Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This IS embarrassing (particularly in retrospect and even at the time we knew the hype about their council-house move was ill-judged) but it suddenly made me realise that we'll be seeing the equivalent scenes from Spurs players in about three weeks.
:kanehand::walkercry:

Do you know what Mate, our move is on a totally different scale in my opinion. Yes I will have a lump in my throat on the last game but to me it's as if the old girl is being closed for a full refurb.
They were moving from an area and a community, they were re-locating, where as we are in the same place but it's all getting a massive make over.

Not only that, our new stadium will be for the better, it will be a purpose built wonder stadium, it will be one of the best stadia in world football.

Theirs is nothing but an abomination of a rented athletic bowl that is anything but fit for football.
They have made one of the biggest mistakes in sport, there is no going back and they know it.
They have gone 10 steps backwards where as we are going 20 steps forwards.

I've been watching ours going up and each time I see it, I am taken a back by how fantastic it is going to be.
The players see it as well and know just how well this club is progressing.

I don't give a fuck what ever poncey name they give the new stadium, it will always be White Hart Lane to me.

Delivered with such aplomb..
cheers_law_and_order.gif

Do you know what Mate, our move is on a totally different scale in my opinion. Yes I will have a lump in my throat on the last game but to me it's as if the old girl is being closed for a full refurb.
They were moving from an area and a community, they were re-locating, where as we are in the same place but it's all getting a massive make over.

Not only that, our new stadium will be for the better, it will be a purpose built wonder stadium, it will be one of the best stadia in world football.

Theirs is nothing but an abomination of a rented athletic bowl that is anything but fit for football.
They have made one of the biggest mistakes in sport, there is no going back and they know it.

I've been watching ours going up and each time I see it, I am taken a back by how fantastic it is going to be.

I don't give a fuck what ever poncey name they give the new stadium, it will always be White Hart Lane to me.
Check out the vid someone posted for the scum game, the one with Woolwich fantv, notice all the people walking behind, actual "local" real life people, some with Spurs colours, all on a midweek day!! That's what having a football club in the hart of a community is. Even Woolwich's deathstar has no-one walking past when they do similar vids, it's deserted. I live within a spit from the bowl of nightmares and it is a ghost town, the new flats going up will be full of gooners not West Ham.

As it will to me.
I went to the ladies V West ham last week,sat in a part of the ground I haven't since the late 70s when we use to borrow my rich uncles season ticket for the Boxing day NLD(albeit,not the upper tier). And it finally dawned on me,what others on here have been saying. The ground I am nostalgic about went in the early 90s(maybe before) and whilst I love the present version,we need this change. Note I said change,not move. Onwards and upwards. I look forward to visiting the best stadium in England in a few years in the same street near the same pubs as i always have. Bring it on

"To good for En-gur-land" oh dear!
Very moving, I've gone all misty eyed, I've been moved enough to dig out an old photo from their #family album, I hope you don't mind me sharing it with everyone.

Some great points can be taken from that ' Speech'

A) The biggest night in the clubs history was a run of the mill league match.
B) Noble is too good for England
C) The owners have created a turn around in fortunes in their 6 years.
D) The club is not run like a Circus anymore
E) They are a proper club
F) The owners are taking them to the next level
G) Ben Sheppherd is a Cunt.

Some great points can be taken from that ' Speech'

A) The biggest night in the clubs history was a run of the mill league match.
B) Noble is too good for England
C) The owners have created a turn around in fortunes in their 6 years.
D) The club is not run like a Circus anymore
E) They are a proper club
F) The owners are taking them to the next level
G) Ben Sheppherd is a Cunt.
One year on.
A) It really was their biggest night in the clubs history and it was a run of the mill league match
B) Noble is shite
C) The owners are getting banged up for fraud
D) The club is a circus
E) They are not a club but a franchise
F) The owners have taken them backwards
G) Ben Shappherd is a Cunt

One year on.
A) It really was their biggest night in the clubs history and it was a run of the mill league match
B) Noble is shite
C) The owners are getting banged up for fraud
D) The club is a circus
E) They are not a club but a franchise
F) The owners have taken them backwards
G) Ben Shappherd is a Cunt

Very good..Take a bow..

Seriously though, take ten minutes out of your day to look at this; their big pitch to the fans from April 2013. It's hilarious.

"And I can promise you that no seat will be further away than that offered for Wembley stadium"

Further away from what, fucking Kent?
:levylol::levylol::levylol:

Wanted to meet with everyone one on one...

I sometimes love how fucking bold this woman is. Absolutely lots through her teeth, and she believes it all apparently.

Wanted to meet with everyone one on one...

I sometimes love how fucking bold this woman is. Absolutely lots through her teeth, and she believes it all apparently.
If their numbers of members etc are to be taken at face value and based on an 8hr working day, working 5 days a week dedicating soles that time to doing an 8min presentation, it would have taken 6.4yrs to complete 1:1 presentations.

That sales pitch video alone can surely be used under the trades discrimination act if supporters wanted them out. Literally every single word she uses to describe the seating is completely false. They are not automated, they are temporary, they are not permanent, running track not covered by seats but by green felt, every single football club in the country has seats closer to the pitch.

"The Trade Descriptions Act 1968 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom which prevents manufacturers, retailers or service industry providers from misleading consumers as to what they are spending their money on. This law empowers the judiciary to punish companies or individuals who make false claims about the products or services that they sell.

Applying a false trade description to goods is a strict liability offence: provided it is shown that the description was applied and was false, the accused has to prove certain defences in order to escape conviction.

False descriptions as to services require the more normal proof of mens rea (guilty intent).

The Act excludes matters relating to land and buildings, which are now dealt with under the provisions of the Property Misdescriptions Act 1991".

They all wanted it, at a guess less than 1% didn't want it. But what worst is now, what are their fans doing about it now? Absolutely fuck all. They are moaning, slagging off their owners and board on Twitter and in blogs, but based on all the evidence, all of the shitshow, they have done nothing. They are letting it continue. If they loved the club as much as they claim, surely they would do something? Don't they have a Supporters Trust? Oh well, Fuck'em!
:harrylol:

Seriously though, take ten minutes out of your day to look at this; their big pitch to the fans from April 2013. It's hilarious.

"And I can promise you that no seat will be further away than that offered for Wembley stadium"

Further away from what, fucking Kent?
:levylol::levylol::levylol:

The really funny thing is the bit where she says "this is the stadium in athletics mode" and there is a picture of that and that picture is the closest thing to what they have ended up with for football mode. Only in reality there is also a huge gap between the stadium front and rear as well so it's even worse than the planned athletics mode.

If someone did this to my club I would end up in jail.

Back
Top Bottom