Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No
Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but it seems very ham-fisted still...... Maybe the whole promise of a DOF job is little more than a dangling carrot.....? ....The proverbial gentleman's agreement.?
Not from what I've read about him. He's someone that is attracted to the scope of the job rather than how lucrative the contract is.

The process to get here has been hamfisted without a doubt, fear that this ends that chapter.

Now that I've had time to digest it, I feel that Ragnick's football wouldn't be in line with that played by Poch, perhaps a closer fit in style would be that of Ten Haag.

sounds like Poch is now out of the running. You would suspect a German manager with a similar style to Rangnick will take over.

Not to worried. We have Conte, there is no manager out there they could hire on his level anyway.

Not from what I've read about him. He's someone that is attracted to the scope of the job rather than how lucrative the contract is.

I meant United; not him dangling said carrot.

The process to get here has been hamfisted without a doubt, fear that this ends that chapter.

Now that I've had time to digest it, I feel that Ragnick's football wouldn't be in line with that played by Poch, perhaps a closer fit in style would be that of Ten Haag.

So potentially a bad chemistry with Poch; who will be more determined than ever to have major autonomy once he's got Leonardo in his rear mirror.

Last edited:
sounds like Poch is now out of the running. You would suspect a German manager with a similar style to Rangnick will take over.

Not to worried. We have Conte, there is no manager out there they could hire on his level anyway.

Don't really care who they end up with; just don't want them improving.

I meant United; not him dangling said carrot.

So potentially a bad chemistry with Poch; who will be more determined that ever to have major autonomy once he's got Leonardo in his rear mirror.
The biggest risk with this hire is having him as the interim manager. He has managed before but.......

I've no idea of the remit they are going to give him, what his scope is going to be, what is this consultancy role made up of etc. etc

But looking solely on his body of work, the type of football he's known for I doubt he would have Poch at the top of his list to continue the work and style of football he would be looking to introduce this season.

But if his remit isn't to be involved in the decision to select his successor then Utd would I'm sure go for Poch after he's sacked this summer.

That Ragnick appointment is a sensible one for United, the ones that lose most are Ronaldo and Pogba in my opinion, because their other players fit Ragnick's gung-ho gegenpress to perfection. I refuse to believe though that Ragnick won't have a performance clause in his contract that allows him to become full-time manager if some conditions are met (those conditions might be like winning the Champions League or something ridiculous like that), from what I've heard of him when AC Milan and later us were pursuing him was that he's a control-freak that misses management. Hope it fails, but don't see how...

No way, the idea that he’s just a voice in the room is total madness. You’re either all the way in or all the way out.

Chaos move by a chaos club, the idea that Rangnick is some magical svengali is as nonsense in this context as it was when he was mooted for Spurs.

And that’s all not even mentioning that United’s squad can’t play his extremely doctrinaire gegenpressing football.

This will be a total disaster
I get you point, but it’s only a six month contract, so I’m not sure a ‘disaster’ is even possible. I don’t think he’s a svengali at all, just an understated, competent professional.

I was hoping they were going to chuck tens of millions at Rodgers and continue to underwhelm.

Out of interest, why couldn’t UTD press? Yes, would mean dropping Ronaldo, but everyone else could.

Rangnick will be dumped at the end of the season, return to Germany, and then Poch will take over. Utd have just found a mug to take the job for 6 months, that's all.

That Ragnick appointment is a sensible one for United, the ones that lose most are Ronaldo and Pogba in my opinion, because their other players fit Ragnick's gung-ho gegenpress to perfection. I refuse to believe though that Ragnick won't have a performance clause in his contract that allows him to become full-time manager if some conditions are met (those conditions might be like winning the Champions League or something ridiculous like that), from what I've heard of him when AC Milan and later us were pursuing him was that he's a control-freak that misses management. Hope it fails, but don't see how...
What's being reported is that he only takes the interim job until the end of the season, and Man U has to agree to a clause to move him onto a consultant role afterward.

He's a decent coach with a progressive philosophy. However, he's not a top coach. He couldn't threaten Bayern dominance as a full time coach in Bundesliga. Right now in England, Chavski, Dippers, and Man City are at the similar level to Bayern at their best.

He's too smart to know that he's not capable of coaching long term while meeting sky high expectation, especially with this high level of competitiveness in PL. Taking the interim job mid season, he has all the excuses if he fail. If he happen to overachieve, he would earn himself more power once he's in advisor role. Job security move. Win-win for him.

Edit:

Last edited:
The dangling carrot could also be a waiting DOF role where he gets this season to recruit his successor and assess the squad, strengths weaknesses and needs for coming seasons.

I think when we looked at him in the summer it was to bring him in with the dortmund caretaker manager from last season. They’ll either go down that kind of route or rip it all up and go for poch if it doesn’t work because Rangnick hasn’t managed a team for years.

Could go either way.

All off the back of this interview, not long after they had bought him. He got a lot of clog from Man U supporters.

The best thing is hearing twatface talk utter bollocks about him specifically being a footballer with great technical ability(!!!!), VDV then questions him with a simple technique??

I love how twatface is like "You love being honest don't you" yes, yes he does, unlike him who everytime he opens his mouth you smell the bullshit.

United get Ragnarick as an interim before a massive name, we got Mason before Nuno...

Jealous over a guy who's name you don't even know? :contethumb:

Utter false-equivalence rubbish anyway.

Rangnick has just been given a job for 2 1/2 years (inc. 6 1/2 months of this season!!!)..... We had Mason for 5/6 games.

Said it all along even with Ole in charge, United will 100% get 4th. Ronaldo will single handily drag them there and now with a new interim, they will start to win games again. We just don’t have a good enough team to get 4th it’s as simple as that. Major reinforcements in Jan, then a possibility, but we know Levy isn’t doing that. Our squad can’t even beat a bunch of goat herders and we expect us to get 4th? No chance

Back
Top Bottom