Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with that. The longer they are at that ground in its present form the more the soul of what made that club what it is dies.
I know a good many people who have been going since the 70s,and in some cases the 60s and they have not renewed and don't plan on going many times. It(the ground) is universally hated,with few exceptions.

The latest faux pax is to install this ridiculous purple wall, separating home and away fans. There is no such abomination at any other ground in England.
They knew nothing about it and only realised when they turned up for their game on Sunday along with the overpriced beer taps.

The general feeling is to enter the ground 15mins before kick off and leave the minute the final whistle goes, or in many cases leave after 60mins.
Our ground is opened for 6 hours during math day and pretty much jammed throughout those hours.

It's nothing like a football stadium let alone a premier league stadium.

That just looks like Brady and Dildos want the most sterile dead day tripper stadium in the land. From the Upton Park bear pit to a football equivalent of McDonald’s
From a selfish pov I regret not being able to go to away matches there. May have been a bear pit for the likes of us, but there were some great wins there. Knocking H's team out the cup 3-2 in the pouring rain. Amazing goal from Rebrov. Some ridiculous ones with goals at the death - the 4-3, Stalteri, 3-2 and Bale screamer.

The one I saw at the new gaff was awful. Like being at one of those old Soviet monstrosities.

£100,000 per game operating loss?

FFS!

That's £1.9m per season..... That's 2/3rds of the £3m they pay per season written off.

+ cup games (circa 8/9 games last season!)... Close to another million.

That's most of their rent swallowed up.

+ the £300m original conversion costs.... And the majority of the subsequent capacity expansion costs (un-disclosed)...... AND semi-regular cost of temporary transitions back and forth to Athletics and concerts 'modes' when required.

WH must be costing the tax payers in excess of half a billion (and rising!) at this point.

Complete and utter cunt-show from all sides.
My Spammer mate was telling me that the spammers dont even pay for the cornor flags.
the whole move there reeks of backhanders.

From a selfish pov I regret not being able to go to away matches there. May have been a bear pit for the likes of us, but there were some great wins there. Knocking H's team out the cup 3-2 in the pouring rain. Amazing goal from Rebrov. Some ridiculous ones with goals at the death - the 4-3, Stalteri, 3-2 and Bale screamer.

The one I saw at the new gaff was awful. Like being at one of those old Soviet monstrosities.
I loved going to their old ground,what aways days was all about.
My favourite away game bar none.
Gutted it's gone.

I loved going to their old ground,what aways days was all about.
My favourite away game bar none.
Gutted it's gone.
Totally agree. The evening kick-offs were some of the best or worst, which ever way you look at it.

The club has lost it's soul and they are just a banter club now and not a feared rival.

Last edited:
My Spammer mate was telling me that the spammers dont even pay for the cornor flags.
the whole move there reeks of backhanders.

No doubt... That and a massive amount of face-saving in terms of the so-called Olympic Legacy. They know the average Joe won't dig too deep into the detail of the deals made; so on the surface it looks like some rich EPL club is pouring cash back in to the governments pot even though that's far from the truth.

No doubt... That and a massive amount of face-saving in terms of the so-called Olympic Legacy. They know the average Joe won't dig too deep into the detail of the deals made; so on the surface it looks like some rich EPL club is pouring cash back in to the governments pot even though that's far from the truth.
They spent more than £300m on "converting" that shithole to a football stadium. Made the situation even worse cos they insisted the running track couldn't be destroyed as it's part of the "olympic legacy".

Honestly, these rich politicians with their head in the clouds have such strange pet projects at our expense.

They spent more than £300m on "converting" that shithole to a football stadium. Made the situation even worse cos they insisted the running track couldn't be destroyed as it's part of the "olympic legacy".

Honestly, these rich politicians with their head in the clouds have such strange pet projects at our expense.

I think if i remember rightly, Levy had something to do with this and is the biggest reason why they can't do anything about it going forward.

I think if i remember rightly, Levy had something to do with this and is the biggest reason why they can't do anything about it going forward.
Oh yeah, I think Levy wanted to demolish it and build a proper football stadium. The crooks who gave it to the dildo bros cited the "olympic legacy" as a reason why Levy wouldn't be allowed to do it.

So now they're being held to their word.

What is it with their perceived rivarly and this notion from them that we are their biggest enemies? I'm been hearing this shit from loads of them for over a decade. I once has an argument with a bloke who said that I, as a Spurs fan, was talking shit, by saying the rivarly wasn't seen the same way by us!!

It's like they are without an opposite (such as we have Woolwich) so that have picked us out of the London clubs, and have now deluded themselves into thing we are a two way conflict.

It's terribly sad really, but where does it come from? The old holligan days maybe?
It comes from racism

Premier League Price Table
Club Cheapest pint price
Man United£3.00
Liverpool £3.30
Bournemouth £4.25
Everton £4.55
Man City £4.60
Newcastle £4.90
Brighton £4.95
Wolves £5.00
Leeds United £5.00
Crystal Palace £5.00
Tottenham £5.19
Nottingham Forest £5.20
Aston Villa £5.20
Brentford £5.25
Southampton £5.50
Chelsea £5.70
Leicester £5.80
Fulham £5.80
Woolwich £6.35
West Ham£7.30

PINT PRICE ROW: West Ham's £7.30 pint caused outrage as the most expensive in the league...

Back
Top Bottom