Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Karren Brady: ‘I’ve never walked away from anything – and I’m not going to start now’

Starting reading this article with the presumption that Brady making a program to highlight gender inequality in modern Britain would redeem herself to me and others in some small way.

Got to the end and it has just re-confirmed her as a massive (hypocritical) cunt.
Before we start, Brady reaches for her iPhone. “Can I send my daughter a text? She wants me to give her a call. I think she’s had a promotion at work.” She taps away at supersonic speed, then looks up. “Right. So. Have you seen the programme? What did you think of it?”

Talk about a staged "look at me, what a Mum I am"! She could have texted her before the meeting began, between the moment she buzzed through to her PA to collected the reporter from reception, but no, best wait for the reporter to be present. On the subject of her daughter, she's a model, models don't get promotions, they get jobs, some high profile, some not. Unless she has just given her own Daughter yet another job, seeing as the baroness is the Chairperson of Phillip Green's Taveta Group, which owns TopShop where her daughter has a modelling contract, it's just a bit odd that she wouldn't actually know this already.

Couldn't make it up.

Didn't read past that which is only the 2nd paragraph.

Before we start, Brady reaches for her iPhone. “Can I send my daughter a text? She wants me to give her a call. I think she’s had a promotion at work.” She taps away at supersonic speed, then looks up. “Right. So. Have you seen the programme? What did you think of it?”

Talk about a staged "look at me, what a Mum I am"! She could have texted her before the meeting began, between the moment she buzzed through to her PA to collected the reporter from reception, but no, best wait for the reporter to be present. On the subject of her daughter, she's a model, models don't get promotions, they get jobs, some high profile, some not. Unless she has just given her own Daughter yet another job, seeing as the baroness is the Chairperson of Phillip Green's Taveta Group, which owns TopShop where her daughter has a modelling contract, it's just a bit odd that she wouldn't actually know this already.

Couldn't make it up.

Unfortunately that's not the half of it mate. Seems she went to the same school of shameless self promotion and fact forgetting as our Timmy.

She finished top of the class whereas Tim got held back a year.

Unfortunately that's not the half of it mate. Seems she went to the same school of shameless self promotion and fact forgetting as our Timmy.

She finished top of the class whereas Tim got held back a year.
All done within a stones through of White Hart Lane, we can at least be grateful that she never had an interest in football, otherwise the Edmonton lass would be one of us!

Couldn't make it up.

Pics ? of daughter

Pics ? of daughter
MissPiggy.jpg

Bored and so found myself idly flicking through KUMB. Come on, we all do it!

Although I don't suggest this a majority opinion among West Ham fans, but the fact that there are people (seen more than a couple support it) who seriously think being taken over by Red Bull is the solution to their problems makes me lose all sympathy I may have possibly had.

Oh did further reading and it appears that this idea is a lot more popular than I first thought.

Blimey. How is being called Red Bull London going to make anything better? (Because Red Bull London is going to be the name they want. They're not going to be interested in keeping West Ham as part of it. They don't even play in West Ham anymore.) They're not going to be claret and blue, they're not going to be called West Ham, they're still going to be playing at that shite stadium. What is appealing about this? Oh, might get more money and higher finishes in the league. You may as well just go and support a team that's already higher in the league because once Red Bull get involved you're not West Ham anymore. Amazing.

I guess this is the mindset that ended up with them moving to the Olympic stadium in the first place. Lessons have not been learned. They need to find owners who will run them like a football club with an actual past. Ownership by Red Bull is the opposite of this. I know RB Leipzig have done well, but they still don't seem like a legit team to me. Changing your name and colours on a whim based on who owns you should be something that is unacceptable.

So, yeah, I find it difficult to shed tears for fans who actually want something like this to happen. It'd be like a Wimbledon fan in 2002 thinking that move to Milton Keynes sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:
What sort of punishment will Sullivan get for this,or will it be the club?

Hell just have to pay back the tax owed same as every other tax evader.

Nobody ever gets ‘done’ over it.

Possibly because it’s tax avoidance, so a legal grey area.

But mainly sonthat the HMRC gets thier money without being tied up in legal bills.

Oh and the fact that generally only rich /powerful people commit large scale tax fraud....

#cynic

Back
Top Bottom