Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moyes has been an abject failure. I can't believe there are still apologists out there sayin to give him time.

A bad but acceptable season for united would be scraping 4th place or even 5th after at least looking like challenging for top 4. As it happens they have been upper mid table for months and could well finish below Everton (the team moyes came from who are now better than they were when he was there) and spurs, who have sacked a manager mid way through the season, appointed a complete novice (who goes on to beat united at OT) and lost their talisman in the summer.

If he survives the summer I will be shocked. I reckon klopp will be the new guy there by end of June
Imagine Whinger goes there in the summer!

Moyes has been an abject failure. I can't believe there are still apologists out there sayin to give him time.

A bad but acceptable season for united would be scraping 4th place or even 5th after at least looking like challenging for top 4. As it happens they have been upper mid table for months and could well finish below Everton (the team moyes came from who are now better than they were when he was there) and spurs, who have sacked a manager mid way through the season, appointed a complete novice (who goes on to beat united at OT) and lost their talisman in the summer.

If he survives the summer I will be shocked. I reckon klopp will be the new guy there by end of June
i tend to think if he still has SAF's support, he gets one more year.
However, having missed out on Maureen last summer, they may not want to risk missing out on a Klopp or anyone else.
Interesting thought..If SAF still supports Moyes and they ignore him and give Moyes the heave ho, will SAF cut his ties?

iM1giCSmoazCE.gif

See page 3 of the thread, repost

what's really annoying is that we haven't taken advantage of Man U's dire season, whereas Liverpool have.

To be honest, we're having a dire season and yet are still in 5th, so I think we are, in a way.

The results are flattering, but we've been shit all season. I can't think of a whole game we've been good in, only segments (i.e. Benfica away after the Chadli goal, marred only by the Bentaleb/Sandro fluff)

I really don't get why you are all writing Moyes off so quickly. In Ferguson's first four seasons he only finished in the top four once. The other three seasons were 11th twice and 13th, 11th being his first season finish. If he and other big names like Charlton are banging the Moyes drum behind the scenes there is nothing to say they don't have the same view for the long term and, with a largely inherited squad, will not be working with Moyes to make some key signings in the summer through United's not inconsiderable spending power. In fact, this situation is very similar to what happened at Brendan Rodger's first season at Liverpool, and he never even got big summer signings.

It also makes me laugh that people talk as if Moyes was shite. He took an average Everton side and had them consistently fighting for a top six finish for over a decade. Martinez has only had one season and is not vastly exceeding this at all. Moyes is now in a totally different culture at Man U and is following the greatest PL manager of all time. There was always going to be a period of adjustment, and that would have applied whoever came in. I think he is being written off too early and I wouldn't be surprised to see him there next season.

It's only because it's Man U that the hysteria in the press starts as people assume that the club has some sort of divine right to always be challenging for the title. But the worst part of it is that people, both United fans and otherwise, have totally fallen for that idea hook line and sinker and are now calling for his head.

Oh, and they won 4-1 today. When was the last time we scored four in a game?

I really don't get why you are all writing Moyes off so quickly. In Ferguson's first four seasons he only finished in the top four once. The other three seasons were 11th twice and 13th, 11th being his first season finish. If he and other big names like Charlton are banging the Moyes drum behind the scenes there is nothing to say they don't have the same view for the long term and, with a largely inherited squad, will not be working with Moyes to make some key signings in the summer through United's not inconsiderable spending power. In fact, this situation is very similar to what happened at Brendan Rodger's first season at Liverpool, and he never even got big summer signings.

It also makes me laugh that people talk as if Moyes was shite. He took an average Everton side and had them consistently fighting for a top six finish for over a decade. Martinez has only had one season and is not vastly exceeding this at all. Moyes is now in a totally different culture at Man U and is following the greatest PL manager of all time. There was always going to be a period of adjustment, and that would have applied whoever came in. I think he is being written off too early and I wouldn't be surprised to see him there next season.

It's only because it's Man U that the hysteria in the press starts as people assume that the club has some sort of divine right to always be challenging for the title. But the worst part of it is that people, both United fans and otherwise, have totally fallen for that idea hook line and sinker and are now calling for his head.

Newcastle away.

(Only red the last line)

:chadliblow:

Is Moyes your cousin or something?

Is Moyes your cousin or something?
It's called having a brain and not being a media lemming. The idea that he's become the world's worst manager overnight is bonkers.

If he stayed and turned it around like Rodgers has at Liverpool, would you still post the same cocky shit then?

It case you haven't noticed it actually benefits us that Moyes stays for a while during this adjustment period. Unless you'd rather he get sacked, they bring in one of our managerial targtes like very man this thread is about, and we're left hiring another Juande Ramos? Still be saying the same then would you?

Back
Top Bottom