Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay, so not our closest rivals (unless you count the fanbase), but I'm still taking a jolly good laugh at the quite spectacular fall from grace that United have suffered this season. I think most people would agree that they would have maybe found it tough going this season while Moyes settles...but I don't think they'd have seen an empire collapse so grandiosely.

They may well (and probably will) rebuild and be as strong as ever but I think we should enjoy their turmoil while we can (and pray we see something similar & more permanent when caterpillar coat cunt leaves Woolwich).

Wheels coming off?

Van Persie frustrated with team-mates after Manchester United defeat
Last Updated: 26/02/14 12:42pm

Manchester United striker Robin van Persie accused his team-mates of getting in his way following the 2-0 Champions League defeat to Olympiakos.

Goals from Alejandro Dominguez and Woolwich loanee Joel Campbell put the Greek side in command after the first leg of the last-16 tie.

The latest setback in a miserable season has piled the pressure on David Moyes, with the Scot now the favourite with Sky Bet to become the next Premier League manager to lose his job.

Moyes was 25/1 to be the next managerial casualty before United's latest loss, but his odds were repeatedly slashed on Wednesday morning, going from 11/1 to 5/6 in just over an hour.

Van Persie wasted a good chance to score a vital away goal when he blazed a shot over the crossbar in the closing stages.

It was a frustrating night for the Dutchman as he struggled to make an impact, but he claimed after the match that his cause was not helped by the positioning of some of his team-mates.

"It was quite difficult because my team-mates are often in the area where I want to play," he said.

"That's why I have to change my tactics. Unfortunately, they are often in my area.

"It was much too slow and we only had one shot on target in the whole match against Olympiakos, which is far too little. Everyone is very disappointed."

United have to win by three clear goals in the second leg at Old Trafford to be sure of their passage to the quarter-finals, but Van Persie is refusing to throw in the towel just yet.

"It is still possible, because with all due respect to Olympiakos, we should be able to win 3-0 at home," he added.

"It is not that they were fantastic, we just mostly failed."

Manager Moyes concedes that the Red Devils failed to produce the required standard and paid the price - but he is refusing to throw in the towel and believes anything is still possible in the return date at Old Trafford.

He said: "It's the worst we've played in Europe, that's for sure. A really poor performance tonight. We never got going from the start and we didn't deserve anything because of the way we played tonight.

"We just never really got to grips with things. To a man, you could hardly pick anyone out, we just didn't perform. We came into the game in good form, a good mind set, but we didn't show that tonight.

"I still didn't think we were necessarily two goals worse off in the game. We had a shot that gets deflected, but we didn't offer enough on the night.

"I take responsibility, it's my team and I'll always front it up. We didn't play well tonight and we have to play better. We can do. The one good thing is that there is the second game to go.

"The players are hurting as well. They know how they performed. But there is a team here, that won't change, and we'll stick together.

"There is the second game to come and Old Trafford has seen some great nights in the past - I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing another one."

Midfielder Michael Carrick added on Sky Sports: "First half we had decent possession and felt in control of the game. They scored a goal from nothing and it's put them in a good position.

"As obvious as it is to say, second half we didn't start very well and the second goal puts them in a terrific position.

"It would have been nice for us to get an away goal near the end but the tie isn't over yet, we thoroughly believe that, but it's not ideal.

"I thought first half, coming away in Europe, we were in control, but goals change games and they've scored the first one. Then we probably didn't react in the second half well enough until it was too late.

"Don't get me wrong, to score three goals in this competition is tough but we've done it before and hopefully we'll do it again."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ith-team-mates-after-manchester-united-defeat

Quality trolling by Adrian Durham in the Daily Fail:

Link: United BELONG in the Champions League and if they finish fifth or sixth they should snub Europa... it's a tournament for losers

I think United fans should be flatter
ed that he thinks they'll finish top 6

Sums that Odious attention seeking Prick right up..
Europa is classed as a major tournament and the team that enters it is the team that just misses out on finishing in the top 4..
15 other clubs in the best league in the world can't manage it so basically that Ginger Prick is saying only the top 4 are important..
What a ridiculous Cunt that man is.

Moyes is an absolute clown...they win one game at home to a shit side and he has the audacity to say that they can win CL.

I hope an injury riddled Dortmund pound his face into a shit pile....or Bale & Co. (bad ass name) to just flat out embarrass the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom