Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Get a fucking grip.

Image an Englishman comes to Sweden and asks how he can get rid of ”Blackheads”. If you translate ”blackhead” to Swedish you get ”svartskalle”, which is highly offensive. So he goes straight to jail. In jail he meets a lovely blonde, which he marries. Being married in Sweden is called ”gift”, which could also be translated as ”poison”. So the English are angered and declare war upon Sweden for this flagrant abuse of human rights. Europe collapses in internal misery and the Chinese invade, the history books calls this ”The Google Translate 2 week war”.

Get a fucking grip, unless that means something offensive somewhere, then I am sorry.

Not that I am against United players getting banned unfairly, that would be super!

Get a fucking grip.

Image an Englishman comes to Sweden and asks how he can get rid of ”Blackheads”. If you translate ”blackhead” to Swedish you get ”svartskalle”, which is highly offensive. So he goes straight to jail. In jail he meets a lovely blonde, which he marries. Being married in Sweden is called ”gift”, which could also be translated as ”poison”. So the English are angered and declare war upon Sweden for this flagrant abuse of human rights. Europe collapses in internal misery and the Chinese invade, the history books calls this ”The Google Translate 2 week war”.

Get a fucking grip, unless that means something offensive somewhere, then I am sorry.

Not that I am against United players getting banned unfairly, that would be super!

You have mixed prisons or is this lovely blonde called Sven?

The term "Snowflake" is stupid in it's own right.

to use it as a pejorative term to describe a group of people is moronic as snowflakes in themselves are all individually different.

however, I do agree there's a difference between racism through ignorance and Racism through malice.

Racism through ignorance is usually examples of good people who mean well say the wrong thing without realizing the damage it causes and wouldn't want to offend or upset anyone.

Racism through malice are examples of dangerous people who genuinely feel people of other races/creeds are not equal to them - these are the people that really need to be targeted.

Obviously all racism is bad but the intention behind the slip/statement is also extremely important and relevant

Nice little PR-storm to manage whilst they fight off the recent cyber attack though eh, innit..... :)

Fuck that late winner this weekend tho'.... Screwed up what would have otherwise been the perfect "Haha Utd" week.:dawsonmean:

Racism through ignorance is usually examples of good people who mean well say the wrong thing without realizing the damage it causes and wouldn't want to offend or upset anyone.
The problem is what you regard as racism. In Scandinavia (and I guess in Southern America) there is no racial slur in calling each other by hair colour. Svarten / Negrito / 'Blackie' my simply refer to that, or some other feature which got nothing to do with racism. You guys call redheads for gingers or carrot tops. And often refer to it with negative distinctions like being aggressive. Ever thought of that being offensive?

Another example is your love for the word c*nt. That's a highly derogatory misogynistic term to call anyone and totally social unacceptable behaviour up in the nordics.

It's laughable if Cavani is fined or getting match banned for this, like HeroesAndVillains HeroesAndVillains says; get a fucking grip.

Deeney made a fair point earlier.....

Perhaps the FA and clubs should oversee that players are suitably educated about the cultures they are entering upon signing X or Y players as part of their media (and thus social media) training.

Damn right.

....Isn't that what Suarez called Evra?
yeah

he's using the Silva (or was it Mendy) defence " it was just joshing with a mate , Guv "
which should make no difference. still got a ban, but we shall see...

edit: one thing is certain..,..if Cavani does get off with it, the scousers will go into meltdown.
perhaps the FA could get David Coote onto the panel. Liverpool will drop into a sinkhole of its own indignance and self pity

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom