Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Their fan base is full of useful idiots since many are just glory hunters. Easy for their board to manipulate. The one who see the issue would be overshadowed by those who easy to please. Their board is just their to stay until there is no money to make.

After West Ham probably the worst board in the prem, think of the size, money and potential of that club and then look how they deliver and are run. It’s amateur.

Maguire is an OK defender at premier league level, he's just not an £80 mil player and probably not at the level Man United want in a captain.

For me this is what football is about, not sluggish players like Maguire chasing their own tails

I voted twice, once on my laptop and once on my phone 🤭

Their board has to go, until it goes its almost irrelevant the manager, while the players are in control even under Mourinho they will be a talented collective creating a mediocre team.

If Poch goes there soon as he gets conflict with Pogba the board will tell Poch to shut up, his authority will go and that will be that.
I wonder if any of the Levy our brigade would swap owners with United?

Their board has to go, until it goes its almost irrelevant the manager, while the players are in control even under Mourinho they will be a talented collective creating a mediocre team.

If Poch goes there soon as he gets conflict with Pogba the board will tell Poch to shut up, his authority will go and that will be that.
I know he's heavily linked but it seems like such a risky move for Poch to go there. He absolutely needs to win trophies at his next stop to still be considered a top manager in the game. I think there's so much possibility for turmoil at United it would make me very nervous if I were him.

I still think his best landing spot is PSG.

The Man Utd manager position has to be the biggest poisoned chalice in the whole of sport right now.

No-one is ever going to be able to live up to what SAF did there, it would be like a Celtic manager trying to match what Jock Stein accomplished or a Notts Forest manager trying to measure up to Brian Clough.

Plus their "fans" now have the mentality that because they were dominant before, that they should always be dominant.

The Man Utd manager position has to be the biggest poisoned chalice in the whole of sport right now.

No-one is ever going to be able to live up to what SAF did there, it would be like a Celtic manager trying to match what Jock Stein accomplished or a Notts Forest manager trying to measure up to Brian Clough.

Plus their "fans" now have the mentality that because they were dominant before, that they should always be dominant.
I don't imagine for one minute that anyone is expecting another Ferguson era but what rankles me as I stated earlier is their sheer arrogance.
As Spurs supporters we all hope and dream the club will eventually rise again to be a major footballing force, challenging for the highest titles and trophies available.

Man United fans whenever I meet them seem to have a "Do you fucking realise who we are ?" attitude. It's as if the very name should automatically conjure up success. It's that immodesty that has gradually eroded them as a top club. They have knee jerked with managers, pandered to their so called 'star players' and quite literally thrown millions of pounds at a problem which will never go away unless they start again from the very basics.

It's a long road to recovery that they must take but unless they come to terms with the harsh realities of life and bring in a manager of standing ,who they will firmly back, then they are doomed.

Not that I'm complaining :mourhandlaugh: :coys: :coys: :coys:

I don't imagine for one minute that anyone is expecting another Ferguson era but what rankles me as I stated earlier is their sheer arrogance.
As Spurs supporters we all hope and dream the club will eventually rise again to be a major footballing force, challenging for the highest titles and trophies available.

Man United fans whenever I meet them seem to have a "Do you fucking realise who we are ?" attitude. It's as if the very name should automatically conjure up success. It's that immodesty that has gradually eroded them as a top club. They have knee jerked with managers, pandered to their so called 'star players' and quite literally thrown millions of pounds at a problem which will never go away unless they start again from the very basics.

It's a long road to recovery that they must take but unless they come to terms with the harsh realities of life and bring in a manager of standing ,who they will firmly back, then they are doomed.

Not that I'm complaining :mourhandlaugh: :coys: :coys: :coys:
I'm not old enough to remember, but it makes me think if they had similar issues after their highs of the late 60s that led to their relegation in 1974.

(Random thing, that season was shitty to say the least for London clubs, the highest placed one was QPR in 8th, with Woolwich and ourselves bang mid table in 10th and 11th respectively.

Last edited:
I'm not old enough to remember, but it makes me think if they had similar issues after their highs of the late 60s that led to their relegation in 1974.

(Random thing, that season was shitty to say the least for London clubs, the highest placed one was QPR in 8th, with Woolwich and ourselves bang mid table in 10th and 11th respectively.
From what I gathered from Man U supporters relative and friends, they have this mentality about doing thing their way, being different for the sake of it. Cristiano Ronaldo was the first ever Portuguese player they signed. In another word, they prefer British and Irish core, and/or foreign players but from their academy. Really neglecting scouting in South America until recent years. Latin players seem to struggling, not staying long in for their club since the culture at their club doesn't build to accommodate these players, but forcing them to adapt.

Ole initially tried to tickle their fan about United way, before it fall apart. Fergie adapts his style over the years. There is no philosophy in the style of play that you can replicate. It reflects to their fanbase. Arrogance and entitlement. They reject new ideas, but when being hard pressd about the United way, 10 men tell 10 different stories about their style of play. It's all about the culture/ mentality, which Fergie type of manager at top level pretty much extincts.

Let take Poch situation as example about how their fans behave. They were jealous of us under the good years with Poch: having young high quality squad without spending fortune, playing eye catching football. They use that to beat their own managers at the time, turning an blind eye on all the good thing the managers trying to do. Then Poch becomes available, and they got a manager that know how to talk what they want to hear. Now they revise everything, using the previous manager mentality to beat Poch, while conveniently ignoring how same stick can be used to beat their current manager. What this whole thing tells us is they like the new Poch, rather the real Poch who proved himself with a rival, and has some failure. They unconsciously hope for Fergie next coming.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom