately a donkey.

2. That's the big if right there. Clearly Cavani is after the money. He only goes to Man U now, because nobody else wanted him; and Man U is desperate enough to pick up him even after his agent talked shit about their club in related events.

3. At the age of 34 in few months, new to PL, even the national team dropped you from the qualification squad due to your fitness issue; yes it does raise plenty of question for you as a player going forward.

Standing behind club, and player who want to be here is good and all; but clearly we don't look at that scenario here. That club is evidently ran by morons. And those morons that made this deal is not after their club best interest, but to cover their ass after failing to get what their manager want. There is better thing to beat their entitled fan, but not this one. It must feel like a hit to be in that situation as a fan.

Last edited:
I couldn't care which strikers they have as long as they have Maguire and one of the other donkey's at centre-back they are fucked. They also can't play Fernandes and Pogba in the same side, although Ole will keep trying to crowbar them into the team together, it doesn't work.

I've basically spent my whole life watching them win the league under Fergie so to now see them reduced to being barely top 4 material seems about fucking time.

Yep. He was once brilliant but would have been a terrible acquisition for us. Much much happier that we're giving Vinicius a go.

Yep. He was once brilliant but would have been a terrible acquisition for us. Much much happier that we're giving Vinicius a go.

Vinicius fit more of the profile that we needed in a back up striker.

Someone relatively young, hungry and determined, a sign of improvement in his career and someone who can not just play up front on his own, but with a partner and out wide.

Watching Sky nosh off Cavani now.

LOL that they listed his major honours. Spoiler alert: it's hoovering up trophies in France as is par for the course spending years at PSG.

They also listed his iffy goal return from last season but hand waved it away to make it sound in any way impressive. I'll put my neck on the line and suggest this ain't the Ibrahimovic transfer mk2.

Back
Top Bottom